• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

new rig up aand running

freakdaddy64

Recruit
ok guys thanks for help new build went very smooth heres pic when i can figure out how to resixe ill post a couple more

ok

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 9
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 9
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im getting around 90 100 fps in game is that ok with new specs some one said it go over 200 idk,but it plays great,and i am running graphics on hihg with ray tracing on.

how do i find you guys in so i can play somw mw with you

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
im getting around 90 100 fps in game is that ok with new specs some one said it go over 200 idk,but it plays great,and i am running graphics on hihg with ray tracing on.
Turning ray tracing off should increase your frame rates significantly, but at the cost of reducing visual quality.

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using Tapatalk

Remind us of the specs again.

The build itself looks neat and cables management looks clean, well done, good job.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
ray tracing off i get over 100 fps great graphics still
nzxt 510 case
msi b450 tomahawk max mobo
ryzen 5 3600 cpu
evga ko rtx 2060 ultra
16 gb gskill ddr4 3200
seagate 1 tb firecuda hd

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 7
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 6

freakdaddy64

Recruit
27 inch acer gaming monitor isp 144 refresh

ray tracing off i get over 100 fps great graphics still
nzxt 510 case
msi b450 tomahawk max mobo
ryzen 5 3600 cpu
evga ko rtx 2060 ultra
16 gb gskill ddr4 3200
seagate 1 tb firecuda hd
fps goes up and down depeding on whats going on its gone as high as 150s

fps goes up and down depeding on whats going on its gone as high as 150s
before only 60 to 90 so ive gained quite a bit of fps

KeyboardDemon

That's great, are you playing at 1920*1080 or 2560*1440?

Although I'm probably still a few months away from getting my new build started, I'm looking for a good graphics card to use at 2560*1440 resolution, and can't see the benefit of spend 25% more if your 2060 is getting those results.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
right now im at 1920 by 1080 and running most stuff on low or medium and ray tracing on,im going to do some testing tonjight,the more the vram goes down as you adjust settings seems to affect fps, i havnt let invidia experience optimize yet so im going to try that also. iand im going to turn everythjing up full blast and see how it does. no matter what ive tried im getting smooth play and great graphics

KeyboardDemon

Good stuff, test, record, test, record, repeat dozens of times and then you'll start to understand the mechanics of each setting.

Stick to a single change at a time and then in order to eliminate variables such as other players test on either the single player campaign or got to Private matches and repeat the tests on the same map each time.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
well in game settings all on high 60 to 80ish fps i go all low settings i stay above 100 to150ish now im going to let nvidia optimize and see i do know in mw graphic settings when making changes the higher the vram the lower the fps the lower vram the higher fps and doesnt really matter because no matter how i do it so far the graphics and gameplay is awsome. im lovin it

and as you make a change you can see the vram bar go up or down

and as you make a change you can see the vram bar go up or down
nvidia optimize aint happening,im staying with ingame settings everything on low at 1920 by 1080 fps is good and graphics are still great i just need to kill more lol

KeyboardDemon

nvidia optimize aint happening,im staying with ingame settings everything on low at 1920 by 1080 fps is good and graphics are still great i just need to kill more lol
There are 2 factors to consider when changing graphics settings, every change will impact on either quality or performance, as I have said previously, increasing one usually decreases the other, but certain newer features in DirectX 12 have made it possible to increase performance without loss of quality as they now make rendering more efficient by doing things like not calculating the polygons that you won't be able to see in a scene/frame.

Using GeForce Experience you can look at each setting and find out what it means, some people spend days, sometimes weeks testing each setting to discover the sweet spot for each and then testing pairs to find the best combined settings until they understand how to get the result they are after. Others use it to optimise their settings, which is not about getting the highest frame rates or the best quality, but it is about getting the best mix between the 2, but you can select which end of the scale the program favours using the slider in the settings. Select the game you want to optimise, click on the spanner and select a point that's closer to performance or quality, or find a good mid point on the line, and the settings will adjust to meet your requirements.

Performance vs Quality.jpg

In multiplayer I tend to pick optimised or performance if my frame rates are too low, in campaign I move to higher quality so I can enjoy the eye candy more.

It looks like you prefer performance, which is what's right for you, so try pulling the slider all the way to the left,

KeyboardDemon

I just spotted this video from JayzTwoCents on tweaking your graphics settings, I thought you might like to see this:

This 1 was uploaded while I was watching the 1 above:

Sorry, I don't mean to spam but here's another:

freakdaddy64

Recruit
thanks fpr post,im staying between 100 and 150 depending on whats going on in game .do you know a good software that shows fps on scdreen while playing. the in game is so small its pitiful,even if i record then watch still cant see it good

KeyboardDemon

You can do it using GeForce experience which also lets you select which corner to put your counter in.

People use to do this with a program called Fraps, but nobody uses that anymore.

To turn on the counter in Geforce Experience follow these 6 steps:

1. Open Geforce Experience
  2. Click on the Gear icon in the top right of the window to open settings
  3. Turn on the In-Game Overlay
  4. Hit the Settings button
  5. Click on the HUD layout button
  6. Select FPS Counter and then in the box on the right pick which corner you want to display your counter in
You can't control the size, but it's big enough to see plus the font is a lovely shade of nVidia green.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
thanks i found the fps at nvidia,im using msi afterburner i recorded video of me playing i was going to post for you to see, i watched some of the videos you posted so right now im getting 100 to 160 avg is 130s for fps with great graphics a definit improvment after upgrade.

i set me up a youtube channel and put up video of me playing modern warfare so you can check out the fps and graphics. settings on low 1920 by 1080p

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkAwNjytzII

KeyboardDemon

Afterburner gives a lot more detailed information than Geforce Experience, I forgot about Afterburner, mostly because I am not really interested in overclocking, I don't have the time to test and troubleshoot.

Frame rates are amazing, visuals are stunning, I had a few sound issues, but that's more to do with YouTube than anything else.
You can now tell Carlos that now really do have a monster PC. ;)

Well done buddy, I really pleased for you.

A quick tip for anyone that wants to watch this video, watch it in YouTube and select 1080p in the settings, it plays in 720p by default which looks bad until you change the settings.

KeyboardDemon

His (@freakdaddy64) computer is more powerful than the other dude. I was just trying to be positive towards the other one, but he goes like 'unnecessary'.
I get that, but it's a common thing on forums, the same words said in a different way create a different meaning, you said it to be complementary he read it to be derisory, in the same way, that a fast clapping is encouraging and a slow clap is insulting, right?

My comment was just a little tongue in cheek because he really does have a monster PC now, and I hope he is really happy with it.

I was so close to dropping some bucks on a GPU this weekend, but the card I really wanted was out of stock, now that I have seen what @freakdaddy64 has achieved, I am itching to bring mine up to date.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements