• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

new rig up aand running

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
EVGA offer a 90-day upgrade path, I'm thinking that if I delay until mid to late June then I might be able to move up to an RTX 3070 which is rumoured to launch in mid September, if I buy this month then I'll miss that window.

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using Tapatalk

freakdaddy64

Recruit
90 day upgrade path? did i miss out on somthing. oops i could have had a v8!!!

here i was getting better fps i didnt change anything i think its always different depending on what map,how players etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwONbO5yq8

youtube video could be better

check out the cpu and gpu temps while in game thier good right

what is ya,lls blizzard names so i can add you or find you maybe we do some coop and some warzone coop

mines freakdaddy64

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyboardDemon

90 day upgrade path? did i miss out on somthing. oops i could have had a v8!!!

here i was getting better fps i didnt change anything i think its always different depending on what map,how players etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwONbO5yq8

youtube video could be better

check out the cpu and gpu temps while in game thier good right

what is ya,lls blizzard names so i can add you or find you maybe we do some coop and some warzone coop

mines freakdaddy64
Temps are spot on, GPU utilisation is at 96% average and CPU utilisation holds steady at less than 60%, which is amazing.

It means that you have so much spare headroom on the CPU, you could livestream with no impact on gaming performance.

I PM'd my gamer tag to you.

EVGA Step Up Program details are here:

freakdaddy64

Recruit
what stores are sold out and what card are you getting. amazon and newegg showed out of stock on my motherboard so i went to ebay and it was in stock new and seller was newegg and it came from newegg lol,maybe check ebay and see if it shows in stock and see who seller is.

i dont know what i changed but fps has gotten better like 150 to 212 ive seen im not touching anything else. if i knew how to take screen shot and where to find it i could post a pic of in game settings,i dont even open nvidia.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwONbO5yq8&t=313s

and the youtube video gives no justice to how great the graphics really are.

KeyboardDemon

what stores are sold out and what card are you getting. amazon and newegg showed out of stock on my motherboard so i went to ebay and it was in stock new and seller was newegg and it came from newegg lol,maybe check ebay and see if it shows in stock and see who seller is.
Originally I was thinking about the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming which is selling for around £587 in the UK but after coming into some money I have been able to add a bit more cash to my budget and now I really like the look of the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Super WINDFORCE OC 8GB at £700 both EVGA and Gigabyte offer excellent service support in the UK so I feel confident getting either brand and I think Gigabyte gives an extra year free warranty if you register within 30-days of purchase. It would definitely be a nice step up from my GTX 980. Still not 100% certain if it's worth doing that now or hanging on till after September, my GTX-980 is most likely being bottlenecked by my old 3770k, so I also need to refresh that setup too. My 980 did run faster on the PC with a 4790 that I built for my nephew.

Part of me is crying out for a change now and the other part of me is like, oh wait, big new tech is launching soon after the last few years of mostly stagnant Intel refresh after Intel refresh and it's all about to hit the fan over the next few months.

I have picked out the case I want, so really all I need is to settle on a few other parts like exactly which CPU, Ryzen 5 looks like a good sweet spot, B550 seems like an ideal mobo chipset, 750-800 watt should be more than enough power, I'll only need 16GB but I like how 4 sticks of 8GB with RGB look in a mobo, but let's see how things go.

i dont know what i changed but fps has gotten better like 150 to 212 ive seen im not touching anything else. if i knew how to take screen shot and where to find it i could post a pic of in game settings,i dont even open nvidia.
Are using DLSS - Deep Learning Super Sampling?

As I understand it, DLSS uses AI to look at what the card is rendering and over time it learns to predict what pre-rendered data it can re-use in order to reduce computation time and there increase frame rates as the algorithm gets better at picking these things up.

I can't be certain, but that would be my guess.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
good stuff evga has a step up program so you can send in your evga card and upgrade for less cost which i may do when the new cards come out it may drop the price of the 2080ti which is an incredible card from what ive seen, im so glad i went to am4 socket so now my options are wide open as to further upgrades i may do but for now im very pleased with my pc. good luck with upgrade looking forward to hear how it goes.

KeyboardDemon

In my opinion it's worth taking time to plan a build, with my last build I was originally planning for a Sandy Bridge 2600k build but by the time I had my budget together Ivy Bridge had come out, it was worth the wait to get the 3770k.

I maybe could have survived another refresh into the 4770k but as I recall my previous PC was struggling to keep up with older CPUs. I was running an AMD 965 Black Edition with an AMD 6990 GPU when I upgraded to the 3770k. My CPU was being outperformed by the 2 year older mid range Intel CPUs, and I had the top end CPU that my mobo would support.

Now AMD find themselves leading the way in overall performance and innovation. Intel on the other hand are taking old CPUs, adding cores, pushing the speed a bit further and increasing powerdraw leading to hotter running parts. They are still leading in overall gaming performance but only by small percentage points at a much higher cost premium.

Before my last AMD I was rebuilding every 2 to 3 years, my 3770k has lasted 8 years and could most likely still be current in another year from now. For CoD MW an i5 2500 is where the recommended specs start, so based on that, my CPU should meet the next version's requirements.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im thinking about getting another two 8 gig sticks of ram to fill slots and will have 32 gigs. but do you think it would be overkill or i cant have enough ram.

KeyboardDemon

im thinking about getting another two 8 gig sticks of ram to fill slots and will have 32 gigs. but do you think it would be overkill or i cant have enough ram.
What else will you be using your PC for other than gaming?

If you're only using it for gaming then you'll not see a benefit, the only game I've ever seen that needs more than 16GB is Just Cause 3, and that was so badly done that even with 32GB it would occasionally run into memory related crashes.

It will help to have more ram if you're doing things like video editing.

KeyboardDemon

It used to be that 4 sticks of ram would limit memory performance and end up slowing down your PC, but on more modern PCs it might help boost the performance according to this video and depending on the game.

KeyboardDemon

heres nvidia performance settings,i might stick with this one cause the fps im ok with and graphics are great its kind of middle of the road, if i do the big fps i set in game settins myself but graphics arent quite as impressive.
Yes, that looks amazing, or at least as good as it can on YouTube lol.

In your highest performance videos, you were getting around 150-160 fps depending on the map with a few drop below 140 fps, now you have a much smaller spread between 100-115 fps, so it is far more consistent.

Have you noticed an improvement in terms of input speed or should a say a reduction in input latency from when you were using a TV yet?

You should be saying a faster response in terms of time from mouse click to shooting a round/burst when you are already aiming down sight.

I've said this before, you would get a lot of running thorough tests on your PC, use a spreadsheet to track results making 1 change at a time, it's a great learning exercise.

Geforce Experience CODMW settings.jpg

I have noticed that this game seems to change my settings on every update, 1 day I'll check and find they are set to 2560x1440 and the next they're at 1920x1080, so keep an eye on that too, though that might be down to my PC being kind of borderline in terms of meeting specification requirements.

I would note my current settings and then high and low fps points and the average score too, then make 1 change and note the fps scores again, go through every change possible for that setting, then go back to the original settings, check it matches your original results and rinse and repeat for the next setting.

Knowing and understanding this will help you optimise your settings, Geforce Experience is a good tool but its results are based on a database of results and Bayesian logic that infers the best settings from that database, it's a good machine learning trick, but nothing beats getting to know your PC for yourself.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im finding that the render resolution affects fps quiet abit doent matter what settings im working with high mid or low the render res is making significant difference,im pretty set on going with nvidia performance setting and leving it alone,im sure ill play with it every now and then.

KeyboardDemon

im finding that the render resolution affects fps quiet abit doent matter what settings im working with high mid or low the render res is making significant difference,im pretty set on going with nvidia performance setting and leving it alone,im sure ill play with it every now and then.
This is about setting up your scaling for rendering your graphics, 100% means that the image rendered by your GPU is the image that gets rendered on your screen, but you could render at 4k and the downscale to 1080p which would give you a sharper image but that extra rendering work before downscaling will have a negative impact on your image quality. Rendering at 720p and upscaling to 1080p would mean that your graphics card works faster but it will come at the cost of the image quality when a 720p image is upscaled to 1080p.

This is how Geforce Experience explains it:
Render Resolution.jpg

Like CODForums!

Advertisements