• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

new rig up aand running

freakdaddy64

Recruit
half life assortment, cs source and cz which i hope the server gets going. used to race nascar online now that is intense gaming. madden football. i hear ya about health im 55 two stents,so i quit smoking on new years eve and joined anytime fitness and started working again,worked out for 5 years in my mid 20,s time to get back in shape as i get older.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I hear you, but I think you mean Half Life 3, a trilogy has 3 parts, we are missing a part, my life feels incomplete!
Nope, I meant Half Life 2. Awesome experience. Half Life 3 ain't going to happen in this lifetime. We've been waiting for 10 years, and all we got was.... Half Life Alyx. WTF.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Did you update your BIOS to the latest version on your motherboard?

Msi B450 Tomahawk Max BIOS update 3.70.jpg

What is AMD Agesa combo?

AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture (AGESA), is a procedure library developed by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), used to perform the Platform Initialization (PI) on mainboards using their AMD64 architecture.

-------------------------------------------------
B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) V3.7 BIOS Release
-------------------------------------------------

1. This is AMI BIOS release

2. This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4PI 1.0.0.6

3. 2020/6/15

I haven't done this yet, but it was released about 2 weeks ago. I will do this later today.

KeyboardDemon

There are those that say not to update the BIOS unless it fixes an issue that you're currently dealing with, while others say your BIOS should always be kept up to date.

These BIOS updates come directly from AMD and this latest update should help in a number of areas including overclocking. Overclocking is a topic that a lot of Anandtech readers would have as a main priority but don't forget that your chipset is designed to boost the speed of your CPU when software demands it, the update should also improve how that works.

I'm helping the kids with their home schooling, but hopefully I'll get time to see what update 1.0.0.7 has over the previous update, I haven't found anything helpful yet, just a video of some guy updating to the beta version.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I can't work out why there apparently no release notes for the last BIOS upgrade, it's really frustrating.

KeyboardDemon

i guess you have checked the msi website
Yes, that's where I first spotted that there was a firmware update in the first place.

I was planning on installing it today but then ended up trying a few things out on Cod, running it with and without G-Sync and with and without RTX on. Frame rates were peaking around 230 fps, but were mostly around 170-190 fps.

I am starting to think that frame rates in this game are somewhat software limited, as the performance from my 2070 Super is about the same as the performance from your 2060 Super, which is not what I was expecting,

I need to try it with another game but will wait till I have installed a game drive into the PC first, I might test it with GTA V as I still haven't played that yet.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i dont see a difference with ray tracing i do know with it on the frame rates go way up, and since i change the settings in the nvidia control panel to match the video you posted my graphics are insane and fps is looking good, my tweaking is over im happy with it. when the new cards release if there is a decent price drop i may use step up program with evga and send my 2060 back and get the 2080 ti.

KeyboardDemon

You do know that there are only have 90-days from date of purchase to use step-up program and upgrade your graphics card, right?

The level of ray tracing quality is down to how well the developers have implemented the feature, Battlefield 5 was supposed to be a flagship ray-tracing game, check on YouTube for BF5 with and without RTX to see what you think of that.

KeyboardDemon

I have been tinkering with my RGB colours, it was a serious clash of rainbow puke before, now I think the colour scheme is more in line with my theme, it's not 100% what I was after, but I am pleased with how it has turned out.

Green Eyes Red Dragon 04.jpgGreen Eyes Red Dragon 03.jpgGreen Eyes Red Dragon 02.jpgGreen Eyes Red Dragon 01.jpg

freakdaddy64

Recruit
yes thats real nice kinda wish i would have done the rgb memory and i like the case where you can see fans from front.the amd cooler looks great too.

KeyboardDemon

I can't tell if there is a big improvement without going back to revisit older videos, but what I see looks great.

I think there have been some undocumented changes in the graphics engine as the game is running better on my PC, I have hitting over 240fps and usually find the game runs at well over 180fps when in season 4 I was sometimes struggling to reach 180 at 1440p.

KeyboardDemon

That's quite a leap in performance, your colours look quite saturated in this, I was looking at how the blue for teammates is much darker than I am used to seeing on my own screen, have you pushed your colour settings up?

freakdaddy64

Recruit
no my monitor refreshes at 144 and in game settings i have it at 144,the only thing i,m doing different is running render resolution at 1920 by 1080 and game resolution at 1920 by 1080.I think the fps is better on the smaller maps like rust and the one with all the containers. as far as color i,ve always had great colors and i have my monitor in gaming mode which makes screen bright and colorful.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements