• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone New to PC gaming.... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all!!

I’ve switched to a gaming PC from PS4 Pro, and I’ll not getting the performance I had hoped with the equipment I have.

I was expecting to be able to hit 140+ FPS at 1080P 144hz

I do get that at low settings... about 120-130 with “normal” settings and if I tick everything to high with ray tracing off I get 100-110.

What am I doing wrong??

My rig....

Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB GSKILL Trident RAM
M2 SSD
Gigabyte Aororus Pro WiFi (mini atx)
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Corsair CX750 PSU

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
First things first, welcome to CoD: Forums, it's good to have you with us.

Secondly, OMG, what an awesome PC you have there, that's a big step up from a PS4 Pro, it's like a PC Pro, I hope you have lots of fun on that beast.

I can see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get at least 160fps, maybe even 180fps at Ultra settings at 1080p with RTX disabled, but if you haven't turned that off your frames will drop massively, so check you have that turned off.

I am a real specs maniac, it would make my day if you could add your build to my collection along with some pictures, just here.

Lastly, there are some really good videos on getting your GPU set up to deliver the best performance on YouTube, but you can make life easier for you by simply installing GeForce Experience and getting that to automate the process for you.

HTH

Happy gaming.

Thanks for the reply!

I do have RTX turned off.... when I allow GeForce experience to optimize settings, it does turn RTX.

Running with those settings but RTX turned off looks great but runs at 100-110 frames .

I did buy the PC off of a guy... included the parts I listed but came with an RTX 2060.

I gave that to a friend and picked up the 2080 Super.

I just reinstalled Win 10 from scratch and am currently reinstalling Warzone... see if that helps.

5310E484-6B12-43D7-BDE5-5C5BA681199D.jpeg

KeyboardDemon

That's a nice looking build. Neat cable management too.

In GeForce Experience, if you go to the home page, the click details for Call of Duty:Modern Warfare/Warzone you should see a wrench symbol, when you click on that wrench it brings up a Custom Settings menu, slide the green ball over to the left on the performance side, then it should leave RTX off as it knows you want max fps.

Geforce Experience CODMW Custom Performance slider.jpg

why why why, you have a RTX 2080 and going to run graphics on performance? why even have that kind of Video card to play on crap settings. I have all my settings full blast and with RTX on and get 100 fps. Anything over 33+ is just eye candy. Yes smoothness, is good even at 60 fps for Pc's. No I wouldn't want to play with 33 fps. . No reason to pay that much for a card/PC and run on shit settings. That's just me.

I completely agree!!
I’m coming from a PS4 Pro on an OLED, so it looked fantastic.

I am able to have everything on full blast get 100+ frames.

Is it just in my head that my frames need to be 140+? Is there a big competitive advantage that I’m missing out on with those 30 FPS?

KeyboardDemon

why why why, you have a RTX 2080 and going to run graphics on performance? why even have that kind of Video card to play on crap settings. I have all my settings full blast and with RTX on and get 100 fps. Anything over 33+ is just eye candy. Yes smoothness, is good even at 60 fps for Pc's. No I wouldn't want to play with 33 fps. . No reason to pay that much for a card/PC and run on shit settings. That's just me.
I agree with you in part, but also have a different point of view.

I prefer max performance because I find the quality eye candy to be too distracting in multiplayer when all I want to see is my opponents, and where possible I want to see them before they see me. In single player on the other hand, I don't mind dropping my frames down to 60, just so long as the world I play in looks amazing and I can take my time to explore it, like in Assassin's creed games for example.

I went with the parts I have because I assumed it would enable me to run Warzone with the same or better graphical level as my PS4, but with a wider FOV and the benefits of higher frames.

I thought the build I have would be capable of doing that at 1080P 144hz
Instead I have PS3 graphics to achieve the performance level I am looking for LOL

I went with the parts I have because I assumed it would enable me to run Warzone with the same or better graphical level as my PS4, but with a wider FOV and the benefits of higher frames.

Instead I have PS3 graphics to achieve the performance level I am looking for LOL
As I have said before, IF I was making money to win ETC or playing for money, Yes I would put my stuff lower to see people better persay. But I'm not spending the money I do on my equipment to play on lower settings.. That's just me again lol.

KeyboardDemon

The CPU and GPU you have are both very close to the top of their relative product stacks, it doesn't get much better than what you have got there.

It's not clear whether you have a B450, X570 or B550 chipset in your motherboard, but I don't think it would make any noticeable difference to the performance you're getting now if you were to run the same config on any of the other motherboard chipsets, at least not until the new Zen 3 CPUs and the next GPUs from both the Red and Green teams hit the shelves.

Max settings at 100+ fps means you're beating the PS4 so you're doing well there, it is possible that you might be able to achieve a bit more by making sure you have enabled XMP for your RAM in your BIOS and have the latest AMD chipset drivers on your motherboard. The AMD chipset drivers will make sure that windows uses AMD's process queueing in order to maximise performance from that chipset and CPU.

In theory you should be able to get results like these:

RTX2080S +R7 3700X CoD 2019 Benchmarks.jpg

Keep in mind that GPU Check themselves don't run the game, they get their results based on a prediction model and not on taking the CPU+GPU combination and testing then recording results, this is how they describe it:

We have sophisticated algorithms that have been carefully designed to produce 90% accurate estimates of gaming performance based on analyzing over 70,000 benchmark tests. Our benchmark results are measured against the user preferred gaming resolution and game quality settings. Whereas other benchmark sites always measure at ultra quality, we provide 4 quality settings - ultra, high, medium, low - to help you discover the hidden value of your graphics card at different settings.

I don't think you will get to the 180+ fps at Ultra predicted by GPU Check, but I do think we can find a way to get closer to the 140fps, but first we need to start with your motherboard chipset, if you can find out what you have, go to the AMD support pages and download the latest drivers.

If you don't know what chipset you're using, download CPU-Z, install that and look at the mainboard page, which should look something like this, also while you're in CPU-Z you can also check you memory speed to see if your XMP timings are set correctly:

CPU-Z Mainboard.jpg

Download and install drivers for your chipset and CPU, also do the same for you GPU from the nVidia's website, the latest version at the time of posting this message is 452.06 Release Date: 08/17/2020.

The CPU and GPU you have are both very close to the top of their relative product stacks, it doesn't get much better than what you have got there.

It's not clear whether you have a B450, X570 or B550 chipset in your motherboard, but I don't think it would make any noticeable difference to the performance you're getting now if you were to run the same config on any of the other motherboard chipsets, at least not until the new Zen 3 CPUs and the next GPUs from both the Red and Green teams hit the shelves.

Max settings at 100+ fps means you're beating the PS4 so you're doing well there, it is possible that you might be able to achieve a bit more by making sure you have enabled XMP for your RAM in your BIOS and have the latest AMD chipset drivers on your motherboard. The AMD chipset drivers will make sure that windows uses AMD's process queueing in order to maximise performance from that chipset and CPU.

In theory you should be able to get results like these:

View attachment 1263

Keep in mind that GPU Check themselves don't run the game, they get their results based on a prediction model and not on taking the CPU+GPU combination and testing then recording results, this is how they describe it:

I don't think you will get to the 180+ fps at Ultra predicted by GPU Check, but I do think we can find a way to get closer to the 140fps, but first we need to start with your motherboard chipset, if you can find out what you have, go to the AMD support pages and download the latest drivers.

If you don't know what chipset you're using, download CPU-Z, install that and look at the mainboard page, which should look something like this, also while you're in CPU-Z you can also check you memory speed to see if your XMP timings are set correctly:

View attachment 1265

Download and install drivers for your chipset and CPU, also do the same for you GPU from the nVidia's website, the latest version at the time of posting this message is 452.06 Release Date: 08/17/2020.
Many thanks for the reply!

Chipset is B450.... I’ve installed latest from Gigabyte.
NOTE: Have not tried the game since installing as work beat me down today.

I am and have been using the latest nVidia game ready driver.

Last night while gaming I dialed down FOV to 80 (from 100) and was hitting a stable 144 frames with everything set to highest except for ray tracing which was disabled. I will be staying at 100 though, don’t think I’d want to go smaller.

Is there benchmarks I could/should run to see if any of the components are defective or just underperforming?

my cooling is good I feel....AIO for the CPU with 280mm radiator, 2 140 intake fans and 3 120 exhaust

GPU temp doesn’t go above 60° C when gaming.

Checking on the RAM... I ran CPU-Z and it showed Memory frequency of 106MHz

I went into BIOS and XMP was disabled.... after enabling RAM shows 1796 MHz

GSKILL Trident RAM is listed as 3200, and Gigabyte motherboard lists 3200 compatible

BIOS shows MHz of 3600

GSKILL Trident RAM is listed as 3200, and Gigabyte motherboard lists 3200 compatible

BIOS shows MHz of 3600
I’m guessing the listed numbers should be doubled as it’s dual mode, so those numbers seem like they are good to me

KeyboardDemon

Many thanks for the reply!

Chipset is B450.... I’ve installed latest from Gigabyte.
NOTE: Have not tried the game since installing as work beat me down today.

I am and have been using the latest nVidia game ready driver.

Last night while gaming I dialed down FOV to 80 (from 100) and was hitting a stable 144 frames with everything set to highest except for ray tracing which was disabled. I will be staying at 100 though, don’t think I’d want to go smaller.

Is there benchmarks I could/should run to see if any of the components are defective or just underperforming?

my cooling is good I feel....AIO for the CPU with 280mm radiator, 2 140 intake fans and 3 120 exhaust

GPU temp doesn’t go above 60° C when gaming.
Cool, use the Gigabyte website to download all of the Gigabyte specific software, but keep in mind that it's AMD that makes the CPU and Chipset in your motherboard, when it comes to drivers for those parts you should always get them from the AMD website as motherboard manufacturers don't always have the latest version.

It might also be worth Installing Ryzen master from the AMD website to get easy access to the most essential features and telemetry, this is the tool to have for tweaking and overcloking your CPU if you decide to do it manually.

Check your Power Management settings, I run my PC on Power Saving mode which keeps my processor speed at 2.2ghz, I usually forget to change this to the AMD Ryzen High Performance plan, but doing so will let me processor run at or close to its maximum boost speed of 4.3Ghz (where thermal limits permit, I can usually get to 4175mhz at around 75c, so I don't think I am being limited by thermals). Running on AMD Ryzen High Performance should give you better performance than running on Ultimate Performance Power Plan as this setting will make sure you're getting the veryt best performance that your AMD CPU can deliver.

Clean your PC with CCleaner but only download this from the official website, this will declutter your system and clear out redundant entries from your registry to help keep your PC running as fast as possible.

Hopefully a combination of these things will ensure you're getting the best performance you can get.

BIOS shows MHz of 3600

I’m guessing the listed numbers should be doubled as it’s dual mode, so those numbers seem like they are good to me
Yes, but not because it is in dual channel mode, numbers are doubled because it is dual data rate, 1 bit on the rise of the cycle, 1 bit on the fall, so effective speed for RAM running at 1796mhz is 3592mhz or 3.6ghz.

KeyboardDemon

I've been thinking about how I said I prefer maximum performance, my 8-year PC has for the last few years started to struggle to perform at max settings so I've got used to dropping the quality in order to get the highest possible frame rates, to the point where I even justify with the hardware that I have now.

I tried it on high everything, except RTS, I'm still not keen on how that can make enemies harder to spot when the light is in the wrong direction, but wow... I think I have just revised my point of view on that, so thanks for the prompt to try it. Will be playing on high quality from now on, but need to test with my PC on the Ryzen Performance power plan instead of Power Saver so I can get those extra frames and hit over 100. :cool:

I've been thinking about how I said I prefer maximum performance, my 8-year PC has for the last few years started to struggle to perform at max settings so I've got used to dropping the quality in order to get the highest possible frame rates, to the point where I even justify with the hardware that I have now.

I tried it on high everything, except RTS, I'm still not keen on how that can make enemies harder to spot when the light is in the wrong direction, but wow... I think I have just revised my point of view on that, so thanks for the prompt to try it. Will be playing on high quality from now on, but need to test with my PC on the Ryzen Performance power plan instead of Power Saver so I can get those extra frames and hit over 100. :cool:
View: https://www.facebook.com/ebaumsworldgaming/photos/a.285621978508555/868508576886556/
lol

KeyboardDemon

I'm getting 90-110fps at 2560x1440, 100% render resolution, and my GeForce Experience slider set to max quality with power setting on Ryzen High Performance, I will test later with the slider at the optimal setting to see how that works out, but I am sure moving my power plan has had a bigger impact than I previously thought it would have. You can see how things look in this short clip below.

@Jerseywizkid have you checked what your GeForce Experience settings are set to? Are you using GeForce Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements