• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

One New Thing In MW4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
If you could see one thing in MW4 that none of the other Call of Duty games have had, what would it be?

I would personally like to see an option where you can choose if you join games that are already going on, or join a lobby where it won't start until all people are in. I absolutely hate when I join a game that is almost over....it's either only a short time until the game ends, or the team I join that has room or me is getting spanked. I would rather wait a few minutes for a full lobby to begin. What about you guys?

BTCGuru81

Recruit
I would LOVE to see your idea! I would also like to see penalties for quitting mid game. Though I think that will be the last thing I'll ever see in Call of Duty, it would be nice if all these rage quitters who constantly interrupt play sessions and cause trouble with migrations had some impetus to man up. It would also help keep losing teams in through the entirety of the game. Nothing like sessions where you're winning but you don't really get to complete a genuine session because everyone quits.

jamerson

Recruit
If you could see one thing in MW4 that none of the other Call of Duty games have had, what would it be?

I would personally like to see an option where you can choose if you join games that are already going on, or join a lobby where it won't start until all people are in. I absolutely hate when I join a game that is almost over....it's either only a short time until the game ends, or the team I join that has room or me is getting spanked. I would rather wait a few minutes for a full lobby to begin. What about you guys?
I also hate joining games that are almost over especially when you've joined the losing team. I would also like to see an option that allows the host to choose whether or not they want the room to be filled before starting the game because sometimes it feels like your playing by yourself because of the limited players in the match.

samb222

Recruit
I love the option that you suggested, that's one thing that really got on my nerves... Ruining my Win/Loss ratio because I'd join right at the end of a match on a rubbish team..

One thing I'd like to see that hasn't been done before is a sort of "Custom Map" system.. It would have to be regulated, of course, but I'd like to see a map creator like in other games.

I agree a lot with you, I always hate it when I join a game that is about 5 seconds from finishing. I'd like to see map creation (of course, only for private matches). I just think it would be cool for CoD.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
The thing is, virtually all of the in-progress lobbies that have open spots, do because one team is losing. You're VERY likely to be on a losing side if you enter a game in progress. This is just poor planning and completely skews the data on your Win/Loss ratios. The stat is virtually useless since you're going to be joining in progress games about half the time.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
Another possibility is in the load out, I'd like to see a bullet types option. Maybe after the war the Geneva convention went to hell as new world powers rose to prominence and things like exploding rounds etc made it back into circulation. It would be an added layer of interest to be able to choose from bullets that rifle better and thus give a hair extra range or burst when impacting, reducing range but increasing stopping power, etc.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
Another possibility is in the load out, I'd like to see a bullet types option. Maybe after the war the Geneva convention went to hell as new world powers rose to prominence and things like exploding rounds etc made it back into circulation. It would be an added layer of interest to be able to choose from bullets that rifle better and thus give a hair extra range or burst when impacting, reducing range but increasing stopping power, etc.

That would definitely be interesting...sort of like a suppressor, except it enhances damage. I think the exploding rounds would be cool if when you got killed by them, what happens to your body is different, like you see blood pour out more...I don't know that may be too graphic but it's something to think about.

Also like the map customization idea...not sure how the CoD engines could handle that, but it definitely seems plausible given how many other games have this feature.

Khronic

Recruit
That would definitely be interesting...sort of like a suppressor, except it enhances damage. I think the exploding rounds would be cool if when you got killed by them, what happens to your body is different, like you see blood pour out more...I don't know that may be too graphic but it's something to think about.

Also like the map customization idea...not sure how the CoD engines could handle that, but it definitely seems plausible given how many other games have this feature.

Possibly introduce depleted uranium bullets? They already exist but the only draw back to using it is it gives the user high doses of radiation.

One thing that I would like to see is less grenade type weaponry. Such as the grenades and secondary grenades in Black Ops II that become planted. I know it's counterable, but these things allow for people to camp with a clearer sense of mind. Or at least disable the popup that says "your device has been disabled" and such.

Arutea

Recruit
create your own maps! Like Forge for Halo! And include all the glitches from before because glitches are fun!

kamy

Recruit
So far I love all of your ideas but i would like different kind of mods to be developed for the game like to paintball mod for cod4 that was awesome so yeh basically custom maps and custom guns.

NathansWord

Recruit
I would love the use of small, light vehicles in the game. Such as the mongoose in the Halo franchise. (A small, motorbike like vehicle designed for single passenger transport) That and more customization and freedom in custom games.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
I would love the use of small, light vehicles in the game. Such as the mongoose in the Halo franchise. (A small, motorbike like vehicle designed for single passenger transport) That and more customization and freedom in custom games.

Interesting, but to be honest, I can't see that happening. The maps are somewhat smaller (at least compared to Halo maps) and I don't think smaller vehicles that could be used in multiplayer would keep the close-combat we are used to. But hey, it's something new and always interesting to think about.

GoodGorilla

Recruit
I wan't GunGame, Sharpshooter and One in the chamber in the public game list. Those gamemodes are really fun and it would be awesome if they make it so you can play them in a public lobby. The wager matches in black ops were awesome, but I didn't like the fact that they were pushed aside and made into wager matches. If you could play them normaly, like you do team deathmatch, free for all etc. that would be awesome. Also they could make it so the first 3 places get extra XP.

SkinTight

Recruit
Hopefully this time they will have a lot of multiplayer modes including free for all.

I hate when they make new versions and never put the best modes in the game.

Something like vehicles would be amazing, something like dirt bikes (like in BF3 End Game) would make the series so much better. I honestly have no idea why CoD hasn't done that yet, but, I guess it's because the maps are too small.

Monteti

Recruit
Know what I would love to see?

Decent maps.

All seriousness aside, I want to see something relatively revolutionary, no more of this refurbished and reintroduced crap where we've all seen it before. Also, a spawn system that actually WORKS would be preferred, not one where I can literally pinpoint exactly where the enemy team is going to be spawning.

Or maybe this is all just a shot in the dark and it'll never happen.

Yeah, probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements