• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC or Mac?

TheViper

Recruit
This has always been a big debate for most consumers. They each have their pros and cons that make them unique.

Do you prefer the PC or Mac?

rossonomous

Recruit
Well as I'm a PC gamer, this is an easy decision. PC's are much better off for gaming in almost every way. I also do a lot of machine building, and PC's are much better in the sense of upgrade work.

I do have a Macbook air but I just use this for it's speed and portability.

Thrix

Recruit
PC. The only advantage Mac has over PC is the design. PC has everything else, better platforms, performances, prices etc.
You can get like two decent PCs for a price of a medium-range Mac lol.

Fuey500

Recruit
I would have to say PC, Mac's just feel expensive for what a cheap PC can do. I would rather pay less for a good PC than pay a lot for a ok Mac.I have used both and since I've grown up with PC essentially I like it a lot better.

eagle22

Recruit
I used to have a PC, then I switched over to a Mac, and within one year I switched back to a PC and won't ever go back. Macs are WAY to limited with what you can do.

BonnieGale

Recruit
I have used a PC since they started to make them. I also started with one of the first Apple computers. I can remember when you couldn't go much higher than 64K on a PC hard drive. I got my first MAC, an iMac in 2010, and I love it. I would never use Windows anymore if my proprietary book selling software would run on my iMac OS.

That being said, I just bought a used Windows 7 laptop to replace my XP laptop because I have to have a laptop while I am recuperating from surgery next month. I won't be able to get into my upstairs bedroom where I keep my Mac. I tried out Windows 8 in the store and couldn't stand it.

I use my computer mostly for writing and working with images and videos. I don't do any gaming. The Mac is great for what I need to do.

3Quency

Recruit
Can't beat a gaming laptop, all the power of a typical gaming PC but mobile as I spend a lot of time on the train. I can run most games on it perfectly fine on high graphics.

starfox64

Recruit
It's always been PC for me, but I understand the allure of the Mac. It is pretty flashy and seems like a great system for someone willing to learn a bit. However, the PC includes so many differing brands and capabilities, that the Mac really doesn't even have a chance to compete against the PCs in general.

I definitely prefer PC. PC always operated well for me, and i never ran into any problems. Everyone in my family owns PC as well, so i am inclined to it. I do not have anything against Mac i just prefer PC.

tony05

Recruit
I only use PC for gaming, the thing I don't like about PC's are their short life's, PC's can have hangups sometimes and thats annoyin because you have to restart it, but concluding I use the mac for everything else

AndreiFL

Recruit
Mac is too expensive for what it offers. I know the story : 'Macs aren't for gamers, but they offer great features blah blah blah'. It doesn't matter! Gaming PCs achieve better performances at everything, including editing and games!

chasedood

Recruit
When I first started using computers then it was PC. Now I all the way for Mac. Mac is just so much better in a variety of different ways. The biggest reason I use a Mac is because there is a whole lot less issues with it. Running windows it is very rare to be on the computer for 30 minutes and not have something mess up or crash.

hamz10

Recruit
I use PC over mac every time. Mac's are overrated and too expensive, your pc is probably crashing because of all the bloatware that you have. If a mac breaks you have to pay so much to fix or replace it because the way that they are structured. Overall PC's are more versatile and better value for your money.

Codmaster

Recruit
PC 100%. Macs are just expensive, I feel like i'm being ripped off if you take a look at their configurations. You can get a similar configuration for far less money. Also it just sucks to game on a Mac.

PC. Especially because you can install OS X on a PC using either a Virtual Machine or Dual-booting it with Windows, so you can get the best of both worlds. There's just no reason to buy a mac anymore, as their "flawless" OS can be installed on any PC, not just macs. And that's without saying that most games are only on Windows.

yohNoce

Recruit
I use a mac mostly for audio recordings. I have fairly new mac computer so it can handle all the processing power it needs from Pro Tools and Logic. I havent looked back on my decision since.

I havent touched a PC in so long...i know she misses me.

maxprime94

Recruit
I honestly prefer PC. I do completely understand why some people prefer Mac though. For the reasons that I use a computer, which is gaming, I definitely prefer it over Mac because it's much more easier to work with. I also have realized that most of the games many people play are only available for PC users so I don't think any gamer should purchase other wise. On the other hand if all you're trying to do is some college essays or some Facebook scrolling then maybe a Mac is the way to go!

72gold72

Recruit
PC is so much better! MAC's are overpriced for what they can do. Yes they may be fast at something and may be small but for that price I could easily build a PC that could out perform the MAC. I think the reason people like MAC's and Iphone's is because their friends have it so they want it too.

PC master race!

tytryi

Recruit
I just prefer the PC because that's what I'm used to. I had to use a Mac while working on a video project at school one time, and it was quite an awful experience. So many things felt out of place. The common keyboard shortcuts, the exit icon location - I mean, why bother changing if you're already used to something that's perfectly fine, right?

I've heard that Macs don't really get viruses though, which is actually pretty nice, but I would consider that as a myth and not really consider it as a valid reason.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements