• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Please Help, game performance issues pc Battle.net

PopeFT

Recruit
So my game continues to run terribly even after upgrading my entire system and multiple reinstalls, driver updates, and game updates. Every time I launch the game, the backgrounds in the menus start to flicker, my discord will freeze entirely, same for my game, and if my game doesn't crash it freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute and I have a ryzen 5 3600, 32 GB, 4x8, of ripjaw 3800, msi rtx 3050, outputting to a 1440p monitor through dp, and I have the game downloaded onto my 1 TB SSD. Although I'm in 1440p, it did this same thing before upgrading any of my build or swapping out my monitors. if anyone has any help or ideas, all of my games kinda run terribly on battle.net, but call of duty black ops cold war and mw2 have been giving me issues since their releases, they just continue to get worse. Any help is appreciated.

Btw I forgot to say but my settings are all mostly around medium, only using 4GB of my vram, and the only other applications I usually have open outside of cod are Spotify, discord, or the Xbox app so I know its not an issue with my graphics settings

freakdaddy64

Recruit
back that ram up to 3200mhz and see what happens.

try 2 sticks of ram instead of 4 that 3600 might not like 4 sticks.im just taken shots here no expert.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i dont see your motherboard info,i will suggest this if you have not tried it yet, i used to run a msi b450 tomahawk with a r5 3600 with 2 8 gig stivks of ram at 3200. with no issues. depending on your motherboard specs i would go down to 2 sticks of ram and set at 3200 mhz. if that helps add the other 2 sticks. and i was using a rtx 2060ko gpu. if still acts up atleast you know its not a ram issue.

Make sure that DirectX and .NET Framework and the Visual C ++ Redistributables are up to date.

Power supply may not be strong enough and do you have all the power cables plugged into all the connectors on your video card. Most video cards require 3 power cables to be plugged in. Also, those power cables should be direct from the power supply and not be used for anything else.

Do you have a buddy who has a similar video card who might allow you to try a different card in your system to rule out your video card being glitchy?

Like CODForums!

Advertisements