• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Problems with cheaters in multiplayer mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusen

Recruit
How bad is it for you? I had a lot of encounters with cheaters while playing multiplayer modes and I have to say it gets to me after a while.

Friends told me that getting the DLCs will get rid of some of the cheaters. Is that true?

To me it feels like I should just get used to it and exit the game when I see one because obviously the devs aren't going to do anything about it soon. I don't feel buying the DLCs to get rid of *part of the cheaters* would be a worthwhile investment for me.

RetJoSek

Recruit
What format are you playing on? XBL? PSN? PC? I've been playing this on the PC and although I have had some trouble with it, generally they get banned in a few seconds and that's that. I have played it at my exes house a few times on the xbox and we did have a problem with cheaters, people with godmode on and stuff. An update came and I thought it had stopped, but she told me about a week after the pdate there were cheaters again. It is possible that with the DLC there may be some new anti cheat thing? But in my experience I've found that hackers can hack most things. (Then upload the hack online so anyone can cheat)

Melvin

Recruit
Yeah, most cheaters get banned in a few minutes. I usually play with friends, so i don't encounter this often, but when I do a simple report does the trick. I don't think DLC's prevent them from cheating since it won't be fair for players w/o them. Not 100% sure if that's the case, but definitely, if you have the cash, get the DLC's. PLaying the old maps gets boring after some time, and its good to change stuff around.

kamy

Recruit
I have never came across a cheater on mw3 although it does depend on what console or platform you are on I play on Xbox and there's no cheaters. Also playing on dlc maybe would stop as much cheaters but there will be some that have the dlc.

illusen

Recruit
I played on the PC version (haven't played in quite a bit, I might reinstall tonight and take a look at how things are going on the cheater issue) and in my experience they would eventually be banned but I really wouldn't say it was in a matter of seconds. My ex played the XBOX version and said there were also cheaters there. (I can't vouch for what he said, he might have just been saying that to keep me from going to his place to play on his XBOX since I was ranting so much about my PC version!)

I know every game has cheaters and it's impossible to get rid of all of them, some people will always try to gain the upper hand and do whatever it takes in order to be better or have "more fun" than anyone else at the expense of others. It's just that in my opinion, a patch coming out is supposed to achieve more than "one week without cheats".

AndrewC

Recruit
Like other have said it all comes to if you're using console of pc, I played the Xbox version of it and I can't say I never found any cheaters, I probably came across two the while time I played but that's about it, I guess it's one of the pros of console gaming, not that many cheaters around.

Halbit22

Recruit
I play on PC and yes I have had many problems with cheaters. It really sucks because I want to play the game like it was meant to be played so badly but some individuals just have to ruin it for others. O well, nothing we can do besides reporting them or joining them. :\

Alexisdv20

Recruit
If you play any Call of duty games on the PC you will no matter what encounter cheaters... That is one of the reason I am now playing on the xbox 360 since won't see those cheater/hacker on consoles!!

Becco

Recruit
I like many of you play on PC as well and I have to admit it is really frustrating to have a cheater interrupt a game, specially when it's one of those REALLY good games and a cheater happens to join in the middle of it and ruins it for everyone. As weird as this sound lately I've been trying to play on fan servers with actual admins watching for cheaters and you rarely ever get one.

bradman1313

Recruit
Cheaters/ hackers generally have a much easier time on PC then consoles, because they have to do little to nothing to get a hack. It's basically pay to win. On console, the odds of you bricking your console, getting your Live account banned, etc., is usually an effective enough deterrent.

visto

Recruit
Yeah, I don't know how much DLCs are going to do, or even how much they're capable of doing.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
How bad is it for you? I had a lot of encounters with cheaters while playing multiplayer modes and I have to say it gets to me after a while.

Friends told me that getting the DLCs will get rid of some of the cheaters. Is that true?

To me it feels like I should just get used to it and exit the game when I see one because obviously the devs aren't going to do anything about it soon. I don't feel buying the DLCs to get rid of *part of the cheaters* would be a worthwhile investment for me.
I have played almost exclusively on the PS3. I haven't had much trouble with outright hacks in MW3. MW2, on the other hand, used to be absolutely full of them. People would be flying outside the map and stuff. Even today, I often encounter it when I pop in the old title for a bit. But MW3 seems to be pretty good so far. That will probably change as the game ages and hackers find new ways to compromise PSN's security though. Seems to be a cycle.

apriapism

Recruit
I too ran into a lot of cheaters, the DLC did sort of get rid of the majority, but I still ended up encountering a few of them. It's just something I had to deal with.

thethirdeye

Recruit
Hackers on 360 get banned very quickly, therefore it's not really a problem. Plus, I've only ran into a few when I played the game. Hackers on the PC however, from my experiences, take longer to get banned, and the hacks they use are far worse than anything I have encountered on Xbox.

Even though I much prefer playing on the PC it's almost impossible these days because of cheaters and hackers, I've had to keep playing on my xbox only for that reason which I think is a shame because it's a much better experience on the PC. On xbox you hardly see hackers that's because first it's much harder to cheat or hack on the xbox than it is on the PC and the second reason is because Microsoft acts very quickly and these so called cheaters and hackers get banned very quickly but even if you run into them in a game they still annoy the hell out of you and completely ruin your enjoyment of the game.

chrislyons88

Recruit
I get called a cheater all the time, but it's never correct. I just rock my socks off on all maps and go hard. The PROTIP is to drink red bull. Then rock that controller like it ain't nothing. You ever heard your controller CRACK from gripping it too hard? ahaha that's what I do.

I almost got banned once, but then I told the mods that they are insane. Boom got my live back.

#winning

SkinTight

Recruit
I used to hate when guys would camp out for the entire game and some how still shoot me even while going in different directions.This is why when i played cod i always have a friend to play with just incase someone wants to camp out.

There's no way to get rid of cheaters unless you report all of them, I've been in lots of modded lobbies recently. I don't have a problem I think they're pretty fun to be honest, I know it ruins the game for others but it's still fun. But their will be some cheaters that have the DLC as well but it's rare you encounter a modded lobby on DLC servers as they're still monitored.

samb222

Recruit
I play on the PS3 occasionally and to be honest I've never encountered any cheaters at all.. I think I've gotten lucky as quite a few friends complain of hackers but I personally have never encountered any. Is it a big problem? And what platform is the biggest on? I'm assuming it's the Xbox because of Jtagging etc. but I'm not too sure.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
It gets worse on PS3 the farther back int he franchises history you go. I see them all the time in MW2 games today. But Sony is particularly aggressive with anti hacker initiatives and software updates. Annoying though they are, they keep our lobbies relatively well tended. THis is especially true after hackers compromised use information a few years ago. Sony should not have been caught with it's pants down but they at least learned from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements