• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PS4 "other" Data and Download

Couser

Recruit
I'm sorry but this is getting stupid. The latest patch asked for well over 100gb of free space and now is downloading 11gb? And my "other" space in the system storage went from 20gb to 130gb??? What the crap kind of coding is that??

Not to mention every update has been like this since it dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I'm sorry but this is getting stupid. The latest patch asked for well over 100gb of free space and now is downloading 11gb? And my "other" space in the system storage went from 20gb to 130gb??? What the crap kind of coding is that??

Not to mention every update has been like this since it dropped.
This update only requires 11GB, so what your system is saying is to make room for 11GB. The 100GB space the PS4 is saying you maxed out your harddrive. Don't just delete 11GB, make a little room. A wiggle room.

Couser

Recruit
200gb wasnt enough "wiggle room"...?

I only have a 500gb HDD. There is only 1 other game on this and its 76 gb...

Its getting extremely frustrating having to delete more and more that I shouldn't have to just for a tiny update.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I only have a 500gb HDD. There is only 1 other game on this and its 76 gb...
Hm. I too, have a 500GB HDD. I rotate games in and out of my hard drive. I just did it with MWR.

Check your "storage" in options. What does it say? I mean, what's eating so much of your HDD? Your hard drive thinks there's more in hard drive.

Couser

Recruit
Like I said, I shouldn't have to clear an entire Hard drive for something thats not even a tenth the its size... thats not reasonable.

And i know im coming off as a jerk. But this kind of behavior with updates has been going on since this game released. Virtually no other game I have ever played has required this much space for an update so small. Even other heavily MP based titles.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Like I said, I shouldn't have to clear an entire Hard drive for something thats not even a tenth the its size... thats not reasonable.
You don't have to, what I am saying is look in your storage and see if a chunk of your harddrive is making it harder for MW to continue installing.

Sony is trying to fix this with PS5, for now though this is how it is.

Couser

Recruit
I only have GTA and Call of Duty installed on here... I had to remove minecraft to get the install to run. Then theres only about 7 gb of other data....

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I only have GTA and Call of Duty installed on here... I had to remove minecraft to get the install to run. Then theres only about 7 gb of other data....
So delete other, and minecraft unless your child uses it. (Opps, you said you already deleted minecraft. )

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
you want me to have 300gb of free space for 11gb?
Yes. Because the game is going to "copy" files from your disc.

You gotta understand, your system is local "host" to MW. Stupid, I know. [You have the game, should be enough.]

Couser

Recruit
let me explain this better. I shouldn't have to "cycle out" games on my hard drive when there is more than enough room already on there for the updates. I shouldn't need over 100 gb of free space to have a 10 gb update installed. its not reasonable and feels manipulative of the company to force only their game be on a single hard drive. I should be able to have more than 3 games on a hard drive, especially ones that barely take up room on their own. I understand CoD is a huge game. but the thing thats pissing me off is that They ask for free space that is IN NO WAY reasonable for the size of the download.

Why would they do it that way

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
let me explain this better. I shouldn't have to "cycle out" games on my hard drive when there is more than enough room already on there for the updates. I shouldn't need over 100 gb of free space to have a 10 gb update installed. its not reasonable and feels manipulative of the company to force only their game be on a single hard drive. I should be able to have more than 3 games on a hard drive, especially ones that barely take up room on their own. I understand CoD is a huge game. but the thing thats pissing me off is that They ask for free space that is IN NO WAY reasonable for the size of the download.
I don't know what to tell you, then. I share your frustration, man.
Why would they do it that way
Fuck if I know!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
sorry, not trying to be an a**... im just getting tired of the constant reshuffling...
I know. I got frustrated with the last update before this Season Three update.

I download patch update, it downloads, and installs... BUT then ASKS us to fucking download Multiplayer Pack 2! Like, bro.. what are you doing?

You can hear my confusion here:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7olKutFjyl/?igshid=lgkyxx34ubge

Couser

Recruit
lol im glad im not the only one getting hit with this. is there a way we can share feedback directly with infinity ward on this? or is venting in the forums what were limited to

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
lol im glad im not the only one getting hit with this. is there a way we can share feedback directly with infinity ward on this? or is venting in the forums what were limited to

Couser

Recruit
i directed my question at them. hopefully something productive comes from it. doubtful, but heres to trying

tts42572

Recruit
Feeling the pain here. I had to delete every other game off my PS4 to run COD. It's annoying that it kept telling me not enough space to download a 11GB update when I had like 200GB free, I just gave up and deleted everything.

And I have that "other" issue in my storage also. Not sure what this is but it's taking up 100GB for me. I'm assuming it's system updates or something as it doesn't seem like anything that can be deleted.

Sure hope these PS5's have bigger hard drives as it's frustrating having your hard drive maxed out with like 1 game. It's frustrating.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements