• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Quickscoping in Advanced Warfare: Sledgehammer says no

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsDo

Recruit
Don't expect to be able to quickscope in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Sledgehammer has come out & stated that they've made some adjustments to keep the sniper rifle from being overpowered in that manner. Here's the official quote:

“Let me put it this way, sniper classes are not going to be overpowered relative to their peers,” he said. “The ability to master a sniper rifle and be great at it will be equal to the ability to master any other class.

“We’ve done some things to make sure snipers are not able to take advantage of their properties – for example, there are attachments based on weapon classes that are specific. The ability to quick-draw with an assault rifle is important, but you don’t want to have the ability to quick-draw with a sniper rifle because that lends itself to being a faster, quick-scope model.

“We spent a lot of time trying to focus on it so I think sniper class players will find that it’s a really rewarding experience, but it won’t be over-powered relative to their peers.”​

If they stick true to their word & they've removed quickscoping, then I have a feeling I'll be playing this game a lot more than usual, lol.

WhoIsDo

Recruit
I'll believe it when I see it. Infinity ward stated same thing for ghosts, and how did that work out?

Very true. However, it's great to see that they removed the ability to "quick draw" sniper rifles, which should reduce quickscoping.

Grim

Prestige
I don't think I've seen a more beautiful piece of information about advanced warfare. I really hope that they stay true to their words. Because if they do, Sledgehammer will become my new favorite company.

JamesGames

Prestige
Very true. However, it's great to see that they removed the ability to "quick draw" sniper rifles, which should reduce quickscoping.

... until the QS "community" cries wolf and it's patched into the game. Sadly they feel as if they deserve to have that ability.

My biggest question is will toughness be built into sniper rifles like it was in BO2?

Grim

Prestige
That's not a good thing.

This.

At the start, it was known for its campaign and revolutionary multiplayer, and once the "quick scoping" exploit was found out, it spread like wildfire and has plagued Call of Duty's MP ever since.

Hyper

Recruit
I know what you mean, quickscoping is very annoying but is has been fun but I agree, I am looking forward to a game with purely the skill of a proper gun, but I might go back to other cods to experience it once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements