• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

resolution and refresh rate

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
do you use nvida experience for your settings or use itr at all.
I used to, but have found some of the videos that cover best settings for performance have helped me squeeze a few more FPS out of games i play.

Auto settings with a few tweaks works well too.

freakdaddy64

Recruit

KeyboardDemon

Hardware Unboxed were unimpressed by this model, they have reviewed it, take a look at what they say and decide based on that.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
well the 144 hz would show 144, msi afterburner always shows up to 215 and goes up and down and from my understading anything over 144 i wouldnt see so with new 240 hz from my understanding is im seeing all the frames up to 240 and i have seen it go up to 240 and i will post some videos soon.i do see a slight improvement in reaction time and it is easier on my eyes and while playing the fact its a 24 does not even bother me.

KeyboardDemon

In your game settings you can turn on an fps counter that displays in the top left of the screen, and that overlay lets you pick various different aspects of your PCs performance, from rates to CPU + GPU render times.

Turn this on and capture with the render times for CPU and GPU showing like I have done in this video:
In the video you can see that my CPU and GPU render times are not always exactly matched but they are remarkably similar, and both are fluctuating between 5-6ms, if there was a bigger gap between the CPU and GPU render times, let's say that the GPU was rendering at 6ms and the CPU at 12ms, then it would indicate that the GPU is being held up by the CPU and vice versa.

I suspect that a Ryzen 5 3600 paired with an RTX 2080 Ti might be prone to being CPU bottlenecked at 1080p but not at higher resolutions as these would take longer for the GPU to process, but right now my theory is just theory, I don't have any real data to back this up.

KeyboardDemon

I just had a quick look at the video on my phone, as far as I can see both CPU and GPU were running single digit frame times, but I couldn't see what that read as on my phone.

I'm going out at the moment, I'll check on my PC later tonight.

There doesn't seem to be a way to increase the size of the readout, which sucks.

KeyboardDemon

Oh, so there is a small amount of CPU bottlenecking, in theory moving up to a Ryzen 7 5800 would increase your frame rates, but even if both CPU and GPU were running at the same frame render times, I don't think you would see a massive jump unless you dropped the settings to medium or low.

Check out these estimated results from GPU Check.