• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Spec Ops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetJoSek

Recruit
Hey guys, so I never really hear much about the coop mode spec ops. Did any of you play that much? In my opinion that's what I liked best about the game; me and my ex, friends or brother playing that all night is a really good memory to me, and although completing them all on veteran was hella difficult we did it and it was freaking awesome. Did anyone else finish it? Did you spend much time playing? Favourite missions?

thethirdeye

Recruit
I loved spec ops. In my opinion it was the best part of this game. Playing on veteran got really intense and it took a lot of teamwork. The last mission where you have to kill all the juggernauts, I think it was called "High Explosives", was my favorite spec ops mission.

RetJoSek

Recruit
I loved spec ops. In my opinion it was the best part of this game. Playing on veteran got really intense and it took a lot of teamwork. The last mission where you have to kill all the juggernauts, I think it was called "High Explosives", was my favorite spec ops mission.
I know right, without spec ops I would've found the game much less exciting. I do love multiplayer on this CoD but it can be a bit lacking and limited. But for me any splitscreen integration improves my perception of a game. For example one of my favourite games ever i Borderlands 2, simply because I must have played easily 100 hours with 6 different people.
But anyway my favourite is exactly the same, that mission was so difficult but so awesome. Did you do the tactic of running past them and holding up and having a battle at the end of the map?

BTCGuru81

Recruit
Hey guys, so I never really hear much about the coop mode spec ops. Did any of you play that much? In my opinion that's what I liked best about the game; me and my ex, friends or brother playing that all night is a really good memory to me, and although completing them all on veteran was hella difficult we did it and it was freaking awesome. Did anyone else finish it? Did you spend much time playing? Favourite missions?
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been a big fan of shooter coop modes ever since I first played Perfect Dark on N64. To be honest, I feel like it's a great untapped resource in the world of arcade shooters. Most multiplayer modes are about pitting you against players. A lot of creativity is waiting to be experienced with the idea of completing team objectives of more than even two people. And think about how that would improve the Deathmathc/domination etc style of multiplayer gaming! One of the worst things about online games is the everyone for themselves mentality.

nicudeemus

Recruit
I enjoyed it in coop but it felt like they were just trying to fill the gap left by zombies in WAW. Its good that they didn't just rip it off though, still felt original.

thethirdeye

Recruit
I know right, without spec ops I would've found the game much less exciting. I do love multiplayer on this CoD but it can be a bit lacking and limited. But for me any splitscreen integration improves my perception of a game. For example one of my favourite games ever i Borderlands 2, simply because I must have played easily 100 hours with 6 different people.
But anyway my favourite is exactly the same, that mission was so difficult but so awesome. Did you do the tactic of running past them and holding up and having a battle at the end of the map?

Basically what I did was, with a partner, we went to a building on the far left of the map. We basically camped there and let them come to us, staying in that general area. It took tons of tries but we finally got it on veteran. Spec Ops was the best part of the game by far. I loved the teamwork that needed to be involved, and the intense difficulty of some of the missions.

bradman1313

Recruit
Honestly, they should have just added Co-op to single player. I remember you could get to the whole Bloc map from CoD4 on the MW2 spec ops map Hidden. Basically meant the game devs got lazy and ported the map instead of redesigning one completely.

SkinTight

Recruit
I love survival mode in spec ops. It was awesome because me and my friend makes the perfect team. Mw3's survival spec ops mode is the best because they allow you to use killstreaks anytime. Making things more easier for yourself.

Khronic

Recruit
My friend and I split screen marathoned it the first two days it came out. We managed to beat them all on the hardest difficulty and it was a blast. Though trying to play it online was a pain most of the time. I think spec ops were designed to be played splitscreen or LAN, but it's a great time if you play it with a buddy.

thethirdeye

Recruit
Honestly, they should have just added Co-op to single player. I remember you could get to the whole Bloc map from CoD4 on the MW2 spec ops map Hidden. Basically meant the game devs got lazy and ported the map instead of redesigning one completely.

This. Playing the Campaign via Co-Op would have been a blast! But wouldn't there be some complications in the storyline? But I guess if one person played as the main character and the other as some other soldier...

GreenCamino

Recruit
Spec Ops is best when played with friends in my opinion and it's definitely fun. The first run through all of them is the best but they all have tremendous replay value. I remember one of them where you have to fight your way over a bridge through an onslaught of enemies and, well, I don't want to give any of the details away but it's extremely dramatic and feels like a scene straight out of a movie. You will feel the intensity and the drama as if you're watching a good movie but the only difference is that you're playing it. It's my favorite Spec Ops mission and I'm sure you'll love it as well. I've spent more time playing Spec Ops with friends than playing the actual compaign mode itself.

samb222

Recruit
I loved playing Spec Ops online with my best friend. After an intense multiplayer session it felt good to do something similar... But different.
I personally enjoyed some of the missions, and working with your friend just made the experience a hundred times better.

What was your favourite spec ops mission? I personally enjoyed Hidden.

apriapism

Recruit
I played it all the way through with my brother one time, we tried it on the hardest difficulty. Kept us entertained for a few hours soo that's good.

kamy

Recruit
Yes i love spec ops always after school i would play it with my brother on co-op. It was fun and i loved the mission where you get the snowmobile.

nicholiasiv

Recruit
I feel that spec ops was definitely the best part about Modern Warfare 2. I loved the Echo ops the best where you have to fight the Juggernaughts. They are incredibly challenging missions and really test your skill at first person shooters. My goal is still to get all the stars on the missions, but I have yet to reach it in one of the Echo ops.

jesolis

Recruit
Yeah man! I finished every special ops level on VETERAN. I have to be honest, this took a me a while to accomplish but I did it. Something that helped me tremendously was to watch other players play on Youtube. I was able to see their strategies and tricks to finish the levels on VETERAN mode. So, what do you guys think?

If I recall correctly, there were 69 stars. I believe I got to 67, missed two missions on Veteran. Those damn Juggernauts!
Yeah, it was a blast to play with a friend or the wife, or take turns with some more friends... the missions were brief enough to keep it dynamic and fun.
Modern Warfare 3 didn't do it as well, in my opinion, but I thought it was a great little addition to the game and hopefully we'll see it again down the line in some other game. Good stuff!

pwarbi

Recruit
I have to admit that I didn't manage to complete all the special ops, and while I did give it a good go, there was some that I simply couldn't do and my patience ran out in the end.

I know it's better for a game to be too difficult than too easy, so I'm ok with that...I guess! Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements