• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Test for you consolers

Angels of Death

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
If console players learned the pc and pc players learn the console, most people will say aim assist on console is hardly anything. I certainly don’t notice the difference when my console aim assist is on or off for this game. The people who learned both would say the advantages you can get on pc is better than console. It’s obvious they would think this. Pc users just think about all the advantages you do have. Also there is much better aim assist on other games!
See I don't agree with this either. I've seen several YT vids where guys demonstrate what the aim-assist looks like and how it works. It definitely works and you can tell when it's turned on. Your reticle definitely gets slowed down when it crosses a target. However it's not auto-aim and doesn't automatically keep you on target - you still have to physically move your joystick and aim. All it's doing is automatically lowering your sensitivity when you do get near/on target so that it's easier for you to be precise and stay on target.

ok. That's why its already being investigated. Had already been said by Warzone them self's. Np there isn't a problem with aim assist my bad
You said that it's already being investigated....did you mean by YouTubers?? lmao comon man. You said it's been "said by Warzone themselves", whoever "Warzone" is. I asked for credible evidence of IW/Activision/somebody who actually develops the game saying aim-assist is broken and they are working on a fix. I didn't ask for links of YTers making vids about how aim-assist works.

You said that it's already being investigated....did you mean by YouTubers?? lmao comon man. You said it's been "said by Warzone themselves", whoever "Warzone" is. I asked for credible evidence of IW/Activision/somebody who actually develops the game saying aim-assist is broken and they are working on a fix. I didn't ask for links of YTers making vids about how aim-assist works.
apparently you don't have twitter? Not to mention you haven't even told me how you did with out your aim assist on? I can see how you just scrolled through the vids, didn't even watch the whole thing. yes I seen this a couple weeks back in twitter, yes I'm trying to find it again don't you worry big boy. Don't get mad when it gets nerfed. I will find where they talked about it I assure you. then I will post it here. Videos I posted are CLEAR signs of it being strong, watch them don't skip HELLO.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
apparently you don't have twitter? Not to mention you haven't even told me how you did with out your aim assist on? I can see how you just scrolled through the vids, didn't even watch the whole thing. yes I seen this a couple weeks back in twitter, yes I'm trying to find it again don't you worry big boy. Don't get mad when it gets nerfed. I will find where they talked about it I assure you. then I will post it here. Videos I posted are CLEAR signs of it being strong, watch them don't skip HELLO.
I play on PC man. I fully admitted back on page 1 that I play on PC and I'm aware that using a mouse gives me a large advantage over a consoler. That's why I'm fine with aim-assist existing, because it levels the playing field which is necessary for crossplay. And I like crossplay because I can play with several friends who don't have PC.

Also - I watched that JGOD video the day he posted it, didn't need to watch it again. I'm fully aware of what the aim-assist looks like in this game. You said "Warzone" was looking into aim-assist, and I asked for confirmation of that. I'll wait while you find it.

I mean I'm not disagreeing that aim-assist helps - that's the point isn't it? To help level the playing field with crossplay? It's difficult to aim with a short joystick - as a PC player I am aware that I have a huge advantage in how quickly and accurately I can aim with a mouse. But I disagree that aim-assist puts PC players at a disadvantage to console players, which is what you seem to be indicating.
It was literally in my first reply to this thread.

It was literally in my first reply to this thread.
I keep getting you confuse with Dizzydemon. . Ok so in other words you like having the game help you AIM. You Not aiming but 80-90 %
of the time. the game is lying to you and your lying to your selfs thinking your all that, but you are playing in arcade mode while m/k is in Simulation. Got it. Im really tired of hearing the excuses of we have analog we need help. How long have you been playing? I see pros out there with it off.
I see pros out there with full highest aim assist you can get THATS NOT RIGHT. Yeah Yeah our FOV. we can't jump and ADS with our mouse and be put on the enemy with aim assist, have you ever though, (or why you do this) Jump then ADS it puts you RIGHT on the target. with XBOX i know, MYBE PS IDK. we have to keep up with your movements . blah blah, its easier with a mouse? Is it? we cant see the future and know what way your going to turn run jump? aim assist keeps you with in that vicinity .whatever ill get that post for you about it anyway.

I play on PC man. I fully admitted back on page 1 that I play on PC and I'm aware that using a mouse gives me a large advantage over a consoler. That's why I'm fine with aim-assist existing, because it levels the playing field which is necessary for crossplay. And I like crossplay because I can play with several friends who don't have PC.

Also - I watched that JGOD video the day he posted it, didn't need to watch it again. I'm fully aware of what the aim-assist looks like in this game. You said "Warzone" was looking into aim-assist, and I asked for confirmation of that. I'll wait while you find it.
hey I loved when cross play came out. (waited for that since the dam 80's .With the cheating ass arcade games where you kick the dudes ass the 1st round, second round, your ass couldn't even hit him and got pounded) That's not my debate, I'm saying it's TO STRONG. Not that they don't need it, you will find no where that I posted that I didn't want them to have it.. I never said I wanted it out. It needs to be Toned down has been my discussion for the beginning.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
See I don't agree with this either. I've seen several YT vids where guys demonstrate what the aim-assist looks like and how it works. It definitely works and you can tell when it's turned on. Your reticle definitely gets slowed down when it crosses a target. However it's not auto-aim and doesn't automatically keep you on target - you still have to physically move your joystick and aim. All it's doing is automatically lowering your sensitivity when you do get near/on target so that it's easier for you to be precise and stay on target.
It's well-known that there is a difference between aim-assist and aimbot. I posted a video of nadeshot being in the same lobby as a hacker. This is back when it was completely blatant.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1qlMUvLi4
It's well known that Warzone is handled by a different team. Raven Software is doing Warzone. Infinity Ward is helping too.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
It's well-known that there is a difference between aim-assist and aimbot. I posted a video of nadeshot being in the same lobby as a hacker. This is back when it was completely blatant.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1qlMUvLi4

It's well known that Warzone is handled by a different team. Raven Software is doing Warzone. Infinity Ward is helping too.
Right I agree that's what I'm saying. Aim-assist isn't an aimbot, it just lowers your sensitivity when you're on target to make aiming easier, but you still have to do the physical aiming yourself.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Right I agree that's what I'm saying. Aim-assist isn't an aimbot, it just lowers your sensitivity when you're on target to make aiming easier, but you still have to do the physical aiming yourself.
Yeah. Aim-assist slows down your sensitivity. That was well said.

However, he's saying that aim-assist is turned off when pros play, and are blatantly cheating. There's a good channel you should watch, it's called esports talk. They covered a few pros admitting to cheating.

One livestreamer SHOWED his wallhack/aimbot. On livestream. I'm sitting and laughing my ass off.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I keep getting you confuse with Dizzydemon. . Ok so in other words you like having the game help you AIM. You Not aiming but 80-90 %
of the time. the game is lying to you and your lying to your selfs thinking your all that, but you are playing in arcade mode while m/k is in Simulation. Got it. Im really tired of hearing the excuses of we have analog we need help. How long have you been playing? I see pros out there with it off.
Repeat after me. MCFLYYY. Plays. On. PC. Without. Using. Aim. Assist.

Aim-assist is not helping me. I am not advocating for aim-assist because I use it. I'm advocating for it because console users need it because they are at a disadvantage and we need a level playing field in order to have crossplay.

we can't jump and ADS with our mouse and be put on the enemy with aim assist, have you ever though, (or why you do this) Jump then ADS it puts you RIGHT on the target. with XBOX i know, MYBE PS IDK. we have to keep up with your movements .
This is NOT how aim-assist works. Apparently you need to go watch JGOD's video again. It does NOT "put you on the enemy" or "put you right on target". You still have to keep up with enemy movements using the joystick - the only thing aim-assist is doing is slowing down your sensitivity so make staying on target with a joystick easier. Since, you know, staying on target with a joystick is more difficult.

I'm saying it's TO STRONG. Not that they don't need it, you will find no where that I posted that I didn't want them to have it.. I never said I wanted it out. It needs to be Toned down has been my discussion for the beginning.

I want you to go INTO controller settings, turn OFF aim assist, for 1-2 games If your ego is so big and you think your god so big on your K/D. Please don't bother. I want you to see how good that AIM ASSIST works for you. I have friends who play console right next to me on my PC. So yep I know the truth, lets see who all comes back in here and tells me how well they did or couldn't aim with NO AIM ASSIST. Have fun
Your original post did say to have consolers "turn off" aim-assist to "see how good they really are". You have claimed aim-assist is stronger in this game than any other, but have no evidence of that. You've also said "Warzone" is already investigating and looking into nerfing aim-assist, but haven't posted any proof of that either. I'm still waiting.

Wiseowl

Recruit

I know obviously some people think the aim assist is good for console users but what l meant was out of all the people that learned both, most people would think that the amount of advantages you can get from pc they wouldn’t think the aim assist for console was too good to miss.
The demos you may have seen is it actual game play? What needs to happen is a friend turns it on or off for a friend, and then the player can guess whether he was using it or not. Well that’s what l would like to see anyway! Thanks for not being in denial that pc users are better off lol!

Some people really overthink these things, just play and have fun, or watch and eat popcorn, whatever works, right?
@dizzy demon you have been really funny wit your replies :D

DizzyDemon

Recruit
It has actually been quite hard for me to stay out of commenting, I mean I should be on the side of PC gamers, but I know console gamers that don't like to use aim-assist and PC gamers that prefer to use controllers over keyboard and mouse.

In the 5 or so months I have been a member of this forum, this topic is 1 that has been raised enough times for me to start to think that Call of Duty is sub-topic in a Consoles versus PC forum and I very much doubt it would ever be resolved.

So why not just watch and see what happens, like a good dramatic film, and what would go better with a good film than popcorn right?

Besides, popcorn is important in Call of Duty, that's why you get a popcorn award for killing 2 people with mines and claymores.

Oh, and glad you're enjoying my comments ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
In the 5 or so months I have been a member of this forum, this topic is 1 that has been raised enough times for me to start to think that Call of Duty is sub-topic in a Consoles versus PC forum and I very much doubt it would ever be resolved.
Sugesstion: Denied. ;)

Repeat after me. MCFLYYY. Plays. On. PC. Without. Using. Aim. Assist.

Aim-assist is not helping me. I am not advocating for aim-assist because I use it. I'm advocating for it because console users need it because they are at a disadvantage and we need a level playing field in order to have crossplay.

This is NOT how aim-assist works. Apparently you need to go watch JGOD's video again. It does NOT "put you on the enemy" or "put you right on target". You still have to keep up with enemy movements using the joystick - the only thing aim-assist is doing is slowing down your sensitivity so make staying on target with a joystick easier. Since, you know, staying on target with a joystick is more difficult.

Your original post did say to have consolers "turn off" aim-assist to "see how good they really are". You have claimed aim-assist is stronger in this game than any other, but have no evidence of that. You've also said "Warzone" is already investigating and looking into nerfing aim-assist, but haven't posted any proof of that either. I'm still waiting.

I want you to go and play with a controller... The aim-assist is the least they could do to compromise console players.. The amount of times where I started shooting someone in the back from a distance and the guy turned around 180 degrees, aimed and shot back at me just as fast as I can turn 45 degrees on my controller..

Apart from that, there are also other things that give pc players a big advantage over console players.
- There's a video card you can get for your pc that blanks out all shadows, so whenever someone hides in a dark corner, the user can see him clear as daylight.
- Microsoft servers for xbox have a capped internet speed, so if you're connection exceeds that it gives you an advantage.
- PC monitors have a much higher fps rate compared to TVs (can be prevented by purchasing a monitor, but still is an advantage)
- PC is by far most vulnerable to use hacks. This isn't what should be encountered as advantage or disadvantage, but if this game wouldn't be cross platformed with PC the amount of hackers will drastically drop on consoles. Esepcially after PUBG applied their anti-cheat mechanism, which made a lot of cheaters move over to Warzone.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements

Angels of Death