• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Updates are ridiculous

SoonerBryn

Recruit
I’m in the midst of a move and living in a nice camper while we sell our old house and look for a new one. The worst part is, I have limited (and slow) Internet. So I’m trying to play single player games on my PS5. Unfortunately, developers have made that almost impossible by pushing mandatory updates that are 50gb or more. I had to update the game and re-download the single player campaign. It took me nearly a week to get the files completely downloaded. I finally got to play a few missions yesterday. Turn it on again today, and I get to download another 53gb update file. For what? This game has been out for way too long to force these massive updates constantly, particularly when people aren’t even trying to play online. This is maddening.

SoonerBryn

Recruit
In your new house, shop for faster internet. :cool:
Never had issues in my house, but try finding Internet in a campground. They all claim to have Wi-fi, and it never works at any of them. That said, a 50gb update is going to take hours regardless of your speed, and they are pushing them way too often for a game that has been out as long as this one.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Never had issues in my house, but try finding Internet in a campground. They all claim to have Wi-fi, and it never works at any of them. That said, a 50gb update is going to take hours regardless of your speed, and they are pushing them way too often for a game that has been out as long as this one.
Call of Duty isn't the only game that have these yuge updates. But, yes... THIS update is ridiculous. 50gb for what...? A map? A weapon?

SoonerBryn

Recruit
Call of Duty isn't the only game that have these yuge updates. But, yes... THIS update is ridiculous. 50gb for what...? A map? A weapon?
The frustrating part is that I have to download the update to play the single player campaign when the update has nothing to do with the single player campaign. This is part of a larger problem with games these days. They force you to be online to play single player or force you to download massive updates for multiplayer to play single player. And I even bought a physical copy of the game, so I have the disc sitting in my PS5, and for what reason? So I can keep being forced to download 50gb updates every week? It’s ridiculous.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The frustrating part is that I have to download the update to play the single player campaign when the update has nothing to do with the single player campaign. This is part of a larger problem with games these days. They force you to be online to play single player or force you to download massive updates for multiplayer to play single player. And I even bought a physical copy of the game, so I have the disc sitting in my PS5, and for what reason? So I can keep being forced to download 50gb updates every week? It’s ridiculous.
Yeah.

That disc, though? Its a DRM extraction system. So, once you initiatialize by reading the disc, it pings the server to extract the game. Its not just extracting the files, its authorizing your "fingerprint." So they know you own the game. At least the disc. Its basically a license at that point. You don't really own the game.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements