• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone, modern warfare season 4 postponed.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
It is shocking what is happening in America right now, I thought we had moved past that, but no, first you have the George Floyd incident and then the President himself is provoking people instead of helping calm things down.

I support Activision in this and would love to see some sort of memorial mention for George Floyd in the game, nobody deserves to be treated the way he was treated.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
It is shocking what is happening in America right now, I thought we had moved past that, but no, first you have the George Floyd incident and then the President himself is provoking people instead of helping calm things down.

I support Activision in this and would love to see some sort of memorial mention for George Floyd in the game, nobody deserves to be treated the way he was treated.
I'm only going to say this once, because I know politics isn't "great." When Trump said that, he didn't really mean to provoke or incite the violence. In fact, his cabinet includes staff that are prominently brown (ahem; black). So, please get out of here with that rhetoric. I love my users, but this is where I draw the lines.

Yes, he says some stupid things, but please don't let the media brainwash you. This is exactly what they want. They want to divide people. It's how most protests are perpetuating the issue.

Memorial for George Floyd in the game wouldn't do shit. We already have blacks in the game. Doesn't even persuade looters from doing what they were doing. There's even a white supremacist in the game, if you don't realize.

KeyboardDemon

Fair enough, being in the UK, I don't really know what's going on in politics on the other side of the pond.

I know Trump has done a lot of good for the nation too and my response was mostly more emotional than rational, mostly fed by a press that only wants to point out the bad stuff.

You're right about the characters in the game there is a good mix of ethnicity and Alex has a prosthetic leg, the game is not the problem, nor is it the platform to try to address the issues.

I hope it's not too political to say that my thoughts are with the Floyd family, I hope things can return to normal as quickly as possible with no further unnecessary deaths.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ThumperNB

Recruit
No I don't agree with the decision not to launch the new season 4 update. Yes the situation in the US is bad and I feel for them. BUT would they delay the update if this was happening in any other country? I think not! This has happened more the once in the US and it has not had an effect on game updates or releases before. Could be the update needs a few tweaks and they are just buying a little extra time. But to be fair there are millions of gamers around the world who are being affected by this decision and Activision needs to rethink it. As it stands no one outside the gaming world gives a damn about the delay in the update.

AjunCajun

Recruit
I'm only going to say this once, because I know politics isn't "great." When Trump said that, he didn't really mean to provoke or incite the violence. In fact, his cabinet includes staff that are prominently brown (ahem; black). So, please get out of here with that rhetoric. I love my users, but this is where I draw the lines.

Yes, he says some stupid things, but please don't let the media brainwash you. This is exactly what they want. They want to divide people. It's how most protests are perpetuating the issue.

Memorial for George Floyd in the game wouldn't do shit. We already have blacks in the game. Doesn't even persuade looters from doing what they were doing. There's even a white supremacist in the game, if you don't realize.
I commend the actions taken by Activision to make their intentions and honorable feeling known. Some not so happy members can shove it wear the sun don't shine. I think we can all stop being so entitled and show some respect.

KeyboardDemon

It's not just Activision:

Sony have delayed their upcoming PS5 announcement to "allow more important voices to be heard".

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ThumperNB

Recruit
I commend the actions taken by Activision to make their intentions and honorable feeling known. Some not so happy members can shove it wear the sun don't shine. I think we can all stop being so entitled and show some respect.
What a FAN BOY! The world does not revolve around the happenings in the US. And to tell you the truth the world is tired of the American fools who think if does!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
What a FAN BOY! The world does not revolve around the happenings in the US. And to tell you the truth the world is tired of the American fools who think if does!
You could say the same about China. But enough. I'm only going to warn you to not make inciting posts like this again. Understood?

Like CODForums!

Advertisements