• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Well I'll Be Dipped In Sh!t!!! Part 2....

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Hold The Phone!!!! :D

I got home and installed the GTX570....

Boot-1.jpg

So, the GOOD news is, I now know it's NOT the MB...

The BAD news is, it may mean it's my RTX 3060ti...

Would anyone know of any compatibility issues 'tween the ASUS TUF and the EVGA RTX???

I am tentatively canceling the return of this MB as it looks like the problem is with my hardware and not with the MB...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
And things just keep getting BETTER AND BETTER!!!! :D

Boot-2.jpg

The only difference between what I did tonight and what I did last night is, last night, I used the 8-PN PCI-E adapted connector for the RTX...

Tonight, I just used the 2x 8-PN PCI-E Connectors that are on the same rail...

Something so simple!!!!

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Ya'all pointed out that I need to make sure the power connectors to the RTX were good and secure..

While I DID do that, it never occurred to me that the one power connector could be BAD....

So, live and learn... :D

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Ya'all pointed out that I need to make sure the power connectors to the RTX were good and secure..

While I DID do that, it never occurred to me that the one power connector could be BAD....

So, live and learn... :D
I just posted in the Disaster Strikes thread, please, for future issues, keep it all in one thread, it's hard to keep track when I have to switch from thread to thread just to stay up to date!

As for the power cable issue, go back and check your other threads, both @freakdaddy64 and I have told you that it is best practice to use different rails where 2 power connections are required for a single GPU.

This is advice I was given when GPUs still only required a single 6-pin power connector, now some use 2x6, 1x6+1x8 or even 2x8 pin configurations.

Outputs from your PSU rail are designed to supply 3 volts, 5 volts and 12 volts, they are also designed to only allow a certain amount of amps through, in order to limit the total watts. As I recall, volts x amps = watts, if you put 2x 12v on a single rail, you will increase the required amount of amps and exceed the total watts that the single line can supply. But, I don't understand that fully, and have just followed the advice I was given without question.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Yea, the same rail issue was brought up in relation to the initial lack of performance of the RTX..

Which is why I got ahold of this adapter....

8pnAdapter.jpg

... so I could use a different rail of the PSU... Funny thing is, last night when I was putting everything back together, I re-installed ^^^^ that adapter and plugged the other rail into one of the connectors marked in green.. I powered up and got the BEEPs error again.. So, I plugged the rail into the OTHER connector and it booted up fine.. So, it wasn't the 8pn part of that adapter it was one of the 4pn connectors..

But now everything is working good and I am just a few mins away from finishing the updates I had missed in the week or so I was down... :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Well, it looks like I am still having some issues..

Jeez, why can't things go smooth! Oh well, I guess that's what makes life interesting..

Ran WARZONE and got a BSOD EXCEPTION ERROR...

Rebooted... Ran WARZONE again..

FatalErrorWZ.jpg

FATAL ERROR at the SPLASH screen....

Played with 3D Mark a bit, then ran WARZONE again...

Actually got INTO a match and then... FATAL ERROR

FatalErrorWZ-2.jpg

So, looks like I have a bit more work to do..

I am thinking... I am still running off the old Win10 install from the GIGABYTE MB... I probably need to do a fresh install for the ASUS MB.. That's likely the cause..

Question though.. Since I have learned that WIN 11 was not the cause of my initial RTX issues, I am thinking of doing a fresh install of Win 11 instead of Win 10...

Thoughts??

Onward and upward... :D

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im running win 11 with no issues at all so with change of motherboard i would do fresh install and sometimes with those errors from game you can do repair and scan through battlenet and see if it helps.

KeyboardDemon

Most likely.. My biggest problem in pooter work is I tend to make things a lot harder than they have to be.. :D
It hasn't gone unnoticed ;)

Question though.. Since I have learned that WIN 11 was not the cause of my initial RTX issues, I am thinking of doing a fresh install of Win 11 instead of Win 10...
Go straight Windoze 11, do not pass 10, do not collect $200, but most importantly, stick to plan and DO NOT deviate under any circumstances, I know you can't help yourself, and it always ends in trouble! :confused:

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Most likely.. My biggest problem in pooter work is I tend to make things a lot harder than they have to be.. :D

There was an old TV Sitcom when my kids were young called NIGHT COURT about a judge in City Of New York Municipal Courts.. It was a hilarious show..

One scene had Bull, the court baliff, lost his gun and some psycho lady (played by the actress who was Kira Nerys in DEEP SPACE NINE) found the gun and was threatening everyone while Bull was out searching for his gun.. The crew spent 5-10 mins concocting various schemes to try and get the gun back.. Bull walked in looking for his gun and said, "Oh! There it is!!" and just walked up and plucked the gun from the lady's hands and walks out..

One of the characters said... "Does anyone get the idea that we make things so much harder than they have to be??" :D

That line stuck with me all these years and I dust it off now and again where appropriate.. :D

KeyboardDemon

has anyone noticed my signiture got bigger lmao COD forums YAY!!!!!!!!
I can't see your signature on my phone, I think it might be turned off on the web app. I'll check it out on my desktop soon.

That line stuck with me all these years and I dust it off now and again where appropriate.. :D
Now certainly seems appropriate :D

Like CODForums!

Advertisements