• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Worth playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moaz13

Recruit
I used to be a Sony and PC kid but I liked other kinds of games so I never even heard of these games for a long time, but now that I know, is it worth playing the origins of the series? What does it do better or what does it do that makes it worth playing now?

gh0st233

Recruit
Well, if you can get your hands on this and the United Offensive expansion, make sure to get it and play both of them. They are really good, and everyone should play the game that started it all. Also, play Call of Duty 2, if you haven't already. My first Call of Duty game was CoD 2. After that, I played the Call of Duty and the United Offensive and I loved those two. The campaign is so fun, and the multi-player isn't bad but you can see that it's a bit old. These are good games, and you should try them if you can.

EDIT: Also, forgot to add, you can drive cars in United Offensive multi-player. I think it's the only CoD game that lets you do that.

Definitely. The campaign isn't as "hollywoodian" as the ones in the newer titles, because back then, they aimed for a gaming experience, not a cutscene-filled-with-quicktime-events experience. Also, the campaign is much, much longer.

I played this game when I was a small kid on PC with my father. We had a blast.

Be sure to play it, and get the United Offensive expansion too.

moaz13

Recruit
Definitely. The campaign isn't as "hollywoodian" as the ones in the newer titles, because back then, they aimed for a gaming experience, not a cutscene-filled-with-quicktime-events experience. Also, the campaign is much, much longer.

I played this game when I was a small kid on PC with my father. We had a blast.

Be sure to play it, and get the United Offensive expansion too.
That sounds much better. One of my favorite games is Brothers in Arms and I like how much less of an action packed Hollywood ride and focuses on the horrors of war and how important squad mates are.

harpazo22

Recruit
Absolutely it is so worth it. It's the original so if you play any others you'll really appreciate it more. The graphics are good, it's action packed and never boring. It's just fun!

AmazonXD

Recruit
Definitely different that modern CoDs. The original really harkens back to a time when World War 2 shooters were all the rage. Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, all fighting for the same platform. I guess that's kind of how it is now, though.

pwarbi

Recruit
Game developers tend to make games they know will sell, and if one game is a massive success, you tend to get quite a few other games coming out that are similar as they also try and jump on the bandwagon and cash in.

While if you like one style of game that's a good thing, it gives you a varied choice of titles to choose from, if your not a fan though, you'll find that there's not a great deal of variety being released you can look forward to purchasing.

nusster

Recruit
Absolutely, original CoD is the first one I played and like someone mentioned, the market was very crowded back then with WWII shooters, and Call of Duty is my favorite. I have thought about re-playing it myself, I am 100% sure the quality still holds up!

Toxic34

Recruit
I definitely find it worth playing, even with it being the simplest of the titles. In addition, the healthpack system makes it somewhat more difficult (which I'll have to get used to again when WWII comes out, especially now that it's only one difficulty). That said, I think having the title that started it all is a must for any fan of the series.

In order to fully understand the series or how everything enhanced to the point where what makes Call Of Duty "COD" you would have to start from the very first title to fully enjoy how COD turned out to be.
I only started from WaW and went straight back to the beginning just to find out how the storyline is and how COD progressed.
I just suggest that you do the same if you have the same passion in call of duty as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements