1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Controversy surrounding MW2.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by NasAssassin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. blackmk7

blackmk7 Recruit

I agree with all of you. but at the same time, because of our society and the things that people do and say, regardless of freedom of speech. People still need to blame people for their own mistakes for some reason. It is mainly a tactic used so when another parent wants to blame their child's behavior on violent video games, the video game company can assure that they covered their rears and said that the game is properly labeled. I feel that it is sad and our times have come to this and players like us have to suffer over technical crap.

2. Veld

Veld Recruit

Loved that level... They should make a video game where you're a terrorist and it is your job to attack large civilian targets. Like GTA, only this time you're not just part of some lame gang. Why do video games almost never let you play the bad guy?

3. Ghost_Imported3

Ghost_Imported3 Recruit

I think that similar to most controversies this one was way overblown. The character you play as was not even a terrorist; he was a mole put there to gather intel. So you aren't even playing as a bad guy and don't have to shoot anyone. Of course, you can just skip the mission also. So just based on appearances, I see why some people may have been upset. But take it in context and it isn't as bad as it might look. But some people just react without learning anything about what they have a problem with. Actually, way too many people do that...

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

This wasn't a big deal to me when I was playing it, but now looking back it's pretty messed up when you think about it. But that's video games for you! Shouldn't be very surprising. Parents should be more careful with what they let their kids play.

5. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

There was an article that came out right after the November Paris attacks, saying that the level is somewhat uncomfortable in light of that, but it is what it is. Also, he complained that the scenario was absurd, and should've had an opportunity for Allen to refuse to take part in the massacre, attempt to kill Makarov, then get killed that way, not to mention "why would anyone not blow the whistle on this? Yes, we know that Shepherd tells him to keep his cover and sets up the later plot twist as well as shows the extent of Makarov's savagery, but he would've tried some way to stop it beforehand!"