• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Favorite Gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcloutier

Recruit
Do you have a specific gun that is your favorite? Or type of gun?

For me, I stick with assault rifles. Unless I'm playing on the boat map, then I'll use an SMG or a shotgun because of the close range. Every other map though, I'm using one of the assault rifles.

I have no real preference as to which assault rifle. As long as it has the target finder on it!

What about you?

John Ferge

Recruit
I like the SMG class, more specifically the PDW. With it I use three attachments the reflex scope, suppressor and the laser sight. It is a create combination. But I do agree with you, assault rifles are really good and great on more long range maps.

illusen

Recruit
Hmm tough question. If I remember right I had a huge crush on the HAMR but moved on to SMG as primary (PDW for the win). Also liked KSG quite a bit when I was in a shotgun mood.

Alexisdv20

Recruit
I'm a big fan of the assault rifle in general, but when I play in the chaos playlist ( small maps only ) I'll get a shotgun or smg, most of the time I'll get a shotgun. I'm also a pretty good quickscoper... so I like to use snipers sometimes :D

dcloutier

Recruit
I'm a big fan of the assault rifle in general, but when I play in the chaos playlist ( small maps only ) I'll get a shotgun or smg, most of the time I'll get a shotgun. I'm also a pretty good quickscoper... so I like to use snipers sometimes :D
As much as I play, I have absolutely no idea what quickscoping actually is! lol. I know my boyfriend yells about those MFing quickscopers all the time, but I've never understood it. And I don't use a sniper rifle at all. I fail pretty badly when I try. lol. So, educate me please =)

Melvin

Recruit
Sniping. That's pretty much all I do when I'm playing with my clan. Usually I'm in the background just clearing the way forward and checking for the other team.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
For me, Black Ops II has been the shotgun game. I've traditionally been fond of assault rifles but something about the way the shot guns and my preferred load outs just clicks with the way I play. I definitely favor the Remington but I also get a best of both worlds thing going with the KSG. Under varying circumstances I can get an accurate and powerful hipfire or an AS-like slug from medium range.

dowdyrich

Recruit
I, for some reason, love to run around with Light Machine Guns. I don't see as many people doing it, but it has been how I roll since the early days of CoD. I hate sniping, as I don't have the patience and I hate the fact that if I miss, reloading is a .... well you get it. I know, I know, just stop missing and that wouldn't be a problem LOL!

Alexisdv20

Recruit
As much as I play, I have absolutely no idea what quickscoping actually is! lol. I know my boyfriend yells about those MFing quickscopers all the time, but I've never understood it. And I don't use a sniper rifle at all. I fail pretty badly when I try. lol. So, educate me please =)
Well quickscoping pretty much says what it is in the name, it's when you use a sniper but you don't hold on the scoping... you scope quickly and shoot and most of the time it's going to one hit kill people... I understand why some person would rage getting killed all the time by that!

BTCGuru81

Recruit
Well quickscoping pretty much says what it is in the name, it's when you use a sniper but you don't hold on the scoping... you scope quickly and shoot and most of the time it's going to one hit kill people... I understand why some person would rage getting killed all the time by that!
To add to this, if you want to see an example of it, watch your kill cam when you get shot by a sniper, especially at close range. When you see a replay where the sniper is bringing the weapon up as though they were going to look through the scope, but you get killed before the scope is even up to their eye, that is quick scoping. It's especially enraging in this particular title because the hipfire mechanism on most other weapons, not specifically designed to hip fire, has been nerfed intensely. It does less damage to shoot the same part of the body hip-firing than scoped. So for a sniper to be able to do this without being fully scoped is kind of cheap. Obviously I'm opposed to the mechanic but to be fair you'll find as many people who think it's just fine.

visto

Recruit
Man, in the first Black Ops, the AK47u was the best! I was unstoppable with that thing. Really bummed out to see it wasn't in BO2, but the MSMC has treated me pretty well.

jayalastair

Recruit
I personally prefer the submachines guns with the peacekeeper, skorpion, pdw and chicom being my favorite of the submachine guns to use. I am a rusher so of course I always use my submachine guns as much as I can and have gotten them all diamond already. I am now working on getting my second favorite type of guns, assault rifles diamond.

Khronic

Recruit
I prefer the SMG, specifically the vector. Usually I run with primary gunfighter and put on a silencer and grip and not have a secondary. I like being fast around the map, pushing flanks and catching snipers with their pants down. Naturally this doesn't lead to very long lives, but I'm not much of a camper. When I'm in the mood for some outdoor activities, I like snipers, but not much of a fan in Black Ops II. I feel like each gun doesn't have it's own identity.

samb222

Recruit
My favourite gun is the peacekeeper haha.. Just because I paid extra for it I suppose, plus I generally love SMG's.

But my favourite class overall is the sniper class, just like it is in every other COD.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
I prefer the SMG, specifically the vector. Usually I run with primary gunfighter and put on a silencer and grip and not have a secondary. I like being fast around the map, pushing flanks and catching snipers with their pants down. Naturally this doesn't lead to very long lives, but I'm not much of a camper. When I'm in the mood for some outdoor activities, I like snipers, but not much of a fan in Black Ops II. I feel like each gun doesn't have it's own identity.
I tend to play this way as well. I find creeping play styles to be difficult as I don't seem to have the patience to allow traffic to go unfragged. I have found though that I get my best result by identifying high traffic zones and, instead of going directly into a preemptive engagement, I use the speed to get myself positioned where the traffic will come to me. People LOVE to keep rushing at someone who keeps blasting them so I use the speed to reposition myself in slightly different parts of the region because, invariably, they are always looking for you wher eyou last shot them. I kill guys in the same room dozens of times justr doing this and laugh when you see the rage quit.

jamerson

Recruit
Guess that makes both of us when it comes to assault riffle in general on any game. But I prefer my shotgun in small maps because I'm good with close range combat and quick scooping. I also like my knife because I have perfect timing when using it.

In Black Ops 2, my favorite gun is definitely the MSMC. It's really OP, but I guess that's the reason why I like it :p. I barely use shotguns, but they're so good in Black Ops 2, I'm gonna have to try them out soon.

Gamer

Recruit
SMG is one of my favorite gun in COD black ops 2. It is easy to handle and useful too.
I also like shotguns but they're not that much good. :p

Monteti

Recruit
I used shotguns until I diamonded them out. I seriously couldn't even use SMGs or Assault Rifles for the longest time. My aim was so bad it hurt. Personally, I love the Remington shotgun. I can use it on every map and it's my go-to if I'm not doing so hot. However, I love SMGs next because I had finally figured out how to use them properly. I liked the PDW till it got nerfed and I can't hardly use it with the kick over a range greater than 10 feet.

The MSMC hits like an assault rifle but shoots like an SMG, so I love it to death. It's the most overpowered gun in the game next to the M8A1, in my opinion.

The Chicomb is so much fun it hurts if I'm on my game. All you have to do is find the rhythm and you can make it shoot automatic without having to waste an attachment on select fire, and it hurts oh so good.

The Skorpion EVO took me the longest time to get used to and I hated it for so long because the fire rate was way too high for my playstyle. After being forced to use it to diamond my SMGs, though, I figured it out and started wrecking house like it was nobody's business. I even will throw on rapid fire, extended mag, and stock just to make people mad. It's too much fun to not try so I highly advise it.

Striker1one

Recruit
Much like Modern Warfare 3, I haven't bothered touching a single different weapon other then the MP7. Accurate, Mobile, and Deadly, there's no point using anything else. It's extremely over powered much like it was in Modern Warfare 3, and for that reason I usually use it for any situation. Sniper? Tap fire it and you'll hit no problem. Panic Situation? Spray all over, you'll get em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements