• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Key Combo Hacks

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Like key binding the prone and fire key... that way when you fire, you automatically go prone..

Stuff like that...
Oh, I see, and would that be regarded as cheating?

I used to have a Logitech keyboard with programmable macro keys on the left of the keyboard, using the software I could bind key combinations, but it was a pain in the neck to use. I found the keys were so far away from the WASD cluster that I couldn't reach them without moving my hand so I ended up binding chat comments to instead. No one could GG WP faster than I could, lol.

If I were to bind my middle mouse button to perform 2 operations at once, then I can see that being helpful but I wouldn't want to do it if it's considered cheating.

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using Tapatalk

I never understood the whole binding jump or prone to the fire button. That has got to fuck up your aim in more situations than it helps.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
As far as I know, anything that alters the fundamentals of the game at the base level, that is not available to everyone and gives a definitive advantage is regarded as a "cheat" or "hack"... In other words, if the game doesn't allow you dual keybinds, then achieving it thru other means (hardware or software) would be considered a cheat..

I may be wrong on that, but that's my understanding...

On another point (not really related to cheating but to what DD said).....

I could never get used to the WASD movement combination.. I use ASDF (MoveLeft, MoveRight, MoveBack, MoveForward respectively). That way I have my left hand fingers on all the movement keys...

Not knocking it or anything.. I was just curious as to the advantage..???

BV,

I would gather that, once someone got used to it and adjusted their aim accordingly, it would be more of an advantage to the player and more of a disadvantage to the enemy...

But, as I said above, I may be wrong about it being a cheat.. I am decidedly anal about anything not an actual part of the game, that gives players an advantage over other players..

I am shitty enough without someone having to use hacks or cheats to beat me.. :D

KeyboardDemon

I never understood the whole binding jump or prone to the fire button. That has got to fuck up your aim in more situations than it helps.
I think he used that as an example, I don't think people would use that particular combination in gameplay.

KeyboardDemon

This thread has made me realise that the key for prone is too far away for me the reach comfortably, I often miss the CTRL key when I need it in a hurry.

The X key on the other hand is not often a key I need in an emergency, maybe if I swapped them, then when I need to drop ammo I can reach across and when I need to go prone I can get to the button faster.

No key bind hacks required here, thank you.

That doesn't make sense to me, burst fire players will end up bouncing up and down so their aim will be all over the place, right?

Yeah thats why I don't understand how it ever got popular.

Same with prone + fire. That will basically make it impossible to use cover since you'll just drop down behind the cover after the first shot and not only will most of your bullets just hit the cover instead of the enemy but you would loose sight of the enemy as well.

It got popular back in the day as a way to make it harder for enemies to headshot you, and Im sure it would be an advantage in certain situations, but I still don't get why anyone would use it.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements