• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

monitors

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I've got a QHD, 27", 144hz, TN, and G-Sync monitor.

My next monitor will most likely be an IPS with HDR support, again at QHD, 27", high refresh rates, and with variable refresh support so both FreeSync and G-Sync will work.

I just haven't found the specs I want at a price I'm happy to pay.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
what monitors are we using tn va or ips and does anyone use a curved monitor.
While I can't speak to curved monitors, I had a couple curved TVs at one point.

It's a lot like a touchscreen computer or 3D TV...

It's a nice novelty at first, but it wears out quickly and is just regular and boring..

KeyboardDemon

im going back to 1440p 270 hz asus rog strix amazon delivering tuesday.

That's a fantastic choice, you will not regret getting that. I never understood how or why you stepped down from QHD to FHD, this is what you should have waited for at the time.

I want the same specs from my next monitor, but I can't spend that much right now.

When I tried out a 4K monitor with HDR I was just not that impressed with it. The noticeable drop in frame rates was not worth the hardly noticeable gain in picture quality and it didn't make it easier for me to spot targets, so no real help with gaining a visual advantage, which is something I expected.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Speaking of monitors and apologies for the hijack...

Since TVs have come a long way....

I have an Acer K272HL 27" Monitor.. Good monitor, but I can't get above 1920x1080...

Would a good quality 32" 4K TV work as a good monitor and allow me above 1920x1080???

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i looked up that acer and native res is 1080p so you wont get higher with it. but 1440p monitors at 144 refresh are priced pretty good but i wanted 240 or better refresh so im paying more for it.:(:(

KeyboardDemon

Short answer is no.

The longer answer is only if your hardware supports it. Most 4k TV are useless for use as monitors, text is harder to read and there is no support for variable frame rates, and then refresh rates are either 50hz to 60hz.

Premium models go up to 120hz with variable refresh rate support but a monitor like the one that @freakdaddy64 has just ordered is a better choice. Text will look better, games will look better, and you won't find yourself being kicked out the room when your wife wants to watch her soaps.

KeyboardDemon

A friend of mine got himself a PS5 and then bought himself a premium Sony 65" TV for his mancave, when his wife saw this amazing set she complained that the TV for his console was way better than the living room TV and that he either had to get another TV like it or better for the living room or swap them over.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
you got it and im assuming the 1440p should provide better captures for youtube. im thinking there is probably better recording software besides using geforce exp.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements