• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 256-bit 8GB GDRR5 DirectX 12

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
What would this GFX Card be in NVIDIA'ese???
If memory serves me right then I think that the RX580 launched about 3 or 4 years ago, so by that time line we would be looking at the GTX 10x0 series, I don't think it had the power to compete with the GTX 1080, so my guess is it would sit somewhere between a GTX 1070 and GTX 1080.

KeyboardDemon

I got an RTX 2080ti to play with til Friday.. Interested in seeing how much better my game play gets.. :D
Can I have it on Saturday??

So, still a bit better than the GTX 970???
I think that would depend on the game in question, I did a quick comparison search on Google before attempting to answer this question and found this:

RX 580 vs GTX 970 on GPU Check

Which looks like it putting the RX 580 above the GTX 970, then in UserBenchmark the performance difference looks like it was around 8%, check it out here.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I got in a half match this morning with the RTX in.. Holy crap, I was wracking up the kills!!

8 kills in the first 10 mins..

Then my machine locked up.. :(

Can't say if it was the video card or not.. But I maxed out my resolution et al settings and I was on fire!!!

Gonna play with it some more tonight..

KeyboardDemon

I got in a half match this morning with the RTX in.. Holy crap, I was wracking up the kills!!

8 kills in the first 10 mins..

Then my machine locked up.. :(

Can't say if it was the video card or not.. But I maxed out my resolution et al settings and I was on fire!!!

Gonna play with it some more tonight..
@freakdaddy64 has an EVGA RTX 2080Ti, it is a beast of a GPU and he has been getting some really good results with it.

Why do you only have it until Friday? What's stopping you from making it a permanent arrangement?

On a side note, do you have a big enough PSU to rock an RTX 2080Ti?

The recommended PSU for a system with a GTX 970 is 500 watts, while the RTX 2080Ti requires 650 watts, if you only have 500 watts that might explain why the game crashed.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I have a 1200W Gamer supply... I think I just have settling in issues..

I got a high end Core I7 computer to do a Windows 11 install.. Customer is picking it up Friday and he said I could play with the video card til he picks it up..

If it pans out like it did this morning, if it actually helps my game play THAT much, I am DEFINITELY going to have to update my Video Card... Sooner rather than later.. :D

KeyboardDemon

Easier said than done, I am sure it has not escaped your notice that GPU prices are through the roof right now!

Like CODForums!

Advertisements