1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

New Release says "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Graphics Could Look Like This"

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by AndrewC, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Greenbox390

Greenbox390 Recruit

Seriously that sort of detail and rendering like the facial expressions above are not going to be within the game, aside from cut-screens. Are those screenshots depicting a PC running the game of highest specifications or what?

2. dsspra

dsspra Recruit

I agree, those look amazing, but they are cut scenes, still they look ridiculous and i would be very impressed with it.

3. Gferyl

Gferyl Recruit

This is getting too real haha! I miss when Graphics were something no one mentioned in a game. Just having the game there was fun. If they want to make realistic cut scenes, just really film the cut scenes with a camera. As for in game features, i doute they can do this. I am sure it'll be the realest one yet, but you get the point.

4. Danblu

Danblu Recruit

It's not very hard, on this day and age, for graphics to look like that. If we look at engines such as Cryengine 3, Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite we can see how much developers can get out of the current generation of hardware. I'd say the Call of Duty franchise always had stunning visuals, this would be a very likely, next step.

5. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Recruit

As a long time gamer, since the early 80's I've never known a time when graphics werent the first thing anyone talked about. Having said that, you may be more right than you know. The industry may be shooting itself in the foot by pushing the realism envelope. Every generation of US citizens have tried to pin society's ills on the new medium of their time. Our great grandparents blames those wicked nickelodeons. Our grandparents blamed "the devil's rock music" and our parents blame video games. The problem is, we live in time where conservatism is on the rise and becoming far more extremist than it was in the past. They are going to view near photo realistic images of people being shot as the end of the world. This could galvanize a whole new movement against the medium.

6. NasAssassin

NasAssassin Recruit

I'm quite astounded at how realistic those faces look.
    It's very hard to believe that from the 2D games we used to play, we've reached a stage where we cannot tell the difference between a virtual character and a real human!

7. sneakbo

sneakbo Recruit

looks like the standards for online game graphics are going up fast, im a massive call of duty fan anyway but im sure if the graphics are as good as this then they will gain alot of players that play battlefield because 'its more realistic then CoD'

8. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

The first two look amazing, but it that doesn't mean the models will look that great in real-time game-play. If this game comes out for the new generation of consoles this could easily be possible though. Although, I am going to say this is a huge step forwards for Activision. Does anybody know when this game is supposed to come out?

9. xlSynergy_imported3

If that's true, then that's amazing. Those graphics look amazing, but I highly doubt that they will really look like that. Maybe in the cut scenes, but like during regular multiplayer, I doubt it.

10. Khronic

Khronic Recruit

These graphics are amazing but these screenshots are for cutscenes only. Most trailers are all pre-rendered trash and I don't take anything that isn't demo gameplay seriously. We'll see though, you have to keep in mind that the graphics are as limited to as what the 360 and PS4 can support so I'm not expecting anything too ground breaking.

11. NathansWord

NathansWord Recruit

Those first few graphics are actually insanely good! If they do end up making the game to this quality I will definitely be purchasing this on release day! Hopefully they aren't just for cutscenes and all close up macros look this amazing.

12. notafish

notafish Recruit

I am not too excited until I see those graphics in action. I have had experiences with a game trailer or previews/pictures of it looking amazingly real and jaw dropping but once the game comes out and I test it out on my console, I get disappointed because they over hyped it.

I looked a 6 minute game play and the graphics are as I thought. Not as impressive as they made it out to be. It looks more like black ops 2 to me, nothing really changed except the story .

13. Prudent

Prudent Recruit

I don't believe the actual game-play will be this detailed myself, however it could be. As chrislyons88 said, I would say that these are for the cut scenes, commercials, etc.

14. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

When I saw the old guy I got scared a little bit.

The graphics look awesome for the game itself. Though, people tend to forget that these are the cut scenes and I need to actually see some game play. Players also have to remember that graphics doesn't make for a great game.

15. xlSynergy_imported3

Well, they didn't say that it was cut scene screenshots, but everyone is almost 100% positive it is, but hey, maybe it is the gameplay graphics (highly, highly, highly doubt this. And yes, I agree, graphics doesn't make a great game, but it's a good extra :)

16. bsge11

bsge11 Recruit

It would look a little freaky if they were like those pics. Then again those pictures themselves are scary. Still it would be a great challenge to make them almost like cgi.

17. Monteti

Monteti Recruit

Really, the graphics won't look much different from what we see now. No way has Infinity Ward had enough time to refine anything in their graphics capabilities in the small amount of time they ever have to release yet ANOTHER Call of Duty. In other words, I'll have to see it to believe it.

18. toughtrasher

toughtrasher Recruit

Wow, that looks fantastic! I thought the first few images were real people...

But all this graphics talk wouldn't matter if it's another lackluster campaign. I mean, I'm all in for the multiplayer but having a better and replayable campaign wouldn't hurt at all would it?

19. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

I think a little to much sugar is being added to the mix. The game will look great but no different from the games of past.

Sure, the cut scenes will look pretty cool but the game play will look the same.

20. BigBenny

BigBenny Recruit

Whoa! Those graphics are sick!! :D I think I will have to throw away my old graphics card - it was struggling anyways- and buy a better graphics card. Hmm, that means I have to budget for it, :eek: !sweet! Anything for MW4 I guess.