• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Welcome to xenForo 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Today, I came into extra funds, so I was able to purchase a renewal of my xenForo license for CoDForums.com, but I can't take all the credit. Thanks to @KeyboardDemon for his donation, his donation was instrumental to getting the renewal done. I paid off my server, and the license all at the same time. The reason for the wait is because in United States, we're facing a few issues, including the stimulus checks that has been held up by the government for 6 months. (Started in May 2020, but was publicly known in the summer, most notably in August 2020.)

Anyway, CoDForums is now running the latest update - 2.2. Most of the new features are good for the admins, the biggest feature is the Progressive Web App (PWA for short), you can now save CoDForums to your home screen. [I'll have to fix that from the ACP side soon.] Other features include upvote/downvote/best answer feature. You'll have a few features as you start a thread, just look for "question," and it will turn your thread into a Q & A thread. I'll have to fix that, too, but that's what we have now.

Anyhoo... welcome to the latest version of xenForo! :)

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
That's awesome news, it has been a pleasure to help out, there a people in this community that have helped me get so much from playing CoD and making me feel welcome on these forums, my small donation was as much for you guys as it was for helping @Carlos make the forums even better for us all.

I can't wait to see how things look when all of the required tweaks and updates have been completed.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous

Just been checking out some of the new features​

Paragraph and heading formatting is in​

So if the option to pick font sizes
Drag and drop for adding images has returned.
Drag and drop for adding pictures.jpg

There is a better menu layout with the 3 dots for picking from more options.
Bettter menu layout.jpg
It looks great, I like it, I will check out the add to homepage option for my Android phone to see how that is, Tapatalk never seems to improve, sadly.

Well done @Carlos

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private

Just been checking out some of the new features​

Paragraph and heading formatting is in​

So if the option to pick font sizes
Drag and drop for adding images has returned.
View attachment 1445

There is a better menu layout with the 3 dots for picking from more options.
View attachment 1446
It looks great, I like it, I will check out the add to homepage option for my Android phone to see how that is, Tapatalk never seems to improve, sadly.

Well done @Carlos
I wanted you guys to discover that on your own. I have another surprise if you hover over my username. :p

Mycrospyder

Recruit
can you edit the information when uploading a profile banner? I don't see anywhere one what the recommended size of the banner should be. I "inspected" yours and it says 1168x250.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
can you edit the information when uploading a profile banner? I don't see anywhere one what the recommended size of the banner should be. I "inspected" yours and it says 1168x250.
Treat that section like a wallpaper. My banner is like the size of this page's bg. But I'll look at the options.

EDIT: I couldn't find any more information on profile banners in ACP, but I'll keep looking.

The way I did it was uploaded a "wallpaper" design, and positioned the wallpaper. So, just upload the image, just remember not to upload something too big when it comes to filesize, as the software (xenForo) saves a cached version of your wallpaper, for future edits.

Mycrospyder

Recruit
1168x250 seems to work fine although it's too long but being able to move the image left or right seems to help that. Just uploaded mine.

If ANYONE is looking for a graphic for their profile banner on CODForums...please remember your local graphics guy... ME.

Discord link in profile for anyone's request. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements