• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What is your favourite Call of Duty game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumara

Recruit
As I said in my introduction thread my favourite Call of Duty is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare check out why in my introduction thread :p so What is your favourite Call of Duty game?

illusen

Recruit
Hmm I'd probably have to say either CoD4 or MW2. I'd pick CoD4 for the campaigns and MW2 for the good multiplayer memories.

RetJoSek

Recruit
CoD4. Definitely. No doubts. I've said in the the forum for the game why, but I'll summarize. I've found the story-mode incredible. The ghillile suit mission is probably one of the best missions I have ever played. And it was really one of the most groundbreaking games of our era. Before then most of the FPS games were during the world war 2, and now since cod4, pretty much every FPS has been modern day. I'm really can't think of any disadvantages of this game.

Becco

Recruit
I don't mean to join the mindhive but I have to agree with CoD 4 being the best one, that story line and gameplay, besides all the awesome maps they had on multiplayer were awesome.

Alexisdv20

Recruit
I can easily say that the best Call of duty game was COD 4. It's a simple and awesome game. I mean every COD is good in his own way, but I think they just overdid the other, I mean all those killstreaks they added....

Frieza

Recruit
CoD single player is no factor for me, so in that regard MW2 is my favourite. It was almost perfect online, they just needed that one extra patch to fix the Grenade launchers and a few other bugs. It's a real shame they just left it how it is, I spent many hours on that game.

Kumara

Recruit
I agree with you all. CoD4 was truly a amazing piece of work. I also think MW2 was good but like CoD4 once the hackers/bugs weren't fixed never the same. :(

SkinTight

Recruit
My favorite Call of Duty would be Black Ops, the multiplayer was great as it offered a new category of weapons known as "special" which were the crossbows and the ballistic knife, it also brought new game types like wager matches and combat training. Black Ops was not only my favorite for the online multiplayer but you were able to play zombies, not just new maps but the original ones we all know and love. This is why Black Ops is my favorite Call of Duty.

thethirdeye

Recruit
Hands down, COD4 had to be my favorite game multiplayer wise and for the campaign. The multiplayer wasn't too clunky with things like care packages. The weapons in my opinion were pretty balanced compared to the others. The second best would definitely be Black Ops. I loved Nazi Zombies and the new weapons.

My favorite CoD game is CoD 4 because it had the strongest and most rewarding storyline. Such a climactic ending... It also brought in some of the best gameplay I've seen to date in an FPS that they still use. I believe it was the first game to use the engine it has, but am not entirely positive, so don't quote me on that. :)

dowdyrich

Recruit
I don't have as much time for online play as I would like so single player mode has always been a big point for me. So like the masses have spoken before my post, CoD4 it is. I like a great story line in any game I play and this is by far one of the best for a shooter, in my opinion.

apriapism

Recruit
For single player, it's a tie between Call of Duty 2, and Black ops. I really enjoyed the story in both games. As for multiplayer I'd have to go with

seafood

Recruit
I like MW3 the best. There are so many modes to play like team deathmatch, domination, etc. I just enjoy playing it more. I would spend hours and hours playing this game. I really like the gameplay.

WadeWilson

Recruit
So far, my favorite CoD game has been Black Ops. I have gotten so many hours of killing Zombies in and chilling with bros. I honestly loved those days where I could just kill zombies all night. Good times.

Khronic

Recruit
Gotta be CoD 2. Nothing will beat the days of coming home after a long day and shooting up Germans in Europe. I in fact still play it on my Xbox today, though not as much as I used to of course. Besides singleplayer, it had a great multiplayer which in my opinion paved the way for future CoD releases. Although the campaign for CoD games are starting to get a little dry, I've realized that gaming today is much different than it was yesterday.

visto

Recruit
First Black Ops. It's when I started to get really into the game. But after reading a lot of the responses, I think I may have to hit up a Gamestop soon and try some of the older ones...

Modern Warfare 2, by far.

Personally, the multiplayer in MW2 was far superior than anything before or after. The killstreak system was more or less perfected, in my opinion. For some reason in BO2, I find it more difficult to get killstreaks.

samb222

Recruit
Modern Warfare 2, hands down. I enjoyed MW1, but MW2 was my first COD game and boy did it leave a good impression.
Once I started winning every free for all I just found myself enjoying the game even more. From trying to get a Nuke to just messing about with friends in a private match quickscoping on Rust, I just found MW2 to be the most enjoyable game.

MW1 comes in at a close second, but nothing compares to MW2 in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements