• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What the hell is THIS racist/political BS doing in my Modern Warfare Game!!!!???

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
MWblm.jpg

If it's racist to hold up a sign that says WHITE LIVES MATTER (which it is) then it's JUST as racist to hold up a sign that says BLACK LIVES MATTER or ASIAN LIVES MATTER....

Specifying a group for consideration of lives mattering SOLELY based on race is the text book definition of racism...

VERY disappointed in MW and the moron who thought this was a good idea should be fired..

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Centuries of black people being enslaved and persecuted for the color of their skin does give the Black Lives Matter slogan some powerful meaning, I don't think there are anywhere near enough examples of white being persecuted by blacks for the same to hold true the other way around.

The only 1 I can think of right now is when whites were forced to leave their farms and homes in Zimbabwe, and I don't have the time or the energy to look that up and check that I have got that reference right or how far back it goes in terms of the history.

So that might be a product of my education not covering how the blacks set out to travel the world and conquer the whites, in which case I am open to being corrected, but my understanding of history was it has always been the blacks, Asians and generally the non-white races that were subjected to oppressive regimes and having the people taking from their lands to be used as slaves or taking the riches from their lands to fund armies and more wars.

If I saw someone holding up a "White Lives Matter" banner, I would think it was really weird and give that person a clear birth.

I personally feel that until we have such a time when there is no openly blatant racism and until we live in a time when all people can believe that it is not acceptable for a person to take the life of another because of the color of their skin, then we need to be told that it's not acceptable to think and act this way. I don't like seeing the message, not because of what the message says, but because I don't feel comfortable being reminded that this is still a thing in the world today.

For the people that don't like seeing the sign, I wonder if you have some of that same sentiment in you and that discomfort is what's driving you to try and get the sign removed.

It is not my intention to insult, politicize or otherwise provoke anyone with this response, if I have said anything that's crosses lines in your minds or otherwise makes you feel unhappy with me in any way then I will apologize now, but I do feel that this anger towards the notice is misdirected. In my opinion, the notices are not the real issue, the real issue is the problem that we should be trying to resolve and that problem is trying to overcome all forms of prejudice and the behaviors it leads to.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I understand and respect what you are saying..

But everything you mentioned has happened is far into the annals of history..

There is not a black American today who has been a slave.. There is not a white (or black) American today who has been a slave owner..

My overriding question to all of this is simple..

How can we move past the annals of history if it's constantly being being brought up as a political cudgel to beat political opponents over the head with??

Institutionalized racism in this country is dead.. It died the day we elected a black American as President Of The United States.. A black American that I voted for..

There will always be racists, just as there will always be hate...

We give both the racists and the haters power when we constantly glorify their actions...

When we say racism from black people is perfectly acceptable, but racism from white people is very bad...

In any given year, 96% of all black Americans killed in America are killed by other black Americans.. In that same given year, .08% of all black Americans killed in America are killed by cops, both black and white..

What does this look like in real numbers??

Given that 10,000 black Americans are killed yearly (an accurate estimation) 9600 of those are killed by other black Americans...

Do you know how many are killed by cops?? 8

EIGHT black Americans are killed by cops in American in a year where 10,000 black Americans die...

Yet.. NINETY SIX THOUSAND are killed by other black Americans..

Given these numbers (and while the exact numbers may not be exactly accurate, the proportion is) you can certainly understand why a reasonable logical and rational person might conclude that, apparently, black lives DON'T much matter to black Americans...

Granted, this is an over simplification of the issue, but my point is simple..

We need to get away from "black" Americans or "white" Americans or "asian" Americans..

We are all Americans.. Period..

How can we move forward as Americans if there are groups of people out there who keep bringing up the divisions and the labels that have fallen by the wayside of history??

That's the question that none of the activists who have a political stake in dividing us have an answer for..

Peace out...

As to answering your specific questions...

I have yet to master the quote feature in this forum so bear with me..

If I saw someone holding up a "White Lives Matter" banner, I would think it was really weird and give that person a clear birth.

Just as I would give someone who is holding a BLACK LIVES MATTER a wide berth... Because anyone who singles out a single race above other races is a racist.. ALL lives matter is the ONLY appropriate sign to show, in my not so humble opinion...

For the people that don't like seeing the sign, I wonder if you have some of that same sentiment in you and that discomfort is what's driving you to try and get the sign removed.

I am of the opinion that there is a time and place for everything.. You don't go to a friend's birthday party and start slinging around political slogans and politically based accusations.. It's neither the time, nor the place...

If I go to a concert or a football game, I am not there to listen to political preaching.. I am there to listen to music or watch a game.. I don't want to see the players disrespect our flag or our anthem and I don't want to listen to some political rhetoric from some know-nothing musician..

And when I load up Modern Warfare, I don't want to be immersed in racist BS that is pushing a political agenda that I don't agree with..

If I want activism, I can visit one of a hundreds or thousands of forums and indulge in activism One of my favorite places for that is www.chrisweigant.com If I want politics, I can go there... If you like political forums, you might give "Weigantia" a try.. Fair warning.. It's 99.9% Left Wingers and me.. :D

But, I don't need nor desire it to have it stuffed down my throat everywhere I turn...

When I am in the game, that's MY TIME, not anyone else's.. Just give me what I paid for and push the political activism in places where it's appropriate..

The fact that I placed this comment in the appropriate forum for it, is exactly my point.. People don't want to see political activism in a forum about an online game.. I assume there are many who feel the same way...

As you, it's not my goal to piss anyone off.. I just want to vent that I am so tired of all the political BS invading every facet of my life...

And totally against my will...

Again.. Peace out.. :D

In short... (TOO Late :D) All I am saying is that this sort of one sided political activism is not appropriate in Modern Warfare online gaming..

If TPTB (ThePowersThatBe) want to have a BLACK LIVES MATTER section, then they damn well better put up a PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR 4 MORE YEARS section as well..

THAT would make it non-divisive at all..

But by having it so one-sided, TPTB are creating the exact divisiveness they claim to be against...

That's my point..

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiseowl

Recruit
I really didn’t want to be included with all this politic stuff but so much stuff has been said l might aswel!

Yes history says blacks definitely had it hard when they shouldn’t have gone through it!

Yes blacks get killed by cops and I’m guessing all other skin colours have too. All races have died or gone through some horrible crap of police misconduct. All lives matter! Nobody should have to go through any BS of this kind.
It’s about time these dickheads stop getting employed, and maybe if anybody makes a complaint about a dirty ass cop, it should get taken seriously and fully investigated, so it prevents some deaths.

We shouldn’t have constant reminders of another fucked up problem to this world in our game. I understand in a way if it was activisions way of showing some respect towards it but maybe they should’ve made a skin of some kind in memorance. All money goes to some sort of charity that could maybe help stop all this nonsense!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
This is the only time I'm going to say this: I am in solidarity with the brown (ahem; black) community. They don't deserve this kind of discrimination hurled at them. I'm latino, and I've seen this discrimination up front and personal from whites.

I'll share two stories that may change your thinking on racism here in U.S. About 2 and a half years ago, I was arrested by a white man. I was defending a friend of mine who was getting griefed by this officer. Instead of arresting her, he arrested me. He grabbed my arm, threw me on the ground, had a few officers impale me down. The same exact way George Floyd was. Same way. Same exact. I have a knee scab to show for this police brutality. Still visible today.

Another situation is a white girl, who happened to be my boss. The minute I got in there, she was always harassing me while doing my job. One day, she and I got into a big argument, and I remember it clearly as day: She wanted to choke me. She made this angry face, with her hands like "grr," I reported it to her boss, the next rung in management, and she left the company. (Not sure if she quit, or was fired. I don't care, as long as she's gone, and/or leave me alone.)

This is something I already have been seeing before all this started. Furthermore, racism is rampant on Call of Duty games for years. This shit ain't new, guys. See for yourself...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2kOSo4krn0

That's even when I have a nice merciless run, with a Juggernaut ending. I'm latino, but I hear that, and I saw this as "nothing new." Happened in COD4, happened in MW2, and so on.

Black folks have it worse though. In 1992, police pulled over a black man, pulled him out of the car, pulled out their batons and started beating him up. It was recorded on a Los Angeles highway, and was aired the next day. Riots broke out months later, because there was no social media. There was no way to mobilize easier.

Oscar Grant was enjoying his 2009 New Year's Eve, only to be pulled out of a train station. That station was called Fruitvale Station in Oakland. The officer had most of the blacks on his group lined up on one side, and they halted the Bart train... Everyone was on their phones, Social Media exists at this point. Livestreams exists at this point. You don't need the media for this. Officer "intended" to bring out his taser, but instead brings out his gun. Killed Oscar Grant, who was a black man being restrained by officers. Shot. On the back. Unarmed.

Next day. Riots.

George Floyd was not shot, but was murdered by an officer's knee. I'm not falling for the "accident" bullshit. 8 Minutes. You knew you were putting your weight on that dude's neck! Bullshit.

So, this racism needs to stop. And someone's gotta speak out against the officers.

ReaperD

Recruit
Centuries of black people being enslaved and persecuted for the color of their skin does give the Black Lives Matter slogan some powerful meaning, I don't think there are anywhere near enough examples of white being persecuted by blacks for the same to hold true the other way around.

The only 1 I can think of right now is when whites were forced to leave their farms and homes in Zimbabwe, and I don't have the time or the energy to look that up and check that I have got that reference right or how far back it goes in terms of the history.

So that might be a product of my education not covering how the blacks set out to travel the world and conquer the whites, in which case I am open to being corrected, but my understanding of history was it has always been the blacks, Asians and generally the non-white races that were subjected to oppressive regimes and having the people taking from their lands to be used as slaves or taking the riches from their lands to fund armies and more wars.

I personally feel that until we have such a time when there is no openly blatant racism and until we live in a time when all people can believe that it is not acceptable for a person to take the life of another because of the color of their skin, then we need to be told that it's not acceptable to think and act this way. I don't like seeing the message, not because of what the message says, but because I don't feel comfortable being reminded that this is still a thing in the world today.

It is not my intention to insult, politicize or otherwise provoke anyone with this response, if I have said anything that's crosses lines in your minds or otherwise makes you feel unhappy with me in any way then I will apologize now, but I do feel that this anger towards the notice is misdirected. In my opinion, the notices are not the real issue, the real issue is the problem that we should be trying to resolve and that problem is trying to overcome all forms of prejudice and the behaviors it leads to.
I am completely disappointed to see this game turn political and advertise support for the most RACIST GROUP in the world ,Why are we the people that spend our money for this game be submitted to something we do not support ,Every time i log in its in my face ,Your forcing us without the option of turning it off to be expose to this nonsense of racism.

We all have our different opinions on it and it should not be advertised on a game and forced on everyone that does not agree with this racist ideology ,Some like it and some don't ,I am completely insulted for the disregard for the players that do not support this its a disgrace and a slap in the face for us in the community that do not support this ,It should be either turned off or give each player the option to turn it on or off for themselves if that's what they want it.

CrackPOT

Recruit
I don't like the Idea that game developers pushing politics in a game THATS BULLSHIT!!!. ALL LIVE MATTER NOT JUST BACK LIVES! I play games so I don't have to watch or listen to politics. I get enough of that shit on the news!!! I will never buy another COD game PERIOD!!!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I'm only going to say this once: Calm down or I am locking this thread. The other threads on this issue are locked because of angry posts, and angry arguments. Not your opinions.

As long as you can discuss the issue(s) calmly, I will keep this thread open. First and last warning.

Tinklegaming

Recruit
Don't think we will ever move past what actually happened many moons ago, once we get past this "Colour" Malarkey the better the world will be end of. All live's Matter we are all human living on this very small planet.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Don't think we will ever move past what actually happened many moons ago, once we get past this "Colour" Malarkey the better the world will be end of. All live's Matter we are all human living on this very small planet.
Aswel as the game l now have to see that same racist sign on my TV! I pay to watch Sky Tv in the UK, it’s on their menu screen!

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Don't want to start a brawl.. Don't want to start an argument...

Just want a simple answer to a simple question and I'll leave it there with a THANX to whomever replies...

Due to my crappy internet connection, Season 4 will be a multi-day download for me...

Is there any BLM content in Season 4??

I just want to know so I don't download something I'll never play again...

Thanx in advance...

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Nope. Most of the annoying BLM messaging is gone except the lobby screen. Not sure about PC, but it's gone on my PS4. Business as Usual.

Ev0lEmz

Recruit
Well theres 2 ways of addressing your query , one is to rant and shout and the other is to try to inform via reasoned debate , I will try the later but if it doesn't work I wont lose sleep and im sure neither will you..

Try and expand your horizon past your existence and experiences and picture your self in a world where a cop can kill a friend ,a cousin, a family member etc and get away with it in front of the world , then imagine that man was your uncle , your father , your cousin , then think how that would make you feel. wouldn't u A fear for ur families life , B want to protect ur family and C make you feel anger at a system that can seemingly get away with murder in front of the world .. Add insult to injury you have a group of ppl that protest that you are angry and hurt and protest to silence your voice, as if to say u have now right to be angry at the death of one of your own take it , your not equal to us .. I think under all those circumstance any one would be pis*ed off , It really cant be beyond you comprehension to work out why there is such an outcry and why its become such an issue

Try not to make the indefensible right just because u feel a bit hurt from a few days of protest when and I will proudly say this black brothers and sisters have had centuries of this BS , black and white we all bleed we all want to just get by in life and at the end of the day go home in peace to our families and loved ones .. and no I am not black , but I have the good sense to be able to understand when ppl are hurting and not get upset over a banner in a video game. Its kinda trivial compared don't you think ? ps I do know the officer is facing charges now ? yes of course I do but how long did it take for him to be arrested , I challenge you to watch the video and not conclude the officers action caused the death or my Floyd its not really rocket science , whatever Mr Floyds misdemeanor was do u really think it was justified for him to loose his life over ? don't be fooled and don't take the bait of us vs them, History is full of conflicts where governments have pitted 1 group of ppl vs another although the moist chilling aspect is that your now being pitted between fellow country men vs fellow country men and that outcome can mean only one thing , civial war ,Is that what your really want ? Its great to run around a map with a gun in cod but its another to have to defend ur life and or take the life of someone else. There are no respawn in RL.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements