• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Will MW2 have Zombies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zaki

So i know it is Infinity Ward not Treyarch but do you think there will be a ZOMBIE MODE in the next game? The settings are really different but i think it would be eerie and quite fun to have zombies roaming around a modern day battlefield.

Woody

Recruit
No one can be sure yet, but like you say it is a different developer for Modern Warfare 2 so i doubt it.

If you watch the video from E3 a bit down the page you'll hear them talk about a 'Special Ops' mode, which you'll be able to play as co-op multiplayer with specially designed maps and levels. There are rumours you'll be fighting against some form of heavily armoured elite soldiers, but humans.
I'm sure it will still be fun, just a bit more realistic than nazi zombies... a bit more fitting for the game ;)

Brutus

Recruit
like woody said i think there might be a mode a bit like zombie mode but it wont be zombies it will be humans. it will probably be really hard and lots of fun still i hope

zEvArAnO

Recruit
Woody is right... I did hear about the Special Ops... not sure, if it will be in the game for sure or not. Hopefully it will be, because it sounds like a fun idea, going around killing stuff. IW always makes the best choices.

I think it will be more like the survival mode in Gears of War than the actual zombie mode. They are taking a lot of suggestions, so I'd assume they will put SOMETHING in.

start

Recruit
No one can be sure yet, but like you say it is a different developer for Modern Warfare 2 so i doubt it.

If you watch the video from E3 a bit down the page you'll hear them talk about a 'Special Ops' mode, which you'll be able to play as co-op multiplayer with specially designed maps and levels. There are rumours you'll be fighting against some form of heavily armoured elite soldiers, but humans.
I'm sure it will still be fun, just a bit more realistic than nazi zombies... a bit more fitting for the game ;)

Nice. This is exactly how Rogue Spear (1999) was. You could do co-op up to six people I believe and fight terrorists on different levels as specified. I actually like this idea more than zombies or fighting waves of soldiers in Gears of War 2. It's way more realistic and something different.

diggs

Recruit
I hope they have co-op or zombies in the game. It defeintely changes things up when playing the regular game gets boring.

JohnFraser

Recruit
I got Left4Dead just to kill the zombies, if MW2 has zombies ill buy two copies just for double the zombie killing. One for xbox and the other for PC.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I can now confirm: NO ZOMBIES IN MW2.

Source: MW2COD

Instead it will be replaced by Special Ops. The mode is kinda similar in a way, instead of zombies, or hordes in Gears of War, you're going to fight a bunch of enemies in MW2.

And I am FINE with that. :) Zombies in WAW was cool, but not in this modern world, I'm sorry. Just....No.

KCalpha14

Recruit
I can now confirm: NO ZOMBIES IN MW2.

Source: MW2COD

Instead it will be replaced by Special Ops. The mode is kinda similar in a way, instead of zombies, or hordes in Gears of War, you're going to fight a bunch of enemies in MW2.

And I am FINE with that. :) Zombies in WAW was cool, but not in this modern world, I'm sorry. Just....No.

Thanks, would of been another great add-on reward and it would definately add more replay value, maybe they will subsitute it with something else?

Nice. This is exactly how Rogue Spear (1999) was. You could do co-op up to six people I believe and fight terrorists on different levels as specified. I actually like this idea more than zombies or fighting waves of soldiers in Gears of War 2. It's way more realistic and something different.

can i just say that there will be zombies in mw2 because there is a teddy bear in the first trailer of mw2 exactly like the one in cod:waw so why would they make a special ops co-op mode with a teddy bear in it :confused: nope theres guna be zombies and the ppl saying oh trearch is different to infinity ward so thay wont put zombies in well there weren't any zombies in cod 3 so why did they put zombies in there second game hmm :(. well i think zombies in mw2 will be a kick ass way to get alot more cha£$£$£$ching than no zombies and dont forget they dont make games to make us happy they make games to make money so yeah zombies will be in mw2 and if there not suck my balls infinity ward.... and i mean that in a nice way :D

Silence036

Recruit
Hmm i just wanted to add that there is no matchmaking for SpecOps, either you play alone or invite a friend.

And for some reason i don't like it as much as zombies, as in i played it once, beat it, then i just stopped playing it, whereas in the zombie mode it was never ending and you just couldnt beat the zombie mode. And how would it hurt to put it in game ?

Players who liked it could play it, and the others could have fun doing... whatever they wanted to do instead...

And multiplayer is epic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements