• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Battlefield 4 or Modern Warfare 4?

NasAssassin

Recruit
Which game do you think will be the best selling leading AAA, first person shooter game of this year?
EA released a 17 minute teaser of BF4 just recently and it looks really impressive.
How do you think Activision and Infinity Ward will better that?

I think Modern Warfare 4 will sell more than Battlefield 4 just because it's Call of Duty. Most Youtube commentaries/gameplays are on Call of Duty, not too many people upload Battlefield. Maybe that will change, but just because of it's reputation, I feel that MW4 will sell more than BF4.

apriapism

Recruit
Modern warfare 4, for sure. It has the larger community, there's always tons of videos on youtube, commentaries, and competitions being played on it. I never really saw as many for BF3 like I do for CoD.

Honestly I think the fanbases will just stick with what they like. No matter how good looking BF4 is, those who are into the CoD series will still get MF4 even if they pick up battlefield. Either way, I'm sure Modern Warfare will bring the goods as always. :)

Khronic

Recruit
I will most likely pickup both, BF4 for the PC and MW4 for the 360. I think that MW4 will be better, but this is like comparing apples to oranges. Battlefield is traditionally vehicle and infantry combat whereas CoD multiplayer is infantry. This may be changing from what I've seen from the BF4 trailer, but we'll see.

samb222

Recruit
I personally will be picking up both MW4 and BF4, hopefully on the nextgen consoles (PS4 anyone? :p)
But MW4 will sell more for sure. Activision spend millions on advertising and COD sales have been increasing rapidly over the past few years. However BF3 sold quite well, so hopefully the fanbase is increasing for that too. But no doubt, MW4 will sell more, even if it's just for the fact it's part of the COD series!

CrispyEggos

Recruit
I've always favored CoD over the Battlefield series. As mentioned, BF is more open, vehicular warfare and Call of Duty is a bit more close-quarters and fast-paced. I enjoy that...it's just the type of game I like. But I do commend BF on how well it has done and how great BF 4 looks.

samb222

Recruit
I've always favored CoD over the Battlefield series. As mentioned, BF is more open, vehicular warfare and Call of Duty is a bit more close-quarters and fast-paced. I enjoy that...it's just the type of game I like. But I do commend BF on how well it has done and how great BF 4 looks.
Yeah, I agree. But when BF released their Close Quarters DLC I really found myself playing it over COD. I just found it a great experience really haha, although the graphics were, in my opinion, sub-par unless you were playing on PC.

visto

Recruit
Battlefield 4 couldn't possible hurt EA's reputation any more, so there's that...

Always preferred COD though. Battlefield to me is the poor man's COD

datdude910

Recruit
Battlefield Four because it get's better and better each year. COD has kind of reached it's peak and I don't think it will improve much more.

kamy

Recruit
I think Battlefield 4 as last year most people went from call of duty to battlefield also as datdude910 said cod has reached there peak there is not much to do unless if they start making the game like battlefield. But i do prefer battlefield to call of duty.

thethirdeye

Recruit
Although I prefer Call of Duty games, if they aren't innovative this time around I might go with Battlefield 4. I think of Battlefield as more of a relaxing game, as it takes less skill to be good at than Call of Duty. I really can't wait to see what they do with the next-gen consoles, though!

GoodGorilla

Recruit
To be honest I think that those games will sell about the same amount of copys. Battlefield players will stick to battlefield and Call Of Duty players will stick with call of duty. They both will be great and in reality you can't compare them. Battlefield is more of a war simulator and call of duty is a fun arcade styled game.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements