• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Xbox Live COD 2 Now compatible for Xbox One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic34

Recruit
The title says it all. Call of Duty 2 is now part of the Xbox One backwards compatibility program. With it and Black Ops 1 part of this program, how much longer until the others between Classic and Ghosts are available. Even with the likely remaster for the Modern Warfare trilogy, there will still be a huge market and opening for the 3 games to be part of the program, even if those take longer than the other games. How much longer, then?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The title says it all. Call of Duty 2 is now part of the Xbox One backwards compatibility program. With it and Black Ops 1 part of this program, how much longer until the others between Classic and Ghosts are available. Even with the likely remaster for the Modern Warfare trilogy, there will still be a huge market and opening for the 3 games to be part of the program, even if those take longer than the other games. How much longer, then?
I told you last time: The Modern Warfare Trilogy replaces the 3 individual games. That will be the one in the BC list.

Toxic34

Recruit
Yes, but how long till the other games in the series in between Classic and Ghosts receive the backwards compatibility treatment? Also, since you've said that the remastered trilogy will replace the individual games, you did say that since remastered and backards compatibility can co-exist, there's good chance that sometime after the remastered collection comes out, they'll bring the individual games into backwards compatibility to appeal to those who don't want to buy the remaster. Xbox's website still treats theBioShock series as coming to backwards compatibility despite the remastered collection release coming up.

I want to make it clear that I'm not naïve. Of course the remastered collection will come out first and be the first priority. I'm not saying otherwise. But, I think when the dust has settled, they'll get around to backwards compatibility, even if it will take a long time. That said, ho much longer until Classic, 3, World at War, Black Ops 2 and Ghosts get the backwards compatibility treatment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Yes, but how long till the other games in the series in between Classic and Ghosts receive the backwards compatibility treatment? Also, since you've said that the remastered trilogy will replace the individual games, you did say that since remastered and backards compatibility can co-exist, there's good chance that sometime after the remastered collection comes out, they'll bring the individual games into backwards compatibility to appeal to those who don't want to buy the remaster. Xbox's website still treats theBioShock series as coming to backwards compatibility despite the remastered collection release coming up.
The Trilogy isn't a remaster, it's a bundle of the 3 Modern Warfare games. I don't know what the additions or subtractions there were for the game, but it's there to satisfy two things: Previous Gen owners (PS3 & Xbox 360 owners) for this year, and eventually to be considered for BC program. Activision realized that BC program inspired a sales spike for the individual games listed elsewhere. It just takes a long time for a company of Microsoft's stature to make the actual game Backward Compatible. Like I said before: It isn't a copy & paste job. Modern Warfare Remastered replaces the BC option for COD4. If players don't like that, and Activision realizes that... They'll "ok" the COD4 BC option to Microsoft. It's up to the developers/publishers, really.

Then, there's the rights issue. One can't simply just slap a game into any kind of BC program, it's the same thing that's going on with Virtual Console, or a lesser extent: PSN.
I want to make it clear that I'm not naïve. Of course the remastered collection will come out first and be the first priority. I'm not saying otherwise. But, I think when the dust has settled, they'll get around to backwards compatibility, even if it will take a long time. That said, ho much longer until Classic, 3, World at War, Black Ops 2 and Ghosts get the backwards compatibility treatment?
Very long. Right now, they don't want to cannibalize sales for Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements