• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

CODForums is now on xenForo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
We've moved CODForums from vB4 to xenforo!

This is not the first that I've used xenforo. I own and operate a few other websites that are powered by xenforo. I have been testing the viability of the software for months.

I gave vBulletin a lot of chances to return me the investment that I put into the software, instead the company has churned out a lot of buggy releases. With the last update, I got fed up. A set of circumstances have returned me a really nice check from vB devs. So, with this check, I was able to acquire an xenForo license for CODForums!

There are a few things to know in order for you to get used to the software - All of your profile options are on the breadcrumb navigation above. There's your username, which drops down like facebook would if you click your options tab. There is your inbox, your alerts, and log out.

The alerts is where xenforo shines. Like facebook, you get these notifications that allow you to stay on the top of what's going on at CODForums. These alerts give you alert on:

Being quoted - yes, if someone quotes your message, you're alerted. If you quote them back, they will be alerted. You can like posts themselves as if you were on facebook. In the Xbox world, there are achievements, in the PlayStation world, there's trophies - With xenForo, you can earn trophies, through doing different actions, for example, if you earn a specific amount of "likes," you earn a trophy. :)

I hope you like these features to keep you coming back!

In the next few days, and weeks I will continue to tweak, modify the site as I see fit. If you would like to make suggestions, please respond.

Funky Jammer

Funky Asshole
It looks alot clearner and nicer, however, you did get a nice sum of money so the investment was good overall.

Just got thebuggest fan of these.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
To private message someone, click on a user's avatar, and you'll be given a popup box - this is the member card. You can follow, start a conversation (the new PM system), or go to a member's profile.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I have been seeing some people who embedded their signature in the actual post.

Just an FYI, your signature option is in your username where it drops down and gives you all these options just like you would look for options on facebook.

IcEWoLF

Recruit
The forums load a lot quicker than vBulletin, SEO function built in is just awesome.
XenForo has a long way to go, but I like what they have so far. Many of the features I can only dream of vBulletin getting.
The Instant notification is just awesome, especially for large boards to keep their users active.
I like how the quick reply option also extends whenever you are making a large reply instead of having to scroll.
Have you considered adding XenPortal to the front page so you can use that as an announcement area/blog section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements