• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Gigantic updates made by mentally retarded people

Who hates this company more and more with every update released?

• I do

• No, I prefer to have my entire hard drive consist of one game.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have one very simple question:

What in the flying fuck could you possibly be adding to the game that requires one 30GB update after another??

This is a very genuine question. For a single 30GB update we should be getting a whole new Verdansk or something, but considering there have been like 4 of these HUGE updates adding easily 100GB of basically nothing to the game, why is there literally no perceptible changes 90% of the time? Oh, you added a domination map and a couple guns, WHY IS IT 30GB THEN?? 30GB is an entire game!! Not an update for bug fixes! I can't stress enough how much I dislike your company and will not be buying another COD game. Even if I wanted to, MY XBOX DOESN'T HAVE STORAGE SPACE. Oh, you say delete unused portions of the game? NO, just make reasonably sized updates instead of the goliath shit-filled wastes of storage you have released thus far. I shouldn't have to pay money for the game, then be forced to delete aspects of the game because you can't compress a fucking update down to a reasonable size. So sick of it.

I'm on pc and I have to hardrives with 450gb each...yet with MW, D2, and FH4 installed I have no more space. I can't update the game any further even if I wanted to. This is utter bullshit and completely inexcusable!

Wiseowl

Recruit
What happened to me is l needed 25-30 gb free Space even tho l already had about 94gb free. Finally installs, go to play and then it said multiplayer pack two got suspended installing,
Continue Downloading for another 3 and a half gb’s.
I had to delete the first Last of Us game which is about 43gb to get any of it to download.

And yes now it’s all downloaded l see that the game is between 1-2 gb’s bigger before download. I now have just under 140gb free space???

What in the flying fuck could you possibly be adding to the game that requires one 30GB update after another??

This is a very genuine question. For a single 30GB update we should be getting a whole new Verdansk or something, but considering there have been like 4 of these HUGE updates adding easily 100GB of basically nothing to the game, why is there literally no perceptible changes 90% of the time? Oh, you added a domination map and a couple guns, WHY IS IT 30GB THEN?? 30GB is an entire game!! Not an update for bug fixes! I can't stress enough how much I dislike your company and will not be buying another COD game. Even if I wanted to, MY XBOX DOESN'T HAVE STORAGE SPACE. Oh, you say delete unused portions of the game? NO, just make reasonably sized updates instead of the goliath shit-filled wastes of storage you have released thus far. I shouldn't have to pay money for the game, then be forced to delete aspects of the game because you can't compress a fucking update down to a reasonable size. So sick of it.
I am so sick of it too. I wanna play and chill but these days everything about it gets on my nerves badly!!!

It's definitely really frustrating. I think the continued updates being massive downloads and players getting pissed points further to the fact that this game and others are crying out for the release of the Xbox Series X and PS5 so that storage and download sizes are more optimized. I'm sure they will do their best to decrease the update sizes but until the new consoles release later this year, I think it's still going to be a drag.

CrackPOT

Recruit
It's definitely really frustrating. I think the continued updates being massive downloads and players getting pissed points further to the fact that this game and others are crying out for the release of the Xbox Series X and PS5 so that storage and download sizes are more optimized. I'm sure they will do their best to decrease the update sizes but until the new consoles release later this year, I think it's still going to be a drag.

I have been playing FPS since 1998 ( Starting with Tribes, Tribes2, Unreal Tournamnet, Halo ETC. ETC. ) and I have never had a game updated as much as this game. They should just fix the damn game a leave the rest of the BS out of the game.

I wouldn't even mind the size if the game actually worked. I haven't been able to play since the season 4 update dropped. Im getting constant packet bursts and im teleporting around the map.

Every other game is fine with no connection problems even other callofduty games, but MW is running like a stop motion cartoon.

I have been playing FPS since 1998 ( Starting with Tribes, Tribes2, Unreal Tournamnet, Halo ETC. ETC. ) and I have never had a game updated as much as this game. They should just fix the damn game a leave the rest of the BS out of the game.

I completely agree, way too many updates. I found the same case with Fortnite and Apex Legends sometimes (both battle royale style games), lots of frequent large updates. Hopefully as hardware performance increases we can breeze through these updates and have much more storage available on consoles.

MUTTWEE79

Recruit

Totally agree my friend. What do we get exactly for these inordinately huge updated? Anew gun? Whoope doo. got "yawned" at for having the audacity to complain of the stupidly excessive updates by the "owner/staff of this forum.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Totally agree my friend. What do we get exactly for these inordinately huge updated? Anew gun? Whoope doo. got "yawned" at for having the audacity to complain of the stupidly excessive updates by the "owner/staff of this forum.
In the last few months we got:
- New maps.
- New Weapons.
- New Equipment (Spotter scope).
- New Warzone locations (Arena is open now).
- New Easter Eggs (There was a whole scavenger hunt for Black Ops Cold War going all the way to Season Two. Over the weekend we had a big one, the devs updated the game AS WE solved the puzzle..)
- Nerfs/Buffs.
- Bug fixes.
And so on...

Look at the timestamps on this thread, these are old complaints. The recent one is only 10GB on average.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I’m pretty sure l’ve heard the PS5 is only gonna come with 850 gb so not much difference from the PS4?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I’m pretty sure l’ve heard the PS5 is only gonna come with 850 gb so not much difference from the PS4?
Sony themselves said "patch updates are going away." I'm not entirely sure what they mean by it, but the hard drive is going to be quick so you're going to get updates quicker, and won't be as intrusive as it was on PS4/Xbox One. Activision's hotfix'es are another idea, where updates are applied to your account...?

Hopefully, in the long term these problems are solved.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Sony themselves said "patch updates are going away." I'm not entirely sure what they mean by it, but the hard drive is going to be quick so you're going to get updates quicker, and won't be as intrusive as it was on PS4/Xbox One. Activision's hotfix'es are another idea, where updates are applied to your account...?

Hopefully, in the long term these problems are solved.
Well if that bit is true about being applied to your account, that just sounds weird, doesn’t it? I know the next model is gonna be super fast but that doesn’t make games as a whole with or without updates better on the ps5, they are going to be bigger, and if 850 gb is true, then it really isn’t gonna make that much difference for storage. One of the reasons why l was looking forward to the next one is cos l thought they would really consider about how much storage they would give us as standard. 350gb on top is nothing!

I’ve also heard that the average price for a game is gonna be £80/$85, which is also disappointing and shocking!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Well if that bit is true about being applied to your account, that just sounds weird, doesn’t it? I know the next model is gonna be super fast but that doesn’t make games as a whole with or without updates better on the ps5, they are going to be bigger, and if 850 gb is true, then it really isn’t gonna make that much difference for storage. One of the reasons why l was looking forward to the next one is cos l thought they would really consider about how much storage they would give us as standard. 350gb on top is nothing!

I’ve also heard that the average price for a game is gonna be £80/$85, which is also disappointing and shocking!
When you load up your CODMW copy, you don't see the hotfix thing working in the background? That's what I meant. When updates come through, you should see a "An update is required" and the game reboots.

Those are called "hotfix," rather than a full-on patch update like the one we got on tuesday.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Plot twist. After installing the 30gb update, the game is at basically the same size as it was before the update (No idea where the 30gbs keep going)
If you imagine your game is like a favorite pair of jeans, the updates are like bits of material that are added to places where you have holes, kind of like a 'patch', and maybe that's why updates are called patches.

It's a big game, no doubt, but when they bring out patches all they are really doing is removing old parts of the game to replace them with new parts that might not be causing the issues that led them to create the patch in the first place.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements