1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What was your favourite mission on CoD4?

Discussion in 'Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by RetJoSek, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SkinTight

SkinTight Recruit

Nothing beats that sniper mission. That was just freaking awesome.

2. GoodGorilla

GoodGorilla Recruit

All Ghillied Up was also my favourite mission. Sneaking trough Chernobyl with the awesome views and great bacground music was epic. It had a great feel to it and was amazingly fun. The stealthy approach really made it stand out, and it wouldn't be as good if you just wen't around and shot everyone.

3. bsge11

bsge11 Recruit

I agree that All Ghllied up was the best. It was really scary but fun to play. It was like you were in a real life situation. Especially laying on the ground while the enemies and the tank rolled by.

4. Documental

Documental Recruit

All Ghillied Up was easily the highlight of this game, it had such an atmosphere around it and the ending to that missions was fantastic.

5. supr3mefx

supr3mefx Recruit

Personally, I prefer the sniping missions and I love the one where you have to carry Cpt. Price and defend yourself against various waves of enemies. In my opinion, that part of the game really makes the bond between Price and Soap a lot stronger and get's you involved and invested even more into the story. Furthermore, there is a good need for strategy while defending yourself and waiting for the rescue team to come.
    P.S. I hate those dogs :D

6. GoldenWrapper

GoldenWrapper Recruit

No doubt "All Ghillied Up." This mission just puts Adrenaline in your blood and gets your heart racing. I really have not felt that from any other mission in ALL of Call of Duty. It's super fun and I could play it over and over. In fact, I think I may head back to COD4 right now and take a trip to the past haha.

7. TehAwfulWaffle

TehAwfulWaffle Recruit

All Ghillied Up is also my favorite, but I'm also quite fond of Charlie Don't Surf. All Ghillied up is just a classic stealth mission that they have yet to out-do themselves on, and Charlie Don't Surf felt like a plausible scenario for actual modern combat.

8. persiankid400

persiankid400 Recruit

As pretty much everyone said, All Ghillied Up. I love using snipers, and one shot kills are awesome. Just sneaking around, taking people out was pretty real for me at the time, and I enjoyed it immensely.

9. Kaymen1

Kaymen1 Recruit

All Ghillied Up (surprise!) and one of the missions in Iraq, where you are looking for Al-Azhad (i think it's the first or second Iraq mission). Don't really need to say anything about All Ghillied Up, but I liked the Iraq mission, because it really captured the essence of the game. Felt like real war, with all these different squads working against/together. And the mission's story was pretty cool, too.

10. oscarmikewhiskey

I have a tie it had to be: Charlie don't surf or The mission where you are in the AC-130 supporting ground troops. Charlie don't surf gave me an eye into what soldiers in the middle east were facing and i enjoyed that thoroughly the game play in that level was exemplary and gave me a great connection to that game. The AC-130 mission was the added fun level that took you into a gunship and let you blast baddies from a bird's eye view truly an amazing mission for its time in the call of duty timeline.

11. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Exactly my pick! I've never played anything like it before on ANY game system. The visuals and secrecy of the mission made my heart skip a few beats and I felt that I was really there! I remember being so frightened that a tank would roll over me as I lied down in that big field.

12. Aplentyofmoney

Aplentyofmoney Recruit

All campaign was pretty good in my opinion, and without doubt "All Ghillied Up" Was one of the best missions on the game, but the next mission "One Shot, One Kill" is the best for me, when you sniper with the Barret M82 and you need to calculate wind speed in order to take down the target, and then to flee and get to the extraction point where you get near that Ferris Wheel and you need to shoot countless enemies until the chopper comes for extraction, it is so thrilling.

13. GlacialDoom_Imported3

Either "All Ghillied Up" for its difficulty, or the Al-Asad television station one, because when I was younger and I played CoD 4, I had great difficulty in completing this one due to the overwhelming number of terrorists inside the station.

14. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 Recruit

No surprises, All Ghillied Up, but also the follow-up mission where Captain McMillan is injured and you have to await extraction.
    Honorable mentions also to the AC130 mission and the one in Azerbaijan (I think?) where you have to hold the line against the enemy trying to retake the farmhouse up the hill that you took a few missions previous.
    Also, hands down the hardest mission on Veteran is the second to last, where you have to disarm the missiles in flight, going through the bunker. Took me months to beat that on Veteran.

I think All Ghillied Up is really one of my most memorable moments in gaming. Everything from the marked change of pace, the amazing music (that we have Stephen Barton to thank for), the ambiance, and the feeling of elite you get from following McMillan's lead.
    It's a truly unique and standout mission, and I think they tried to replicate it to a degree in following games, with no success. If you're wondering, I'm thinking when you meet Reznov in World At War and snipe through the city, and the mission in the snow on Modern Warfare 2 where you infiltrate a hanger with Price. They felt like they tried to recreate the feeling, and though very good missions (and among my favorites on those respective games), they simply can't live up to the astonishing mark that All Ghillied Up left on most players.

15. nusster

nusster Recruit

Hm, I came here without a clear name of the mission in mind and I honestly thought I was the only who liked it, but then I came here and everyone is already saying they love that some mission. Crazy. None of my friends liked All Ghillied Up so that's why I probably presumed nobody like it either. Glad to be on a forum with some like minded people.