• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Winning gunfights in BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Right I just have 3 camos left to complete, mounted shots are not that tough to beat and they can help with getting those long shots, I have 50 left to get. I also need about 15 headshots, not worried about this either, I get these by accident in most games.

Long shots are my Achilles heel though, so some quick tips and helpful pointers would be nice.

I don't have any issue getting longshots. My buddy I play with said he does - it's the last camo he unlocks each time. For me it's the opposite - I get long shots very quickly and the last one for me is usually hipfire.

This comes down to playstyle more than anything I think. My buddy is definitely a run-n-gun guy, while I prefer to use AR DMRs and one-shot people. So he has no issue with hipfire kills because he's always fighting people up close and spraying, while I am moving around much more slower and engaging players at medium range when I can. I also switch to a pistol any time I run inside a building, so most of my "panic CQC" kills are done with a pistol, and not hipfiring my AR.

To get long-shot kills, I would just suggest slowing down. Strap on a 3x optic of some kind, and spend more time in each location. Learn where the longer sitelines are on each map, and hold them down for 30 seconds to wait for enemy players before moving. Some players get caught thinking they should always be moving and spend the entire game running around the map like it's a hamster wheel. But if you don't spend any time holding down the longer sitelines, you won't be getting any long-shot kills either.

Just to touch on one detail between the vlk 3 and cronen 3.5
Despite it's popularity I've never been keen on the vlk. It wasnt until I got used to the cronen that I realised that it's the actual graphics surrounding the sight that I really hate about the vlk. I find it very bulky and untidy compared to the cronen and find that it blacks out too much of the screen for me. The reticle on the vlk is nicer, but only a few unlocks in is the simple black cross, which I think is the best to use overall.

I will admit I know very little about the reticles that you can unlock. I will agree - the outline of the VLK is very bulky and can block your vision "around" your target. I think that is a fair trade-off given how absolutely clean the reticle is itself. The default reticle for the Cronen is just too much going on, especially at longer ranges, while the VLK has that absolutely perfect tiny red dot. Are you able to post a screenshot of the black cross Cronen reticle?

2020-08-27_11-31-14.png 2020-08-27_11-33-32.png

Wiseowl

Recruit
I was thinking about this today, I think it is time to go back into some co-op matches, these would be a great place to peel off a few long-distance kills, mounted kills and finish off my headshots, right?

Even if we don't complete the mission, I will still be able to clock up some kills, and then of course, I completely forgot about Plunder, the respawns on this would make it easy for me to get some kills that way too, and my son can join in with me.

I do feel more confident with giving plunder a shot now,I used to find myself placed in the bottom half of the table at the end of MP matches, but now, thanks to what I have done with @CMCFLYYY's help, I often find myself in the top half and even sometimes top 3 with the occasional number 1 player spot.
Yes another l great idea, l forgotten you could go coop! I usually go on YouTube for best attachments, sometimes can make a big difference to how the gun feels. I’m mostly at the top now too. Sometimes l actually feel the team wouldn’t have won if it wasn’t for me, the amount of saviours l get, oh your welcome , haha! Or those few potatoes that just stand there waiting to be cooked, lol!

I don't have any issue getting longshots. My buddy I play with said he does - it's the last camo he unlocks each time. For me it's the opposite - I get long shots very quickly and the last one for me is usually hipfire.

This comes down to playstyle more than anything I think. My buddy is definitely a run-n-gun guy, while I prefer to use AR DMRs and one-shot people. So he has no issue with hipfire kills because he's always fighting people up close and spraying, while I am moving around much more slower and engaging players at medium range when I can. I also switch to a pistol any time I run inside a building, so most of my "panic CQC" kills are done with a pistol, and not hipfiring my AR.

To get long-shot kills, I would just suggest slowing down. Strap on a 3x optic of some kind, and spend more time in each location. Learn where the longer sitelines are on each map, and hold them down for 30 seconds to wait for enemy players before moving. Some players get caught thinking they should always be moving and spend the entire game running around the map like it's a hamster wheel. But if you don't spend any time holding down the longer sitelines, you won't be getting any long-shot kills either.

I will admit I know very little about the reticles that you can unlock. I will agree - the outline of the VLK is very bulky and can block your vision "around" your target. I think that is a fair trade-off given how absolutely clean the reticle is itself. The default reticle for the Cronen is just too much going on, especially at longer ranges, while the VLK has that absolutely perfect tiny red dot. Are you able to post a screenshot of the black cross Cronen reticle?

View attachment 1214 View attachment 1216
I agree too, when l keep trying the vlk, I’m always thinking why do people prefer this? I much prefer the cronen too!

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous

Definitely, I have to agree, playstyle is a big factor, it might even be more of a factor than skill, it certainly seems that way in my case. ;)

I have found a couple of places on maps like Cheshire Park, Crash, Euphrates Bridge (I really don't like this map!), Hovec Swamill, Khandor Hideout, Picadilly, Rammaza, Scrapyard, and Talsik Backlot but sometimes I can play many games in a row on these maps and not get a single kill. I like the idea of slowing down and taking the time to acquire some unwitting targets as they wander into my sightlines, like a fly wandering into a spider's web.

I think I did this on Cheshire park last night, I found a spot looking down the side of the map, near the bus stop, with the bus parked to my left. I could see out past the bus, into the 1st-floor room (that makes me sound like a peeping Tom) and I managed to pick off 2 guys in there, then as 1 he came out of the ground floor window plus some random that walked into my bullet fire before I noticed him, then after getting killed there and coming back later I managed to get a couple more. I didn't realize that I could use that as a strategy, so now instead of looking for the right time and place, I can find the right place and wait for the right time, right?

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I agree too, when l keep trying the vlk, I’m always thinking why do people prefer this? I much prefer the cronen too!

That was the opposite of what I was saying haha. I prefer the VLK for the super clear reticle, quick ADS time, and best recoil reduction for a mid-range optic.

KeyboardDemon

That was the opposite of what I was saying haha. I prefer the VLK for the super clear reticle, quick ADS time, and best recoil reduction for a mid-range optic.
lol. I've misunderstood you in this thread and got the opposite meaning to what you said, maybe it's because of your accent. :p

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Definitely, I have to agree, playstyle is a big factor, it might even be more of a factor than skill, it certainly seems that way in my case. ;)

I have found a couple of places on maps like Cheshire Park, Crash, Euphrates Bridge (I really don't like this map!), Hovec Swamill, Khandor Hideout, Picadilly, Rammaza, Scrapyard, and Talsik Backlot but sometimes I can play many games in a row on these maps and not get a single kill. I like the idea of slowing down and taking the time to acquire some unwitting targets as they wander into my sightlines, like a fly wandering into a spider's web.

I think I did this on Cheshire park last night, I found a spot looking down the side of the map, near the bus stop, with the bus parked to my left. I could see out past the bus, into the 1st-floor room (that makes me sound like a peeping Tom) and I managed to pick off 2 guys in there, then as 1 he came out of the ground floor window plus some random that walked into my bullet fire before I noticed him, then after getting killed there and coming back later I managed to get a couple more. I didn't realize that I could use that as a strategy, so now instead of looking for the right time and place, I can find the right place and wait for the right time, right?

I was joking yesterday in our game while trying to grind out the remaining M4 hipfire kills, that "every map feels like a sniper map". I guess my playstyle just really caters towards finding the long sightlines and rotating through those as I move around the map. I'll try to record some more gameplay the next couple days to point out what I do.

Some of my favorite maps:

Azhir Cave: I could spend my entire time in the cave having a sniper battle.

Crash: Love taking the back "hallway" and then holding the Hill side from the couple rooftops over there.

HardHat: I rarely go through the interior of this map. Long sightlines all over the outer rim of this one though, from Scaffolding down to Containers or working back through A flag. Continue that way and look down towards C flag or the building behind it.

Hovec Sawmill: Love love love the side opposite B flag. I spend the whole game working my way up and down this side of the map.

Backlot: People love to camp the buildings in this one - Construction, Destroyed, or the middle 3-story - and there are clean sightlines to each from all over the map.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Whoops sorry, hahaha! I might have confused you someone else but not sure!

I was joking yesterday in our game while trying to grind out the remaining M4 hipfire kills, that "every map feels like a sniper map". I guess my playstyle just really caters towards finding the long sightlines and rotating through those as I move around the map. I'll try to record some more gameplay the next couple days to point out what I do.

Crash: Love taking the back "hallway" and then holding the Hill side from the couple rooftops over there.

HardHat: I rarely go through the interior of this map. Long sightlines all over the outer rim of this one though, from Scaffolding down to Containers or working back through A flag. Continue that way and look down towards C flag or the building behind it.

Hovec Sawmill: Love love love the side opposite B flag. I spend the whole game working my way up and down this side of the map.

Backlot: People love to camp the buildings in this one - Construction, Destroyed, or the middle 3-story - and there are clean sightlines to each from all over the map.
I love the windmill too. I always used to hate crash until l found the exact spot your talking about literally a couple of weeks ago!

KeyboardDemon

I'd find that really interesting to watch, I don't think I have seen any of your videos yet, have you posted any on here before?

They are all really good maps.

I know that Azhir maps has some really good spots for long shots, such as overlooking the soccer field near the A flag, or there are a few points in the cave near C but facing B so from the east entrance kind looking west, I like to use the low concrete barriers to mount my gun and pick people off from there.

The barriers at the bottom of the Hill on Crash, where we can see people running from A to C are another good place too, I think we have an advantage at the bottom as we can see there heads over the truck and cars on the path as they make their way down before they can see us at the bottom if we have mounted in the right place.

For Hovec Sawmill, I usually spend more of my game on the B side, that window on the first floor of the mess hall is a really popular sniper's nest, and I find it hard to make my way forward to that point so when going A to C, I prefer to make way through B, usually going over the roof, then down towards the beekeepers where I have my choice of going to the alley and graveyard area or down to C. I should have known it would be you on that other side. lol

Backlot has building liked the Taxi building, construction site, and destroyed building that give the most commanding views of the field as well, I have managed to pick up a few longshots from these as well.

My issue at the moment is still that even though I can sometimes see opportunities and maybe even land a few hits, I don't always land enough to get the kill or worse, I have got a bead on and just as I am about to fire, someone else finds and kills me first!

Wiseowl

Recruit
Just to touch on one detail between the vlk 3 and cronen 3.5
Despite it's popularity I've never been keen on the vlk. It wasnt until I got used to the cronen that I realised that it's the actual graphics surrounding the sight that I really hate about the vlk. I find it very bulky and untidy compared to the cronen and find that it blacks out too much of the screen for me. The reticle on the vlk is nicer, but only a few unlocks in is the simple black cross, which I think is the best to use overall.
Hey you’re the guy l was supposed to have replied to, l replied to someone else by accident. I was just saying that l too much prefer the cronen than the vlk!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hey you’re the guy l was supposed to have replied to, l replied to someone else by accident. I was just saying that l too much prefer the cronen than the vlk!
Uh, not to respond to you, but this is addressed to everyone in relation to the bolded... Would be nice to see you guys have new avatars. Pretty please? Would make my responses (and your responses) better, and would help me tremendously with my moderation.

@CMCFLYYY I don't have any screenshots I'm afraid. From memory it is the second or third unlock along, you'll be able to see it in the gunsmith by going to customisation and then reticles. Its just a black cross, thin lines with no colour to it at all. Almost like a simple sniper reticle which I like. Agree that the base cronen is a bit messy.

@Wiseowl cronen buddies. There aren't many of us these days!

Wiseowl

Recruit
@CMCFLYYY I don't have any screenshots I'm afraid. From memory it is the second or third unlock along, you'll be able to see it in the gunsmith by going to customisation and then reticles. Its just a black cross, thin lines with no colour to it at all. Almost like a simple sniper reticle which I like. Agree that the base cronen is a bit messy.

@Wiseowl cronen buddies. There aren't many of us these days!
Actually to be fair l hardly use any of the large optics, l use them mainly for long shots. As l’ve been working on my smg’s l just use the iron sights or gi mini reflex. It was only two days ago l got them platinum! :D

Uh, not to respond to you, but this is addressed to everyone in relation to the bolded... Would be nice to see you guys have new avatars. Pretty please? Would make my responses (and your responses) better, and would help me tremendously with my moderation.
If l could think what l could change it too, how would l do this?

Wiseowl

Recruit
Yup that was the first A/R I golded. Did the M4 with the .458 SOCOM conversion after that and now am working on the AK. The CR56 and AK are my go-to secondaries for Warzone.
I already have two ar’s on verge of being gold, l will be sure to use Cr56 next, thanks

@Wiseowl cr56 with the 10r ammo conversion and the cronen was my go to mid-long range weapon for a while, loved it.
Your message was also supposed to be quoted with cmcflyy. I haven’t quite mastered how to do it properly. Sometimes show up, sometimes not!

@CMCFLYYY weirdly I was never keen on the standard cr56. It wasnt until I turned it into a dmr that I fell for it
What is a dmr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements