1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Do You Still Play Black Ops 1?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' started by dcloutier, Mar 30, 2013.

1. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

I spin Black Ops every now and then, but I only really play Zombies. The campaign was always pretty "bleh" to me, and I've always preferred Modern Warfare's online modes over Black Ops'. Also, the visuals were never that great to me. It seems like Black Ops took a step back after COD's previous incarnation.

2. chicagobulls6769

I still own Black ops 1 and do play occasionally. I am usually occupied playing Modern Warfare, but in my spare time i tend to to gravitate towards Black Ops 1. I like the weapon selection

3. sarz

sarz Recruit

Occasionally I still paly Black Ops 1 from time to time. This is because I like the some of the old zombie maps. Like Kino and the Whitehouse.

4. SlateReaper

SlateReaper Recruit

Yeh, I still play it from time to time. I can't decided which Nuketown I prefer though. I appreciate the graphics from BOII but it feels like they hyped it up too much. I was a good map, but it wasn't that amazing . It was fun only because it was tiny and they used that space creatively. I think Cracked was my favourite.

5. moaz13

moaz13 Recruit

This game has so much more players than Ghosts it's kind of funny. It's still great, after lots of people were not comfortable giving different developers a chance to try the series.

6. andrew172

andrew172 Recruit

I play Black Ops 1 way more than the second one. Mostly for the Zombies modes which I feel are better in the first game than the second. As for the multiplayer in general (which I don't play much of anyway) I feel like the first one is good enough to tide me over without needing to play the second too much.

7. Yoso123

Yoso123 Recruit

Right now Black Ops 1 is sitting in my Steam library, with only 6 hours in it. I never really got into it, since about 2 weeks after I got it Black Ops 2 was announced. I might play it again sometimes, but last time I played it it was way to unoptimized. I have a pretty good graphics card and cpu, but the game runs at a horrible 30 fps on medium. They won't fix the memory leak, so I won''t be playing it.

8. moaz13

moaz13 Recruit

That's really strange. I'm running with a 550 Ti, pretty outdated, but games like BO2 run perfectly buttery smooth. What hardware are you using? It might be an issue only you are experiencing, or might just be I'm in the minority.

9. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

Sadly, I do not. I wish I'd play it a bit more, especially since I got a new graphics card, and that was all I've been playing when it came out. I'd like to compare the FPS then and how much it has improved with the new upgrade. But, I am lazy to install it. Besides, the zombies are probably dead, and that was my favorite thing in the game.

10. nicholiasiv

nicholiasiv Recruit

Personally, I like Black Ops II better than Black Ops I, but each has there perks. Both have amazing zombies map experiences and multiplayer challenges. I feel that the former offers the best options map wise, but the latter has the best campaign. The campaign of the original Black Ops was much more engaging and entertaining than the first.

If you like the zombies mode, either one is a good option. If you like single player, the first one is the better choice.

11. OGRICHBOI

OGRICHBOI Recruit

Unfortunately, I don't play Black Ops I anymore. It was a combination of me having to buy a new console and all of my friends leaving the PS3. However, I did manage to sell the game itself for a decent price!

12. awesomeaniruddh

awesomeaniruddh Recruit

Black Ops is the game I turn to when I have nothing else to play - I don't have a huge library of games and I mostly rely on the multiplayer aspect of each game, however Black Ops is one game in which I enjoy replaying even the storyline over and over again.

13. Varian245

Varian245 Recruit

Yes, actually. I still do play it today. I mainly like the Black Ops series for the zombies since I find it so fun to play and see how far you can get on either Normal or Hard. I don't do hell hounds though. I also like playing campaign just because of the story it tells. You get to play in the perspectives of characters that has been in the wars with the main characters. I own this game on the PS3. I don't have the new consoles because 1) I can't afford it and 2) I like older consoles better :)

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I find that when a new game gets released in a series then I very rarely go back and play the older versions to be honest.

I'm guessing that's probably because by the time the new game is out, I've already played the other one more than enough, so I'll just concentrate on the new release usually.

15. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

I agree with @pwarbi Once a newer game drops, I tend to abandon the older ones.

There is one exception because sometimes I will revisit older games but only for zombies. I only play campaigns for the trophies so I rarely play the story more than I have to.

I find that online multiplayer ends up getting overrun by hackers once it gets outdated.

2 people like this.
  16. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

That's actually a good point about the online play. As soon as the newer game comes out, everybody seems to abandon the online games in favour of the new game. That can and does lead to shall we say the less scrupulous players filling the lobbies of the older game up.

17. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

It doesn't seem to affect black ops 1 as much, but if you go back and try to play modern warfare, then you are in for an unpleasant experience at least 50% of the time. I'm either instantly spawn-killed all game or completely unaware of what's going on with the other team.

People are teleporting, somehow achieving an incredible amount of kills, and even hiding in glitch spots they've created. It's barely even playable anymore.

Most gamers abandon the older games and hackers love it because patches for the glitches they find are no longer being put out. The so-called moderators no longer invest much in the game-play so things go haywire.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

That's the same for all games though, not just COD. The online lobbies stop being patched so it's obvious they're going to get hacked to bits.

People will always try to spoil other peoples enjoyment, and if they're not clever enough to hack their way into the online version of the most recent game, it stands to reason that they'll target the earlier releases of a game instead.

2 people like this.
  19. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Recruit

I played Black Ops 1 for a total of 10 hours. On PC, it had horrible issues at launch, and for months I couldn't even get into a game without insane rubberbanding and extreme ping spikes. To make it worse (This could be a personal PC issue, but I've played it on 3 different pcs and all had horrible performance), the framerate would constantly dip down into the 30s, or stay at 40 or so even at minimum settings. All my drivers are up to date and I have an I5-4440 and Gtx 970 with 8gb of DDR3 ram.

20. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

I don't play this one anymore. I played it about twice and that was it. I'd rather play modern warfare over and over.