• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

FPS Tweak Thread for PC

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Ill try it out, thank u
If I were in your shoes I would do all I can to delay buying a GPU until the number of options available has been increased with the expected new releases, I've said this more than once in this thread, it's your money, and it's your choice at the end of the day, but I firmly believe you will get more for your money if you wait a few months.

Until that time comes, do all you can to push as much as possible out of your current card.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
So there are just 2 days left for the nVidia reveal now.

AMD's new cards are expected in October.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

freakdaddy64

Recruit
have you been more of an amd graphics card guy, i,ve tried one years ago and had issues so i always went with nvidia, so im wondering if i was to upgrade in future is there any type of advantage having the amd card because i have amd cpu or it doesnt matter .

DizzyDemon

Recruit
have you been more of an amd graphics card guy, i,ve tried one years ago and had issues so i always went with nvidia, so im wondering if i was to upgrade in future is there any type of advantage having the amd card because i have amd cpu or it doesnt matter .
Questions like this are often more controversial than asking what's better Call of Duty or Battlefield?

I have an nVidia card, but I prefer AMD, is my simple answer, but things are far more nuanced than a simple black or white or in this case red or green answer, but I'll try and keep it brief, mostly because I have a lot to get done today. So that's my TL:DR answer, below for a summary of the deets.

nVidia have been great at bringing in new technologies, or technically in many cases, acquiring the companies that own the IP for the technologies they are interested in, things like PhysX, G-Sync, Cuda, and more recently RTX to name 3. But then they have ended up making the technologies proprietary so people with non-nVidia cards can't harness the benefits of any given nVidia technology. This, amongst some of their other business practices, such as launching a new series of cards out of the blue just 12 hours after an AMD GPU launch, for example, makes me dislike the way nVidia operates.

AMD on the other has been great at bringing in technology and making it an open standard that anyone can access, so they an open Compute platform that's more widely adopted than Cuda, the moved towards FreeSync, a standard that's now being recognized by nVidia, so if you have a G-Sync card you can use it with a FreeSync monitor, even though AMD cards still won't work with G-Sync monitors. Plus technologies like Vulkan that later became integrated into DX 12, so while not many games support DX 12 at the moment, the new consoles that will launch this holiday season are going to be DX 12 platforms and Call of Duty is a DX 12 title.

Historically though, and too many people remember this all too well, AMD had massive driver issues, their GPUs suffered from really bad micro-stuttering which made the graphics look choppy and for people like me, it made games unplayable. I've had quite a few AMD GPUs in the past, including a 5970, 2x6970 in Crossfire and then a 6990 which is a single card with 2x 6970 GPUs in Crossfire on it. All of them gave me issues with both drivers and temperatures, which is why I ended up changing for the more reliable GTX 580 Ti at the time, then for a short time I had a GTX 680 which I replaced with a GTX 780 Ti because I got an awesome pre-order deal and actually made a profit on selling my pre-owned GTX 680 in order to fund the new card,

Skipping forward till June this year, I originally bought an RX 5700 XT for my PC and was getting serious micro-stuttering in the game, so remembering the hard times I had with my previous AMD GPUs, I returned it and paid an extra 30% over the top to get my RTX 2070 Super, this was a mistake, for 2 reasons. 1 the micro-stuttering was a net-code issue, somewhere between my ethernet port and the game servers to be exact, nothing that I did on my GPU would have fixed that, and my 5700 XT was performing at around 15% to 30% better than the RTX card I am no using, I wish I had the patience to work at finding that out at the time, but I didn't want to miss my returns window.

While nVidia technologies show excellent innovation, it has to be asked, why were so few titles released that made use of Physx, why do we still only have a handful of RTX titles, what happened to DLSS 2.0, there are fewer than 20 titles and these include Cyberpunk 2077?

There are more than 100 titles that support DX 12 and this is set to increase when the next gen consoles launch.

I'll end my long answer here and get back to the kids, I'm supposed to be entertaining them right now!

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I just noticed, I put GTX 580 Ti, I don't think there was such a thing, but even there was, mine was a non Ti model.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

slick8

Recruit
just put this in
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO GAMING Video Card

anyone know how to to unlock the core voltage with msi afterbuner? seems to be locked

thank you

freakdaddy64

Recruit
just put this in
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO GAMING Video Card

anyone know how to to unlock the core voltage with msi afterbuner? seems to be locked

thank you
Well I don't mess with stuff like that but I noticed that was locked so you might need to go try the EVGA precision one overclocker

DizzyDemon

Recruit
So here it is, the announcement we have been waiting for, the new RTX 3000 series cards, see the reveal here:

Technically, it wasn't much of a reveal, leaks and rumours meant we all knew it was the RTX 3070, RTX 3080, and RTX 3090 that would be coming and they are launching at the same price as their predecessors so $499 and $749 with the RTX 3090 launching at $1,499.

If history is anything to go buy then we should see the older parts dropping in price, and if the RTX 2070 drops close then the RTX 2060 would have to drop too as who would pay the full price of the RTX 2060 when an RTX 2070 would be priced within reach?

Apart from you, I mean, @slick8.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
Well I have the 2060 knockout ultra and right now I'm playing in 1080p with everything lower disabled the render resolution is 1920 x 1080 and the smaller maps I'm getting up to 200 205 down to 180 game resolution is 1920 by 1080 also, and graphics are still great also if I have everything lower disabled the render resolution at minimum and game in 1440p I get 182 to 215 if you look do the forum I have some videos I put on YouTube with MSI afterburner and you'll see my frames per second but I don't have a description of what setting it is

well i would think with the lower price the 2080 should come way down, im not sure if the 3080 is twice what 2080ti is how can they come out with such a low price,maybe because of pandemic and they need to sell graphics cards. i love my 2060 ko so ill be staying put for awhile. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DizzyDemon

Recruit
well i would think with the lower price the 2080 should come way down, im not sure if the 3080 is twice what 2080ti is how can they come out with such a low price,maybe because of pandemic and they need to sell graphics cards. i love my 2060 ko so ill be staying put for awhile. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It's an nVidia event so take what they say with a pinch of salt, there will still be a press embargo on any benchmark information right now, so we can't know for sure.

What we do know is that they have found a way to double the number of RTX instructions per clock and found a way to quadruple the volume of data passing through the DDR 6 thanks to some clever voltage modulation so that chips can carry twice as data internally as they could before.

They are saying that combining this with DLSS to reduce the workload without reducing the quality will help deliver that leap in performance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M FPS Drops WARZONE Call of Duty: WarZone 2
T 35 fps max on solid rig Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 12
H FPS Drop since the most recent update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 15
P BIG fps issue. from 200fps to 100.. Call of Duty: WarZone 4
T FPS bug - drops from 100+ to 10 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 27
J Fps decreace after time playing Call of Duty: WarZone 5
C High FPS 120+ no drops but gameplay stutters Call of Duty: WarZone 2
R COMPUTER - FPS is unbelievable unstable Call of Duty: WarZone 7
L FPS DROP TO 30 FPS Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 17
K PC: latest patch sending FPS way down? Call of Duty: WarZone 7
R Things that need a little adjustment - Game sound, skill based matchmaking, crossplay fps difference Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
M help with fps Call of Duty: WarZone 8
P FPS DROP, HELP PLEASE Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Low fps help!? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
S Low fps despite system spec ? Call of Duty: WarZone 3
J I dont get that much FPS but i have a decent PC Call of Duty: WarZone 1
Phlipups Xbox Live Pork Chop Platoon is Open for Recruitment! 25+ Mature FPS Gaming Community - No skill required. Clan Recruitment 10
T Hardcore Henry-The Live Action FPS The Lounge 4
JohnFPS PSN FPS Clan recruitment PS4 MWR Clan Recruitment 2
JohnFPS PSN FPS clan Recruitment Clan Recruitment 2
Esperahol Is the Xbox more geared to FPS than the PS? General Call of Duty 5
SlickBlasianYouTube 60 FPS? General Call of Duty 9
Phlipups Xbox Live (PCP) PorkChop Platoon- Mature 25+ Xbox FPS Gaming Community Recruiting- Good times/no skill needed Clan Recruitment 0
F Hey Guys, FPS Fest Here! The Lobby 1
K Low FPS General Call of Duty 5
MrFaTaLx1 Fps Freeks - Do They Really Work - Review Call of Duty Media 0
NewWorldShogun Call of Duty 4 | COD = The easy button of FPS Call of Duty Media 2
D Moder warfare fps General Call of Duty 0
H Real Life FPS! Video Games 1
M FPS research into war based FPS games - for a uni project i'm doing Video Games 3
DizzyDemon PC Geek out thread The Lounge 5
DizzyDemon My Pre-build thread The Lounge 65
D "post thread" is kinda transparent Completed Suggestions 0
S thread for heavy questions. The Lounge 13
I Xbox Live imClan Recuritment Thread (Xbox One) (16+) Clan Recruitment 0
VoiDProjects My 100th thread The Lounge 0
I Xbox Live imClan Recuritment Thread (Xbox One) Clan Recruitment 0
Q PSN [PS4] POTSMOKER CLAN RECRUITMENT THREAD Clan Recruitment 0
S PC NovaLuminous Recruitment Thread Clan Recruitment 1
Oropherion Introduction Thread for myself The Lobby 0
P Multi Old XGN/XGC Thread Clan Chat 96
Grim Unofficial Exo Zombies Thread General Call of Duty 1
Grim Havoc Dlc Information Thread General Call of Duty 0
Grim Unofficial "Request" Thread General Call of Duty 5
Grim Xbox Gamertag Thread Clan Recruitment 50
S PlayStation Network ID Thread Clan Recruitment 53
Homeless Commie Xbox Live [MW3,Ghosts] DaZe Official Clan Thread Clan Recruitment 0
I Xbox Live [iMPY] iM PROXY is recruiting. Check our thread out: You will not be disappointed! Clan Recruitment 0
T Multi The Mafia Recruitment Thread Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos Please use prefixes when creating a clan thread. Completed Suggestions 0