• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Let's talk about Zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giffen

Recruit
What are your tactics in Zombies? Personally, I like Kino Der Toten. I grab the Olympia, first off. Then I get to guarding an entrance. I never really leave the room, though. I just try to see how many rounds I can survive. I've gotten to 10.

What about you guys?

Frieza

Recruit
I think everyone lines/trains zombies now, it's the go to tactic for zombies. If I'm going for high rounds I just try get and LMG or rifle that can hold its own and run around the map, with zombies tailing behind. After a good line I turn around and just empty a clip, reload and repeat indefinitely. It works for all maps given you know the right paths; plus is an absolute beast point farm if you aim for the head.

For fun tactics/relaxing ones, I just do the same as you, except with a silly weapon, like the sniper or grenade launcher, never last long though :p

CrispyEggos

Recruit
Kino Der Toten is all I really play. I usually play with friends, but even if I play by myself, it's the same strategy. I'll hold off with a pistol for as long as possible until I can grab another gun (depends on where I am and how many points I have). From there, I just make laps around the main spawn and the different rooms until I can open up backstage. From there, I just keep building zombie trains and run around the stage gathering points and hitting the box when I can to score a Thundergun, Raygun or an LMG. Eventually I'll pack a punch it, and also when I can I grab Juggernog ASAP. I forget my highest individual round total, but me and 2 friends got to round 60 something?

dcloutier

Recruit
I won't play zombies by myself, but if I get talked into it with friends, I'll do it, begrudgingly. I'm terrible at it. I'm the person who gets stuck dying way to early and way too often. It's terrible. lol. I take direction very well, so my friends just normally try to yell at me what to do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't lol. They've stopped asking me to play as much.

Melvin

Recruit
I never play it alone. It's too scary lmao. Half the time I play zombies it's with a bunch of friends from school. We're usually screwing around and we often don't get too far. When we're bored, we just switch to normal multiplayer and go own some noobs.

riku517

Recruit
When I play zombies by myself, I try to use different techniques like staying in one spot, or just using a certain gun to see how long I will last. I usually last about 4-10 rounds but that all depends on how committed I am to surviving. I really like Frieza's technique and will probably utilize it the next time I play zombies.

chrislyons88

Recruit
YES LETS TALK ABOUT ZOMBIES

I saw one today at the store, he was walking and wasn't really paying attention. He left his cart in the middle of the aisle and just walked over somewhere else. Man these zombies are getting annoying. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. Pay attention and get out of my way.

OHHH right this is a forum post. Okay yeah nazi zombies are sweet I only play the first level and I love it. Left 4 dead was great.

bradman1313

Recruit
I did 32 with two of my friends in Kino der Toten, it gets insane. I think we survived solely on Ray Guns and pack-a-ounched defaults.

My tips:

Knife only for the first two rounds, this builds quick points.

Buy enough doors to be able to move freely.

Building trains of zombies following you then mowing them down conserves ammo.

Find somewhere to hunker down during rounds with Hellhounds, so they can't attack you from all sides.

chrislyons88

Recruit
bradman1313 if that is really your name. I think you are insane. Not to mention AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS!

I build that train and BADDA BIND BAADA BOOOOM^543 thats right. I did it. and to top it off I did squirt milk out of my nose when I laughed at that avatar.

honestly where did I put that mouse? there it is

visto

Recruit
Grab the shotgun and post up. Store up enough points before you move on, I usually stay until I am just about overrun, until a few zombies get in, clear them out, and once the next level starts, open up the new areas and repeat.

Since the map I play the most is ascension i'll talk about that. I usually use my knife and handgun till round 4 then I either get a gun off of the wall or start to leave. Once I begin opening doors, I quickly get to the top and use the box as many times as I can manage. Depending on what guns I get from there, I change my tactics around. If I get a good automatic, I open all of the doors. If I get a shotgun, I tend to hang around the open area's and run around. If I get handguns or something, I try to stretch out the points and box again. Eventually though, I wanna get all of the doors open and just survive with different guns. I am constantly getting new ones. :)

apriapism

Recruit
I never get to play zombies as often, I like to play with with my group of friends. Whenever I join a random lobby I always get left alone with one other person and we get screwed over.

WadeWilson

Recruit
I like to go the shotgun route first. I know it doesn't have the most bullets, but I make them count, I have too. It almost forces you to be good with the shotgun, and I like that. However after the first couple of rounds it wont cut the bill, so I go automatic. Smooth and efficient.

thethirdeye

Recruit
I never play it alone. It's too scary lmao. Half the time I play zombies it's with a bunch of friends from school. We're usually screwing around and we often don't get too far. When we're bored, we just switch to normal multiplayer and go own some noobs.

Same here. I hate playing zombies alone because I feel I always have to watch my own back. Makes it so much more stressful when you could turn around and face a zombie up close at any moment. Zombies, in my opinion, is only fun with friends. Playing it alone gets boring, repetitive, and too tough.

GreenCamino

Recruit
Me and my friends have no real strategy, we just freestyle. If we get in a real predicament, we'll devise paths to run around the map (if it's large enough) and we break into groups of two and two. One person of the group will sprint at first while the other fires back. When the sprinter gets ahead, he turns and fires back while the first shooter runs ahead and they repeat this until the zombies are more manageable. We always leave one alive at the end of every round though so we can go back and repair the windows.

Same here. I hate playing zombies alone because I feel I always have to watch my own back. Makes it so much more stressful when you could turn around and face a zombie up close at any moment. Zombies, in my opinion, is only fun with friends. Playing it alone gets boring, repetitive, and too tough.

I think that's one of the most fun parts. Watching my own back is a thrill I enjoy in games. Kind of reminds me of Resident Evil in that fashion, so I am always looking around. I like being scared though. :)

Bob

Recruit
Oh hi everybody! I like Kino der Toten and Ascension the most, and I always have to go to a friend's house to play it because I don't own a gaming console. That means I've always had to play with other people. Because of that, though, I have learned so many tactics that once we even got to round 30-something.

In Kino, we use our pistols (round*8 shots at the leg then knife) until we run out of ammo. Then, we keep on knifing the zombies until about round 4-6 before dogs, or we cannot handle it anymore. Then we open the door upstairs. We also open the door that leads into the big place before the dressing room with the MP40. We always buy the MP40, it is probably the best multi-purpose gun that you can buy off the wall. It is effective against dogs if you go into a corner and reload right after you kill one.

THEN CIRCLES!!!

I pack an Olympian in Nuketown Zombies, My tactics are to get great guns from the random box and find a corner you can hide in. I normally do that and survive 30+ rounds each time I play. Die Rise is also good as you can play as a zombie my tactics for that are run around the non-infected and go behind them. It's easier to play that way.

Thanks

Bob

Recruit
Wait, Nuketown Zombies? Are you talking about Black Ops 2?

In the case you do not get really good guns from the random box, is the Olympian all you use? Isn't it a pretty tough shotgun to use, especially in higher rounds?

Additionally, (if you are talking about Black Ops 2) are you able to go in a corner and safely "hide" from zombies? That's interesting... do you shoot at the zombies from there? What if there are too many and they get to you?

Die Rise has non-infected people? Okay, if you really are talking about Black Ops 2, that is too cool. I really have to check it out sometime, then. Could you tell me a little more about how that works? Do the zombies also go for the non-infected?

Sorry for all the questions. :p I'm just really interested in what you are talking about.

thethirdeye

Recruit
I think that's one of the most fun parts. Watching my own back is a thrill I enjoy in games. Kind of reminds me of Resident Evil in that fashion, so I am always looking around. I like being scared though. :)

Honestly, I never thought if it like that. I noticed that when you're alone, you get much more immersed into the game. I tried playing Nazi Zombies alone yesterday, and it felt like almost an entirely new experience playing alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements