• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

My Video Game Idea

Hello, I just wanted to share a Video Game Idea that I've had in my head, it's a seemingly COD game, but it shouldn't be branded as COD.

It’s basically a video game that’s a mix between James Cameron’s Avatar, the Animals of Farthing Wood, Dr Dolittle and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

You play a 16 year old boy who can talk to animals, however, no one knows of this ability, he ran away from his parents a long time ago to live in a forest, where the animals can talk, Foxes, Badgers, Squirrels, all kinds of animals. Unfortunately, a Politician’s workforce destroys the forest, and this game is about the boy communicating with animals and go on a roaring rampage of revenge against the Politician. So he grabs a farmer’s shotgun, and moves his way up to rifles, he eventually realizes he’s part of a special group of people who can communicate with animals, so he joins this group, many of them also had forests that they were connected to, destroyed by the same politician. So they start a rebellion, and you have to get to the Politician and kill him. The game is about coming of age, fear of using weapons, love of animals and mean Politicians. There are cutscenes in between where the Politicians plans get worse, he eventually starts to plan to raze the Amazon Rainforest, which the Rebellion leader is connected to, and he will also plan to start poaching and smuggling creatures.

The game will feature epic set-pieces, such as the first forest collapsing and many animals dying, armies of workers with machine guns, chainsaws, bulldozers, excavators and many different vehicles, a scene where the boy and his fox companion get inside a helicopter to destroy a workforce on it’s way to destroy a forest, and the game is Campaign only, but has Co-Op. 5 Tutorial missions and 17 Campaign missions, meaning 22 missions in total.

The game should be developed by one of the Call of Duty developers, but should have an original title and not be part of the Call of Duty series, it should also be published by Activision, as perhaps an original game, and feature voice talent from actors like Danny Dyer, Billy Murray(not Bill Murray, Billy the EastEnders actor), Steven Blum, Gideon Emery, and Yuri Lowenthal, with the villain portrayed by someone who looks like David Cameron, I want the villain to be like Irons from Advanced Warfare.

It would be quite a sad and heartwrenching game, and it could be a spiritual successor to Farthing Wood, Ferngully and Avatar. And it would be a bit like Far Cry Primal in some of it's mechanics as well. I really hope it goes well, and that one day someone will pick up this Idea.

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Have you seen the E3 2016 press confrences? Some games are doing similar to what you're asking here. For example, Horizon: Zero Dawn takes you into the forest, where you will have to hunt for either animals, or mech-animals or mech dinos.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM

Or God of War (working title), where you're Kratos in Norse Mythology timeline. In this game, you play with your son, and you're trying to hunt for animals, only to find out Norse Mythology monsters exist to threaten the life of you and your son.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg

Granted, they're not about politicians trying to take over a forest, and/or animals trying to overcome the politicians, but what I am getting from you is games that have a personal connection with the world that inhabits your world. These games are targeting you.

The next game I'm about to talk about is a Nintendo property, and is being released for Wii U, and the next generation console from Nintendo, codenamed "NX." The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild allows you to interact with the forest environment...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE

There's plenty more Zelda footage in the Nintendo channel, so be sure to click on the video to get more.

Yeah but I mean an eco message like in Avatar, about destruction, and a corrupt politician similar to Irons character.

So what do you think? What do you think of my Eco Message and Corrupt Politician and Forest Destruction? Never been explored in a video game before, maybe Sonic 3 but no video game has explored deforestation, have they? Name examples if there are. And this excludes movie based video games, etc Avatar the game.

Also, sorry for accidentally double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Also, sorry for accidentally double posting.
Posts merged. No biggie. :)
Yeah but I mean an eco message like in Avatar, about destruction, and a corrupt politician similar to Irons character.

So what do you think? What do you think of my Eco Message and Corrupt Politician and Forest Destruction? Never been explored in a video game before, maybe Sonic 3 but no video game has explored deforestation, have they? Name examples if there are. And this excludes movie based video games, etc Avatar the game.
You're right, it hasn't really been explored. It's a good idea, but I don't think it'll work as a video game - because the reason why video games get made is because the market will buy that game. Example, right now people are screaming at the top of their lungs for a new theme in Call of Duty, like Battlefield 1 for World War 1...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pY3hlQEOc0

The problem is, there are the other half of the market that still wants something new. Which is why Infinite Warfare was made.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements