• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

RTX Musings..

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
You should be able to slide that optimal tab to the left to performance if you're just seeing optimal on the right side there's a little wrench and you click it
Yes, you set the level you want on a game by game basis, that way you might choose performance for competitive multiplayer games and then Quality for single player, open world games.

Open GeForce Experience, select Warzone and then as @freakdaddy64 said, grab the spanner, and throw it into the works.... ahem,,, sorry, that's already been done! I mean click on the spanner and drag the slider to performance.
So, DLSS is not all that??
It can be very helpful in hardware limited situations in games that support it, such as Warzone, I have never really tried it, as even with the 2070 Super and Ryzen 5 3600 combination, I have never really felt hardware limited enough to need it.

In theory, your hardware should be up to the task or running Warzone better than it does, so maybe DLSS would help address the shortfall, but you will need to set aside some time to test it more thoroughly and with a clean Windows 10 install on a spare drive, as suggested previously.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Well, no go on the Win10 install.. :( By that I mean, it didn't change anything. Still around 80-ish FPS...

I get bursts of up to 95 FPS, but it doesn't last long.. It usually hovers around 80-85...

I even dropped the game resolution down to 1440x900 which is the lowest I could go and still be playable.. No change..

My next step is to drop all graphic settings to the lowest and see if that changes anything.. Assuming it DOESN'T work, what could the problem possibly be???

Bad RTS???

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK... I dropped all the settings to the lowest possible...

Game looked like crap....

WZ-Textures.jpg

... but I got my FPS to around 90-95..... I then used the GEForce Experience and set the slider to PERFORMANCE.. Game was a little less crap-ish looking and was able to get 95-ish FPS with short bursts to 105-110...

Unrelated to the GFX/FPS issue (probably) but with my settings set way low, the background music and War Tracks that would NOT play in the original settings DID play with the low settings..

Gameplay was definitely better.. By gameplay I mean that I was able to get more kills and hold my own in CQB..

I hope this isn't the end of the road, as I really don't want to trade visuals for a meager 10-15 boost in FPS.. But I have to admit that the extra boost (perceived) in gameplay is tempting...

On another note.. I used to have a wide Field Of View (aka peripheral vision).. Once I pushed my settings down, my FOV was a lot narrower...

WZ-FOV.jpg

When I pumped my settings back up to QUALITY from PERFORMANCE, I still have the limited FOV.. Would that setting be ASPECT RATIO that controls that???

As always, I am immensely grateful for all the assistance...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
On another note.. I used to have a wide Field Of View (aka peripheral vision).. Once I pushed my settings down, my FOV was a lot narrower...

When I pumped my settings back up to QUALITY from PERFORMANCE, I still have the limited FOV.. Would that setting be ASPECT RATIO that controls that???

ASPECT RATIO apparently does not control the FOV.. I set it back to AUTOMATIC and I still have the same limited FOV...

I suppose I could get used to it, but a wide field of view is really nice...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I have a couple of Core i5 machines at work I can probably get my boss to let me swap out for my Core i7 board..

GigaByte B365M DS3H with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz0 and DDR4 RAM

MSI B365M PRO-VDH with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz and DDR4 RAM

If these boards can help, I can possibly upgrade the CPU....

freakdaddy64

Recruit
and you are running a 3060 ti or 3070 ti i forget?
and remember
quality is less fps
performance is more fps
if you havnt done it yet go in game settings and go down the list in graphics and watch that vram meter and adjust what you need to get it as low as possible and should help with fps and when your playing do you know what the gpu performance percentage is?
and i still think from the comparison of cpus in earlier post you need to upgrade cpu to push that gpu because your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu.
and how old is your pc.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
and you are running a 3060 ti or 3070 ti i forget?

EVGA RTX 3060ti FTW3

and remember
quality is less fps
performance is more fps
if you havnt done it yet go in game settings and go down the list in graphics and watch that vram meter and adjust what you need to get it as low as possible and should help with fps and when your playing do you know what the gpu performance percentage is?

Nope.. I get a 10-15 point FPS boost when I drop all the settings to rock bottom..

and i still think from the comparison of cpus in earlier post you need to upgrade cpu to push that gpu because your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu.
and how old is your pc.

It's an ASUS P9X79 Pro.. I have had it for a couple years, but I got it used from a guy.. Dunno how long he had it..

freakdaddy64

Recruit
im going to be the bearer of bad news here, i just looked up your mobo on amazon. you have a dd3 mobo. when i got back into pc gaming for codmw i had an amd am3 socket mobo and ddr3 ram and i could not do better then 70ish fps with a evga rtx 2060 ko graphics card so i started researching what i needed to do and found cod forums and met keyboard demon who is like my mentor and im the grasshopper. i had to upgrade my whole system to a msi b450 motherboard dd4 ram and a ryzen 5 3600 cpu and ended up with the smooth operator jr at an avg of 160 fps and now i have went further as you can see in my sig and recent video i have upgraded everything again to get where i want to be which is now smooth operator sr lol. so at the end of the day from my 2 year journey in my opinion you are getting all your gonna get, no need to tinker with it anymore. you need to upgrade your hardware because your system is older and is not allowing you gpu to do nowhere what it will. so when you can get to that point you will unleash the power that your gpu has. and when done i think you will see fps in the 140s to 160s.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Yea, that's the conclusion I have come to as well..

The 2 MBs I listed above are DDR4 motherboards and can take up to a Core i9 CPU...

I am trying to finagle a trade... A lesser CPU and memory new MB for a higher CPU and memory but older MB...

*I* think it's a good deal.. :D heh

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I can also lay my hands on a:

MSI B360M BAZOOKA Intel Core i5 @ 2.80GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake and DDR4 RAM

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
im going to be the bearer of bad news here, i just looked up your mobo on amazon. you have a dd3 mobo. when i got back into pc gaming for codmw i had an amd am3 socket mobo and ddr3 ram and i could not do better then 70ish fps with a evga rtx 2060 ko graphics card so i started researching what i needed to do and found cod forums and met keyboard demon who is like my mentor and im the grasshopper. i had to upgrade my whole system to a msi b450 motherboard dd4 ram and a ryzen 5 3600 cpu and ended up with the smooth operator jr at an avg of 160 fps and now i have went further as you can see in my sig and recent video i have upgraded everything again to get where i want to be which is now smooth operator sr lol. so at the end of the day from my 2 year journey in my opinion you are getting all your gonna get, no need to tinker with it anymore. you need to upgrade your hardware because your system is older and is not allowing you gpu to do nowhere what it will. so when you can get to that point you will unleash the power that your gpu has. and when done i think you will see fps in the 140s to 160s.
Thanks again for the kind words.

I think I should repeat that while you won't get exceptional performance from your setup, you should be able to get more than you are currently getting, my i7 3770K was also on DDR3 and this was setup with 2x8GB and 2x4GB of RAM from 2 kits operating at different speeds and was being used with a GTX 980, which was giving me close to and sometimes over 100fps at 2560x1440. If I could manage that with my messed-up Ivy Bridge build, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to come close from your PC when you have the advantage or quad channel DDR giving your higher memory bandwidth than I had.

Now I am not against suggesting buying new components, my aim has always been to get as much as possible at the lowest possible cost.
I have a couple of Core i5 machines at work I can probably get my boss to let me swap out for my Core i7 board..

GigaByte B365M DS3H with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz0 and DDR4 RAM

MSI B365M PRO-VDH with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz and DDR4 RAM

If these boards can help, I can possibly upgrade the CPU....
The CPUs are virtually identical in terms of gaming performance, the difference between them if any will be down to margin of error.

The main difference between the CPUs is the 9400F has no integrated graphics, I would pick this myself, but I wouldn't plan on any upgrades for either of those motherboards as they are both limited to a max RAM speed of 2666.

They will both get you closer to your maximum GPU performance with those 6-core CPUs that will boost up to 4.1ghz, then rather than buy an outdated and still very expensive 9th gen i9, save up and get a fully up to date 12th gen i7 with DDR5 in about a year or 2 from now.

The performance boost from the 9400/9400F should keep you more than happy for a couple of years to come.

This is what you should expect,

I can also lay my hands on a:

MSI B360M BAZOOKA Intel Core i5 @ 2.80GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake and DDR4 RAM
This is the board I would choose, it has the best cooling on the motherboard caps and mosfets and is the most gaming oriented board from the 3.

You manager sounds like a decent guy.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Aha! Interesting tidbit..

Finally, if performance is an issue, be aware that increasing the FoV will impact negatively your fps because your PC must work harder to render more on the screen.

While I am sure this doesn't account for much of my FPS issue, every little bit helps...

It looks like for me, with targeting/aiming issues and FPS issues, a narrower FOV might be the way to go...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
It just occurred to me..

If I get the MSI Bazooka motherboard, I can sell the core i5 and my GTX-970 and likely cover the cost of a good core i9...

What do I need to look for in a core i9 1151 socket??

Like CODForums!

Advertisements