• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Xbox Live Xbox One backwards compatibility titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic34

Recruit
Obviously, like many Xbox users, I've been following the progress of the Xbox One backwards compatibility program with bated breath, and been a bit upset at how slow the progress has been going. That said, it was nice when they finally got around to making Black Ops 1 compatible. But, what about the other titles in between Classic and Ghosts? (Obviously Advanced Warfare will never be part of it, but Ghosts was still made mostly with PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind, and then evolved in the 11th hour as a test run for the next-gen consoles). What are the odds of compatibility for:

-Call of Duty Classic
-Call of Duty 2
-Call of Duty 3
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (will the remaster, even if it's only of limited availability, kill off the chances, or not because of how it can be obtained?)
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
-Call of Duty: World at War
-Call of Duty: Black Ops II
-Call of Duty: Ghosts

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Obviously, like many Xbox users, I've been following the progress of the Xbox One backwards compatibility program with bated breath, and been a bit upset at how slow the progress has been going. That said, it was nice when they finally got around to making Black Ops 1 compatible. But, what about the other titles in between Classic and Ghosts? (Obviously Advanced Warfare will never be part of it, but Ghosts was still made mostly with PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind, and then evolved in the 11th hour as a test run for the next-gen consoles). What are the odds of compatibility for:

-Call of Duty Classic
-Call of Duty 2
-Call of Duty 3
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (will the remaster, even if it's only of limited availability, kill off the chances, or not because of how it can be obtained?)
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
-Call of Duty: World at War
-Call of Duty: Black Ops II
-Call of Duty: Ghosts
They're developing the Modern Warfare Trilogy. That trilogy will probably be what will replace COD4/MW2/MW3 backward compatibility. If they had BC'ed the individual games, it would have a snake in their hands - because COD4/MW2/MW3 were hacked to bits.

Toxic34

Recruit
Well, what about the other games on the list? Black Ops 1 was made compatible. Black OPs II is the game most highly requested for the service. And what about the WWII games?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Well, what about the other games on the list? Black Ops 1 was made compatible. Black OPs II is the game most highly requested for the service. And what about the WWII games?
I think it's coming. BC takes time and money to get into the program. It's not a simple copy and paste.

You gotta understand, the chip(s) inside Xbox 360 is different from the one in Xbox One.

I would really love for these games to become backwards compatible. But Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Call of Duty World at War have been taken over by squeakers so I don't know if that reduces their chance of becoming backwards compatible.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I would really love for these games to become backwards compatible. But Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Call of Duty World at War have been taken over by squeakers so I don't know if that reduces their chance of becoming backwards compatible.
Squeakers have nothing to do with backward compatibility. Backward Compatibility means that your console can play older games. So, if COD4 becomes available on Xbox One, then it's backward compatible with your old COD4 disc. But how to get that done? Coding. I explained this earlier...
I think it's coming. BC takes time and money to get into the program. It's not a simple copy and paste.

You gotta understand, the chip(s) inside Xbox 360 is different from the one in Xbox One.
But that won't matter come November 4th. If you buy Infinite Warfare's Legacy or Deluxe editions, you get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGVNJCKyJ-M

No I mean because Call of Duty 4 and World at War are completely hacked to the point of being broken. And most of those modders that I've come across are squeakers so yeah that's what I meant. I just don't think Activision would want to bring these games to Xbox One when the games are filled with modders.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
No I mean because Call of Duty 4 and World at War are completely hacked to the point of being broken. And most of those modders that I've come across are squeakers so yeah that's what I meant. I just don't think Activision would want to bring these games to Xbox One when the games are filled with modders.
Then say that.

Activision is re-releasing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and MW3 in a trilogy, and that might replace the individual games as BC. They're not porting Infinite Warfare to PS3, and Xbox 360, so that trilogy will satisfy that market.

No they said they were only remastering Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. And the only upcoming backwards compatible Call of Duty game is Modern Warfare 2. Could you maybe link me to this Modern Warfare collection you speak of?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
No they said they were only remastering Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. And the only upcoming backwards compatible Call of Duty game is Modern Warfare 2. Could you maybe link me to this Modern Warfare collection you speak of?
When I typed that, I thought the trilogy was going to launch alongside Infinite Warfare, but the trilogy is available now. WTF. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements