• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

FPS Tweak Thread for PC

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
There are some tweaks that are specific to AMD or nVidia GPUs, for nVidia do the following:

- disable RTX
- change your render resolution to below 100% so the game renders at a lower resolution and then upscales for a performance boost
- put settings on low etc

So that's 3, I'm away from home, I can put more in when I am home tomorrow.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

slick8

Recruit
There are some tweaks that are specific to AMD or nVidia GPUs, for nVidia do the following:

- disable RTX
- change your render resolution to below 100% so the game renders at a lower resolution and then upscales for a performance boost
- put settings on low etc

So that's 3, I'm away from home, I can put more in when I am home tomorrow.

where to i disable RTX?

thank you

BTW im running an AMD Ryzen 3700, with 32GB of ram, and a gtx 1060, could my graphic card be holding it back?

KeyboardDemon

RTX is only on the RTX cards, it's not on the GTX cards, so that wouldn't apply on your PC.

KeyboardDemon

thx, would 1660 be ok at low settings or should i go with a 2060?
If you have the money for a 2060 you could go with that, but your 1060 should be good enough to wait for the next generation.

I don't think the performance increase is worth it now, when new cards are set to launch within the next couple of months.

What sort of frame rates are you getting right now?

I just checked and the difference between a GTX 1060 and an RTX 2060 is around a 40% performance increase from the RTX over the older GTX card. A second-hand GTX 1060 sells from around $150 to $200 depending on the model while a new RTX 2060 starts at around $270 so that's between a 30% to 57% increase in price.

I don't know what price the new RTX cards will launch at, but I would expect to see most current RTX cards drop in price, with the RTX 2070 range going up in price as these sell really well and nVidia has just stopped production on this line, give it enough time and they will be as rare as hen's teeth and rocking horse manure.

KeyboardDemon

Ok. You should be able to tweak that with Render Resolution settings from within the game itself, drop it down as far as it will let you, I think 66% should be achievable.

KeyboardDemon

I uploaded videos of the effect that dropping render resolution has on your game performance in another thread, but for your convenience, here they are:

This is my baseline at 100%, giving reasonably good frame rates.

This second video shows the game running with a 66% render resolution, I was hitting around 130-148fps at 100%, then over 200fps at some points with Render resolution at 66%, so it does seem worth doing.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Welp, I lowered my settings to as low as possible.. Got the slider bar nearly almost to the left..

I STILL got my ass kicked.. So I guess it's me... :D

KeyboardDemon

Welp, I lowered my settings to as low as possible.. Got the slider bar nearly almost to the left..

I STILL got my ass kicked.. So I guess it's me... :D
Oh dear.... You're missing a point, having a higher frame rate gives you an advantage because now you know you have been killed before the person that killed you. :p

Did you happen no notice an increase in frame rates while you were watching the kill cam replays?

slick8

Recruit
it does work, thank you for your time

BTW, any recommendations on a new power supply? Im running a thermaltake 850w now but its dated, Im running a ryzen 3700+ with gtx 1060, and the cpu fan plus 3 case fans and an m2 nvme drive, no lights no BS

thank you

KeyboardDemon

it does work, thank you for your time
Always happy to help [emoji4]

BTW, any recommendations on a new power supply? Im running a thermaltake 850w now but its dated, Im running a ryzen 3700+ with gtx 1060, and the cpu fan plus 3 case fans and an m2 nvme drive, no lights no BS

thank you
I have a 5-year old EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2 in my new PC that I built in June.

Your Thermaltake is from a good brand, I wouldn't change it because of its age.

The only reason to change your PSU would be if you started getting unexplained stability issues, such as random restarts when the system is under load. But this could also be due to a memory issue, or even a GPU fault.

Just to add to what I said above, do you know the model of your Thermaltake 850 watt PSU?

You can look it up on Johnny Guru to see how it performed in their review, this is a site that considered to be the expert site for all things that are related to PSUs.

KeyboardDemon

its a Black Widow TR2 RX 850watt
It looks like that model is not 1 that was well received, it might be worth looking at replacing it after all.

This would be a good option:
View: https://youtu.be/ngoj-PjcioM

The link is for a video review of the Super Flower Leadex ii 650 watt, it got the second from top rating that Tom has ever given a PSU, and this guy knows his shizzle.

Leadex iii models are now available.

KeyboardDemon

Sorry, I was talking more about the range of PSUs, it will be available in different power ratings, I could have made that more clear.

If you let me know what hardware you are using it with then I can give you a better answer to how much power you need.

In most cases a typical gaming PC with a single graphics card, a couple of hard drives and SSDs, a selection of fans and RGB, should run comfortably with 650 watts. Particularly if that PC is less than 5-10 years old. A lot of the advancements in CPU design have been geared towards power efficiency, which I think is something that's been going on since around 2006-2008 when Intel released the Core i series of CPUs.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements